KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars Battlefront II (EA)

Star Wars Battlefront II (EA)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Star Wars Battlefront II (EA)

Well here we go... Sigh.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/stat...168610460209152

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...s=1490824518428

Will soon see if this delivers any of what the previous one failed to.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 09:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Was anyone here stupid enough to buy this aggressively mediocre game?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If there was, I think it was a minority as far as here. Phuck the masses who made the first one very successful though, especially if they never played the real Battlefronts from early 2000's.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:20 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I considered buying it when it was on sale a few weeks back for like $7.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 01:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Still haven't brought the first one from EA

the 2005 one is still a better version.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 02:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II (EA)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well here we go... Sigh.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/stat...168610460209152

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...s=1490824518428

Will soon see if this delivers any of what the previous one failed to.

Look, i didn't support, Battlefield when it first came out. I said it was half of a game, which it was, but unfortunately, that's the case with the vast majority of online games these days. Take the game of the year for example, Overwatch. There's absolutely no reason why that should have won, Game of the year. Yeah, it was an incredibly polished game with a lot of characters, but there was very little to the game. I'm not saying, Battleborn was a better game, but it had far more content than, Overwatch as did, Battlefront...,at least in variety.

I think we all need to stop sucking the the dick of Battlefront 1 & 2 because there is absolutely no way those games could exist in this day and age. If you remember the way those games were designed ,they were terrible. There was no single player campign in either game mode. Tis is the biggest problem i point out to all original, Battlefront, fans because they seem to forget that there was no, Campaign mode in these games.

These games were designed to be Multiplayer games but they weren't, they were completely designed as singled player games. The game play quickly became redundant because of such.

Look at modern The day Battlefield, it's the first one of it's kind. It's a cross platform multiplayer that;s accessible. The graphics are state of the art and the game play is as silky smooth as you could hope for, however people cry fowl because it doesn't feel like the old, Battlefields. however, i would argue how it doesn't feel like them and i can prove you wrong. The one thing people forget is that Dice haad only six months to work on this game and considering what they delivered i "personally" can;t have any complaints. I agree. There Should have been some kind of singkle player mode," in place of the lack of content" however, Dice has delivered on the content they promisedm which more than i can say about most game companies. I' just saying..., dice had six months to crete what they did with the Battlefront franchise and i think they've done a beautiful job with it especially considering the time they had to work with it. Battlefront is still one of the best looking anf best sounding game you'll see from this generation of consoles and even PC's. That means a lot for games these days. Like i said before, go back and look at the old, Battlefront's, No one wants to play them anymore because they're so, Obsolete, Dice hade SIX months to make the game they produced, It does a lot whilst standing apart from it's, Battlefield counterpart.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 05:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fair enough. Can see where you're coming from for the most part and even as much as I enjoy Overwatch, I can admit it getting GoTY was pretty questionable. As disappointed as I was with EA's Battlefront too, won't deny that it fits the mold for the kind of games that tend to be released now, tho was still left wanting more.

If it's any consolation, I at least have more hope for this Battlefront II than I did EA's first one since it's said to have a campaign and maybe some other things.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 05:51 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Am kinda glad Overwatch got GOTY. That game's success I feel gave a middle finger to all these devs/publishers constantly telling everyone who bought the base game for $60 to go buy a $30-$40 season pass for upcoming maps, characters, emotes, skins, etc. with constant free DLC that's going to keep on coming as more and more people buy.

Hopefully it gives multiplayer games like Battlefront here a wake up call but if the idiot masses keep supporting these BS practices for it, then they deserve what the likes of EA, Activision, 2K and Ubisoft throw at them.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 08:21 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 08:18 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But Overwatch has microtransactions and even worst, it's randomized.

Feel free to complain about DLC but don't use Overwatch as the shining example it isn't. How about original TF2 where there was a map editor and 75% of the maps being played were player created. And better, Valve took those maps and made them official maps so it can be played on official servers.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 11:50 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Overwatch's microtransactions aren't nearly as in your face as TF2's, tbh

EDIT: Unless by original you mean before it became Hat Fortress 2

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 02:17 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I do.

I think Valve screwed Team Fortress 2 up when they released the ability to get hats. And then further compounded the problem when it went free to play.

But pre-hat update, TF2 was a great example on how to release new content. You received new modes, new maps and allowed you to host dedicated servers. They also used popular custom maps on officials lists and then eventually released all new weapons for each class for free.

However, they ****ed all that up by turning one of the best MP in the industry with crafting and microtransactions.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 04:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't they just let this die and give us something like KOTOR instead, it could be a blockbuster with today's technology

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 04:24 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There is multiple different developers making different Star Wars games.

There is also two other projects on the go. One from Respawn and other from Viscereal with Uncharted wrtier Amy Hennig.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 05:30 PM
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Can't they just let this die and give us something like KOTOR instead, it could be a blockbuster with today's technology

Yep yep yep yep yep. If only EA would let BioWare really sink its teeth into developing a true action-RPG KOTOR title again...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 11:26 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

https://vimeo.com/212842535

Hot damn. Game will probably be shit but a post-RotJ Campaign & all eras?! I just can't help myself.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 02:39 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That... surprises me. Was expecting some post-RotJ, but not all eras. Sweet.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 02:56 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm, I liked BF1 campaign so I wonder if this game will follow the same suit in providing different stories instead of one cohesive narrative.

And I never played the SP because it was too arcadey for me. If they follow in DICE's BF series and add space to land battles I would be very intrigued.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 03:25 AM
ares834

I'd expect a single narrative following that one Imperial chick up through the Battle of Jakku. It could be quite cool if done right.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 03:44 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You might be right.

I'm not sure DICE makes the effort to design work for all eras and not include any of those within the SP campaign. BF1 had multiple stories and it was very effective because it allowed them to showcase multiple theaters.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 03:50 AM
steverules_2

There's a short trailer, looks like a single player story has been added

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 08:00 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote