KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Physical Standards in a Relationship

How important to you are looks in a relationship?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Extremely important 1 4.55%
Quite important 8 36.36%
Somewhat important 8 36.36%
Not important 3 13.64%
Not at all important 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Physical Standards in a Relationship
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Physical Standards in a Relationship

I've been thinking about relationships and whether or not I'd be willing to get into one with someone who I don't really find attractive. This subject brought itself up to me because my friend is trying to hook me up with a guy who I think is probably a 5/10, but he could be really awesome, so I don't think I want to deny the opportunity of a relationship because the guy doesn't fit my standards. I'm curious on your opinions, so POST BELOW AND VOTE.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:08 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd say quite important. It's not "extremely" important because I put a lot of emphasis on personality as well, but it's not a minor thing either because sexual attraction is a very important part of these types of relationships.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:31 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Somewhat important. Personality and compatibility are more important, but I can't imagine a lasting relationship if you're completely put off by their appearance.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:54 AM
SunRazer is currently offline Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Wang em bang em and lang em I always say.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 05:32 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

looks fade

personality rarely changes

you dont have to rush anything mate

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 07:28 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I dunno, if he has specific standards then he might end up resenting being in the relationship due to his looks even if he likes the guy. You could always just try going on a date and seeing what he's like, maybe his personality is unbelievably awesome or something, in which case it might be worth having a shot at it, but otherwise I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone I didn't find attractive (regardless of their personality) because I know that if the relationship soured, I'd probably end up being more cruel in dumping them than would be necessary due to me resenting their looks and the fact that I ever had to be seen in public with them.

I don't know what you can glean from that Joker, but there might be something

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 10:14 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd say quite important. It's not "extremely" important because I put a lot of emphasis on personality as well, but it's not a minor thing either because sexual attraction is a very important part of these types of relationships.

This seems like me.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 11:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Somewhat important. Though I value a sense of humour, personality and intelligence over physical appearance, good looks certainly help the relationship and "falling in love" process.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:51 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wang em bang em and lang em I always say.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:24 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:09 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean it's a bonus if they're attractive; but I'd never date a fat slob for example. I voted for "quite important".

Thinking long-term we all turn ugly in the end so why bother really; I look for personality first, and if they're good looking I might go for it.

I don't really care for such these matters though so meh

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:11 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by MythLord
Somewhat important. Though I value a sense of humour, personality and intelligence over physical appearance, good looks certainly help the relationship and "falling in love" process.

Good looks like a cat face?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:17 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol dude..a 5/10? Not sure what the problem is. There is a difference between not finding someone super attractive and..finding them utterly gross.

People in life rarely date a "10" on the attractiveness scale. If a person is decent looking(a 5 is decent) then if your personalities match your attraction will increase based on that.

If the guy was like a 1 or a 2 out of 10 that would be different, but a 5? Meh.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
If a person is decent looking(a 5 is decent) then if your personalities match your attraction will increase based on that.
That's actually a fair point. I've found people unattractive before, but then after getting to know them and finding out they're actually pretty cool, have started finding them more attractive. I guess personality does actually go quite a long way. As long as the person isn't a hideous ****ing C.H.U.D. it can probably be worked around just fine.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 05:18 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is the harsh truth: 75% of people will have to settle for someone less attractive then they would have preferred.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 08:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Well, it is important. I think you might be less likely to stray if you are sexually attracted to your significant other. For me though, if the potential significant other is really awesome personality wise, they will become more attractive to me. Maybe it will work for you.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 08:07 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Lol dude..a 5/10? Not sure what the problem is. There is a difference between not finding someone super attractive and..finding them utterly gross.

People in life rarely date a "10" on the attractiveness scale. If a person is decent looking(a 5 is decent) then if your personalities match your attraction will increase based on that.

If the guy was like a 1 or a 2 out of 10 that would be different, but a 5? Meh.
He's more like a 4 in all honesty but you're right, yeah. My friend says we have similar personalities and stuff so I at least want to talk to him.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 11:28 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by |King Joker|
He's more like a 4 in all honesty but you're right, yeah. My friend says we have similar personalities and stuff so I at least want to talk to him.

Okay, but if he asks you he is at least a 7. That is what I do with chicks, I always rate them 3 numbers above what they really are.

Coincidentally I have been with a lot of 4's.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 11:30 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Okay, but if he asks you he is at least a 7. That is what I do with chicks, I always rate them 3 numbers above what they really are.

Coincidentally I have been with a lot of 4's.
LMFAO. I'll remember that.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 11:33 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

People with interesting personalities and particularly compatible with my own are all desirable sexual material to me, unless they're somehow totally ugly that hurts the eye. As others have stated in the thread, if you like someone, it's impossible to distinguish attractiveness from being purely physical or psychological; the latter enhances the former.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 11:38 PM
TenebrousWay is currently offline Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote