KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Venom (2018)

Venom (2018)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah except it's still a stupid idea.

So a body horror element for an alien being that's usually depicted as oozing out of a human body thus making him a demonic looking character can't work? I'm not sure if you're retarded or just too big of an MCU fanboy. Please stop trolling the thread, you've made it obvious you don't want to see the movie.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:09 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm actually more interested in this if Spiderman isn't in it, given the oversaturation of Spiderman films we've had.

But I do wonder how they expect to use Carpenter and Cronenberg as influences and make a friendly PG-13 film. Unless of course they make it R? Have they announced a rating?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:12 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:15 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
So a body horror element for an alien being that's usually depicted as oozing out of a human body thus making him a demonic looking character can't work? I'm not sure if you're retarded or just too big of an MCU fanboy. Please stop trolling the thread, you've made it obvious you don't want to see the movie.

Oh look it's my stalker in action again.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:41 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Considering that Venom's powerset(or at least the way -they- decide to manifest it) in the comics is pretty much derived from the symbiote's time with Peter, I wonder how faithful is this version going to be in terms of characterization.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:42 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The creative team from Life is involved, so yeah he might go the tendril route fro that film instead of webbing.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:44 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Considering that Venom's powerset(or at least the way -they- decide to manifest it) in the comics is pretty much derived from the symbiote's time with Peter, I wonder how faithful is this version going to be in terms of characterization.

Exactly. It's like people don't even know who Venom is. Or just don't give a rat and are instead like "who cares, it's gonna be a John Carpenter type horror film with Tom Hardy! Yay"

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah, god forbid they try something new and interesting!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:49 AM
Darth Thor

You say it as if the true Venom origin story has been done to death on the big screen.

Just face it, you're pretty dumb.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 20th, 2017 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:51 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I don't care if they shoehorn Spiderman or not. I'm not some whining fanboy like you who needs something comforting and or familiar to enjoy a film. The concept of an Alien symbiote combining with a man and merging to form an entirely new being is interesting as hell to me, and a Spiderman character going off and becoming a horror/Scifi film that embraces those elements and expands on them is mindblowing. I'm sorry if you need a safe reboot where he fights Peter Parker, and its the same thing as in the comics. You could go watch Spiderman 3 or beat off to the comics to satiate your fantasies.

The creative approach to this film has more balls than any MCU solo related property at the very least, and if it bombs its only because of Sony's past ineptitude in trying to neuter the script.

Last edited by carthage on Jul 20th, 2017 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 02:55 AM
HulkIsHulk

One good thing I can see with these standalone movies, especially villain movies is that when they are finally meeting the heroes in their solo films those movies don't have to worry about developing them much.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 06:50 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I don't care if they shoehorn Spiderman or not. I'm not some whining fanboy like you who needs something comforting and or familiar to enjoy a film. The concept of an Alien symbiote combining with a man and merging to form an entirely new being is interesting as hell to me, and a Spiderman character going off and becoming a horror/Scifi film that embraces those elements and expands on them is mindblowing. I'm sorry if you need a safe reboot where he fights Peter Parker, and its the same thing as in the comics. You could go watch Spiderman 3 or beat off to the comics to satiate your fantasies.

The creative approach to this film has more balls than any MCU solo related property at the very least, and if it bombs its only because of Sony's past ineptitude in trying to neuter the script.

Wow what a nice rant from my stalker.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 10:26 AM
Psychotron

Originally posted by Darth Thor
"who cares, it's gonna be a John Carpenter type horror film with Tom Hardy! Yay"

That sounds way more interesting than comic book movie #426, to be honest.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 10:57 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's actually a pretty interesting take. The rebooted Fantastic Four tried to do something similar but Venom seems like more suited material for horror-scifi anyway

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 11:03 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Psychotron
That sounds way more interesting than comic book movie #426, to be honest.

I'm starting to think so too to be honest, or at least beginning to have a bit more an open mind about it. I enjoyed Spider-Man Homecoming as much as the next person, but putting the MCU wank aside, this Venom film does seem to have an interesting premise despite the lack of Spidey, though I get why others would be offput by it too.

If the Venom film has any potential to be decent on its own merit I might give it a chance, rather than boycott it simply because it's not MCU.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 20th, 2017 at 11:30 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 11:21 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I'm starting to think so too to be honest, or at least beginning to have a bit more an open mind about it. I enjoyed Spider-Man Homecoming as much as the next person, but putting the MCU wank aside, this Venom film does seem to have an interesting premise despite the lack of Spidey, though I get why others would be offput by it too.

If the Venom film has any potential to be decent on its own merit I might give it a chance, rather than boycott it simply because it's not MCU.

The fact that Tom Hardy is in it, it's going to be rated R, and Cronenberg's name is being thrown around has me curious. We'll see what they come up with.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 12:09 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Its going to be rated R.

http://collider.com/venom-movie-rating-r/

Hell yes.

Although, this gives me pause...

quote:
Scripted by Dante Harper (Alien: Covenant)

*facepalm* sad

thumb up

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 12:31 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why the **** would we want to watch Spiderman 3?....it was a shit adaptation of the Venom character.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 12:42 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Although, this gives me pause...

Covenant was okay, if you cut out the mandatory Alien bits. David and Walter's scenes were great, although that could be due to Fassbender.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 01:05 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Why the **** would we want to watch Spiderman 3?....it was a shit adaptation of the Venom character.

You're missing the point, Kaz. Because it has Spiderman. And Venom. On the same screen. Meaning in order to do Venom appropriately maybe he needs to be solo.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 01:06 PM