KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Boruto: Naruto Next Generation

Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
Started by: Dramatic Gecko

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Well as of this point of Naruto GT, it looks like the show is finally going to animate the Gaiden and Chp 700 was sort of covered

The show also asks the question " Is Housewife Temari or Ramen-eating Champion Hinata the more bizarre occurence?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 11:39 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Champion Hinata is definitely more bizarre.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 03:13 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

On this rendition of Naruto GT, Uchiha Maury is well underway with Sarada meeting Sasuke and ChoCho beign ChoCho in all of its animated glory.

Also the Boruto manga has its own (not)Akatsuki introduced recently.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 06:39 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Poster for the upcoming movie rehash arc out, third Otsutsuki from the Kaguya filler is confirmed for an appearance:

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1512713511106.jpg

Raditz looks almost disappointingly generic, but I'm still excited for the new content.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Dec 8th, 2017 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 06:00 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So Naruto GT is doing their own version of the Land of Waves arc.

Also[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Considering what happens to him in Boruto, I think it would've been best that Aoi would have just been left alone with having his death remain due to the Juubi attack

If you couldn't tell already I'm bumping this because I'm really bored

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 07:58 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Land of the Waves arc"

Bro, the Boruto crew's "Land of the Waves" was back in their academy days. They're in their "Akatsuki" arc at this point.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:16 AM
wakkawakkawakka

By "academy days" you mean pre-Boruto movie right? Admittedly I tuned out that stuff as I always figured the start of Boruto's story was the movie.

It also shows how the (not)Akatsuki are completely forgettable right now.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 05:39 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

So I guess this last episode of the anime opens some questions for me...

When Urashiki was talking to Toneri, he said he was from "the main family." I guess this just means he's from the original Otsutsuki clan that Kaguya was from, but it could also be referring to the main family that was wiped out by the branch family in the LAST backstory.

Also, assuming that the former is the case, why does Urashiki consider Toneri as a fellow clansmen, but not Naruto/Sasuke? Toneri should be a descendent of Hamura just like Naruto/Sasuke are descendants of Hagoromo, and yet they're classified differently. Come to think of it, I had thought the Hyuuga and the Otsutuski(moon) were like the Uchiha and the Senju, but I guess we should start seriously considering why the Otsutsuki(moon) are so much more alien-like despite having a mutual ancestor. Is it due to inbreeding, or could there perhaps be more of a relationship between the Otsutsuki clan and the Otsutsuki(moon) clan than we know?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:05 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Upon re-inspection, apparently it says in the Fourth Databook that Kaguya actually brought the Otsutsuki clan to earth, and it was them that Hamura took to the moon, rather than his descendants? That makes literally no sense with regards to the story, but it is consistent with this episode...?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:32 PM
wakkawakkawakka

At this point in the series, Boruto seems more like an extensive "where are they now?" for the Naruto cast especially now that they're recapping the Boruto movie: this additional content just kind of seems to reinforce even with extra exposure to the new generation.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 11:53 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Easily the best episode so far today. It's a recap, but was a massive improvement from the movie's final fight. Even the animation looked much better in places.

Momoshiki was actually a boss this time around, although it honestly doesn't make much sense with his portrayal up until now. He supposedly has never had to work hard for strength, but can use gentle fist and some crazy mixed martial arts skills in this episode. He also went from being in awe of the the "ridiculously huge" Nine Tails's chakra to being Juubidara level after eating his henchman Kinshiki. Welp, it was cool anyways.

Sasuke was a beast too. Amenotejikara went from being a slightly improved substitution jutsu to being his trump card in this episode. Dude was doing shit like restraining Momoshiki in his own chains and swapping ninjutsu. Also, both Momoshiki and Sasuke using Six Paths Jutsu, which was a nice change of pace. Some of Naruto and Sasuke's Storm 4 combos were there, too.

Also, looks like Boruto's vanishing rasengan is lightning release. i.e literally the jutsu that Kakashi failed to complete.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 09:17 PM
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Also, looks like Boruto's vanishing rasengan is lightning release. i.e literally the jutsu that Kakashi failed to complete.

That made me laugh more than I thought I would when it was revealed.

Naruto and Sasuke actually having to put effort into Momoshiki was funny though "Happy Sasuke" is still weird.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:19 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Momoshiki VS Madara is now a legitimate question. He'd still be out of his depth against Kaguya though.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 07:13 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Well Naruto and Sasuke never actually beat Juubidara...and they could actually use ninjustu against him.

As far as the threat Kaguya feared, could it had possibly been the Otsutski clan in general. Momoshiki, as impressive as this new fight was, didn't really do anything that Kaguya couldn't match in raw power.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 06:41 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

The fact that ninjutsu can't be used against Momoshiki is part of his strength, though. The same rules would apply to Madara. Also, while I agree that Kaguya's fear was more "the Otsutsuki clan" coming for her than it was Momoshiki specifically, the Kaguya filler arc does suggest that Momoshiki, Kinshiki, and Urashiki were the ones she suspected would come. And while I also agree that Momoshiki is no Kaguya, I don't think her fear would be unreasonable in that case either.

When you think about it, those three are an incredibly dangerous foe for her, even though they're individually pretty pathetic by comparison. Taking Momoshiki for example, while he was only really on par with Gaara and Darui in terms of physical combat, he possesses the extremely dangerous ability to steal any and all ninjutsu used against him. Of course, on his own Kaguya could defeat him easily by simply not using ninjutsu and crushing him in close quarters, but then there's Kinshiki, who is basically the opposite. Kinshiki has no answer whatsoever to ninjutsu, and was essentially defeated by a combination attack by Kurotsuchi and Chojuro, but I think it's really underestimated how overwhelming of a force he is in physical combat. In the novel it's made clear that Kinshiki has this OP strength-enhancing jutsu that makes him almost impossible to approach, to the point where Sasuke basically ruled taijutsu out as an effective way of fighting him. And there's the crux of it--Kaguya could also defeat him easily by avoiding close quarters combat and attacking with ninjutsu, but then there's Momoshiki to worry about. Fighting the two of them at once creates this situation where both ninjutsu and taijutsu are out of the question. They're like Ornstein and Smough from Dark Souls, individually very weak (see the "Old Dragonslayer" boss in DS2), but as a team they're devastatingly effective. The reason that Momoshiki and Kinshiki lost against Boruto and the gang is because they came in numbers (Naruto, Sasuke, Five Kage, and Boruto), and managed to divide and conquer. I think this is why Kaguya created the White Zetsu army, since while they're fodder, they could be used as diversions to isolate her individual opponents and deal with them accordingly. But back to the topic at hand, even if Kaguya could deal with Momoshiki and Kinshiki by way of her sheer overwhelming power (which may be a stretch, considering that those two can temporarily amplify their power with pills as needed), she could still get tripped up the wildcard in the room, Urashiki. In a sense, he's the most dangerous facet of this for Kaguya, even though (as far as we know) he's by far the weakest of the gang. He can use Yomotsu Hirasaka, which would serve to prevent Kaguya from BFR'ing either of the other two combatants like she did Sasuke. He can directly steal her chakra regardless of the battle strategy she chooses. He can counter her genjutsu options with his own Rinne Sharingan. And, most importantly, he possesses a time-space based sealing jutsu that is powerful enough to put her down for good, despite her immortality. If you still think it's infeasible that three much weaker characters could manage to defeat Kaguya, I'd just like to remind you that it's happened to her twice already. Oh, and I suppose if Momoshiki were to devour both Kinshiki and Urashiki, he might have gained powers comparable to Kaguya's.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 25th, 2018 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 09:05 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 09:09 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

That was actually a pretty cool breakdown. Thanks for sharing.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 09:31 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That was actually a pretty cool breakdown. Thanks for sharing.

Thx

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 10:16 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Iirc Naruto and Sasuke were still able to use some ninjutsu against Madara just thatbit didn't do much due to his upgrade in durability. Though Momoshiki's ability to not only buff himself from the ninjustu he absorbs but to release a stronger version of said ninjutsu makes for a more prominent handicapp.

Admittedly I forgot about the addition of Urashiki in this initial analysis and had figured that Kinshiki and Momoshiki would run into the same problem Naruto and friends ran into as far as not being able to kill her.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 10:31 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I keant that Madara wouldnt be able to use ninjutsu against Momoshiki either. Also, not confident about Momoshiki's ability to actually amplify a jutsu cast by someone far stronger than himself. Effectively, at least

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 09:47 AM