KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » People who make Politics thier Religion (Aka The Liberals and Leftists)

People who make Politics thier Religion (Aka The Liberals and Leftists)
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Indeed, attributing President Trump to be "God's Chosen One" is making politics be your religion and she seems to legitimately believe this. The bit about god cursing family blood lines if they go against Trump, that's just a combination of fear-mongering (which these people thrive on) "You better believe what I believe or something bad will happen to you," and idiocy.

This is disturbing. The fear mongering is fairly common in Religion as well. She definitely has a few screws loose.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:25 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I think you have misinterpreted the real meaning for the saying of "Separation of Church & State".

Where is the misinterpretation?

Politicians shouldn't be talking about God and encouraging people to "pray." It's wrong. Yet in this country for some reason you can't even possibly expect to make a decent campaign unless you openly invoke "God" and prayer, and you'd better not let it get out that you're an atheist. Your campaign would never get off the ground.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Politicians shouldn't be talking about God and encouraging people to "pray." It's wrong. Yet in this country for some reason you can't even possibly expect to make a decent campaign unless you openly invoke "God" and prayer, and you'd better not let it get out that you're an atheist. Your campaign would never get off the ground.

No its not. The rule is that the State cannot choose or Enforce a particular religion over another. Not does it ban people with Religious Beliefs from participating in government. The rule is you keep the State OUT of the Church, not the Church out of the State! Stop listening to your Fanatical Leftist College Professors and actually go out an Learn for yourself how things really work.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The rule is you keep the State OUT of the Church, not the Church out of the State!

lol, then how is that a separation of Church and State?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

lol, then how is that a separation of Church and State?

Wow. So in your opinion the people of the U.S can either do one or the other, not both then? Or to put it another way, That statement you just gave kind of proves the point of this thread. You want the STATE to have Power over EVERYTHING! Every aspect of our lives. You really missed the point of how the U.S was founded and the people that fought against tyranny to found it.

Last edited by Flyattractor on Jun 9th, 2017 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:58 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No sure if they "they shouldn't" as a blanket, as they're free to be religious, but there is a fine line.

Jefferson's statement was in regards to the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Which means that no religion will hold power or ground in government and in turn the government will not dictate religious freedom, meaning you could be a Jew or Hindu and not fear the government bearing down on you for your beliefs, as the US is supposed to not be a theocracy (these crazies in American should just move to Iran or something).

To add to that, we have the religious test clause: "no federal office holder or employee can be required to adhere to or accept any particular religion or doctrine as a prerequisite to holding a federal office or a federal government job". Further showing that religion has no sway in government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Religious_Test_Clause

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 9th, 2017 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 06:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The lady saying Trump is a "chosen" one of God is crazy. Sounds like she is saying Trump is some kind of prophet.

The silver lining is that if that were somehow true he's still a vastly better prophet than Muhammad ever was. But then that's not really an accomplishment. It's like me saying I'm a better person than Jeffrey Dahmer.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm fully aware that the general interpretation is that there isn't supposed to be an official establishment of State religion. Because then there would be a theocracy and not democracy. But far too many politicians are wacky fundamentalist Christians (like Pence) and (like Robtard said) it's a fine line, because Christian/Biblical doctrines start creeping into policy, for example the desire for Christians to have the Ten Commandments posted, prayer in schools, etc..

Christian fundamentalists stopped one of the most promising lines of research for medical treatment: stem cells. It was purely for some unsubstantiated "belief" that the soul enters the zygote at conception. It's crap, and it is affecting the country negatively.

So whatever the loose interpretation of Church and State is, I'm saying it's far too loose.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:14 PM
Flyattractor

But that also goes the other way when others like Enviromental Leftist Wackos start calling for people to be imprisoned or worse because they choose NOT to go with those beliefs. Its a Double Edged Sword.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:18 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

But Leftist also Leftist Leftist Leftist Leftist when Leftist Wackos start calling for people to be Leftist or Leftist because Leftist choose NOT to go with Leftist beliefs. Its a Leftist Edged Leftist.

^ That's all I ever see when you write, Fly. lol

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
The lady saying Trump is a "chosen" one of God is crazy. Sounds like she is saying Trump is some kind of prophet.

The silver lining is that if that were somehow true he's still a vastly better prophet than Muhammad ever was. But then that's not really an accomplishment. It's like me saying I'm a better person than Jeffrey Dahmer.

While you started out alright, it's like you can't help yourself no matter the topic; you find some way to make it an anti-Islam rant. Did your girlfriend at one time dump you for a Muslim man? Be honest for once in your life, Surt.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

^ That's all I ever see when you write, Fly. lol

Not surprising to see that you have to put everything thru the "Lefty Filter" before you read stuff.

Says alot about you.

I would pray for your soul...but meh...why bother.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So whatever the loose interpretation of Church and State is, I'm saying it's far too loose.

There's no real loose interpretation, Jefferson was saying that in regards to the 1st Amendment, which is interpreted as is. The Far Christian Right though, they like to interpret thinks differently and America is apparently supposed to be a Christian Theocracy, more specifically, their special view of Christianity.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 9th, 2017 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 07:42 PM
Flyattractor

Some interestig points about how The Left ue politics to push their "Religion".

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:32 AM