KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hellboy (2019)

Hellboy (2019)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah ffs. This is just further proof that people are truly reaching (no pun intended) to shit on this movie just because it's not del Toro.

Everyone suddenly has rose colored glasses for the past. Hellboy 2 is crap. There I said it.

I didnt like the sequel anywhere near as much as the first (the story just didnt pull me in), but the characters/ization was great, the FX, the overall humor.
I think Del Toro would have bounced back from the ‘sophomore slump’ w. a third outing.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 02:52 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by riv6672
I didnt like the sequel anywhere near as much as the first (the story just didnt pull me in), but the characters/ization was great, the FX, the overall humor.
I think Del Toro would have bounced back from the ‘sophomore slump’ w. a third outing.

What was the whole thing about that hellboy was gonna turn evil? When he had that sword peace removed, dunno if that's something that happened in the comics

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 10:02 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the Hell in London was superb and would have liked to see much more of it.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 10:11 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I thought the Hell in London was superb and would have liked to see much more of it.
what you give it out if 10 pal

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 11:10 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So very mixed reviews.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 12:57 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Just go to London on any typical day then.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 01:09 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I thought it was bloody awesome.

Someone gets it. thumb up

Yeah, that's actually a criticism. It could have used more of hell being unleashed. But of course there were probably budgetary constraints.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Instead of being released juz after Capt Marvel & Shazam & before Endgame...HB would've done better with an October release to coincide with Halloween.

That may have helped, but I think it would have been fucked no matter what, to be honest. There's always going to be steep competition. But I think it would still fail due to the whole del Toro fiasco as I've explained. People are unjustly holding that against it. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people online saying, "Oh, it's not Ron Pearlman (yes they misspell his name of course) I'm not going to see it." Plus the reviews haven't helped it any. It's destined to have more of a niche appeal.

That being said, at the time of writing this they still haven't released the total foreign gross so far.

Originally posted by riv

I agree. Like I said, I wanted to see del Toro finish his trilogy. Especially because I think he was going to explore a similar storyline that the new film explored, about Hellboy having to deal with his potentially evil nature, etc. Plenty of filmmakers would have been willing to drop the budget a little and do it for the fans, but he's so set on not "compromising his vision."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Insane Titan

It gets a 8-9/10 from me. thumb up thumb up

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 01:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

3 days later...I'm still buzzing about how much I enjoyed it.

It's nowhere near perfect but the wait was worth it.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 02:18 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Insane Titan
7.5 IT, loved it

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 02:45 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

3 days later...I'm still buzzing about how much I enjoyed it.

It's nowhere near perfect but the wait was worth it.

Yeah, if I have time I hope to catch it again at the cheap theater. And from the looks of things it probably won't take very long for it to get there... heh. sad

Did you see in one of the trailers it showed Hellboy making out with the Queen with blood dripping all over them? It must have been cut from the movie, because I don't remember seeing that at all. It's the only thing I don't recognize from the trailer...

It's at about 2:00 in this trailer...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 03:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Screenshot 1..

Attachment: 20190419_164312.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 08:45 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Screenshot 2.

Attachment: 20190419_164339.jpg

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 08:46 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I think it was a "triggered memory" when HB first touched Excalibur showing him destroying & ruling the world alongside the Queen....

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 12:12 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think it was a "triggered memory" when HB first touched Excalibur showing him destroying & ruling the world alongside the Queen....

So do you think it was in the movie? I totally missed it if it was. Pretty sure I barely blinked, so I don't think it was in there.

And steverules, cease and desist with that sig image rip off!!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 02:03 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Why David Harbour's Hellboy Is Way Better Than Ron Perlman's

quote:
"In other words, Harbour's Red has a much more relatable angst, as someone killing his own kind, than Perlman's brood-fest for unrequited love."

That's the key for me. thumb up

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:26 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
And steverules, cease and desist with that sig image rip off!!

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:48 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

thumb down

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:53 PM
steverules_2

I haven’t even seen the film yet

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:55 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Shame on you.

Well if you pay to see the movie, then I might actually forgive your insubordination.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 01:58 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Bible belt strikes another blow to... Satan?

Attachment: fb_img_1556059303303.jpg

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 10:45 PM