KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Obi Wan & Anakin vs Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma

ROTS Obi Wan & Anakin vs Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma
Started by: deathslash

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
I can't decide which arguments are more cringe-worthy.
are you referring to my conversation with Moose or are you referring to the people that are saying either side stomps?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 03:32 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

The entirety of the thread, honestly.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 03:34 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

The entirety of the thread, honestly.
I can certainly agree to an extent. I didn't expect so many people to say that this fight was one-sided for either team. We all know that Obi Wan is the greatest practitioner of Soresu and Anakin is the chosen one and a master of Ataru, meanwhile, I paired them up against two of the greatest sith lords ever (both of which were leagues above the best that the Jedi had to offer at that time).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 03:42 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by deathslash
Anakin is the chosen one and a master of Ataru,

*Djem So

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
*Djem So
thanks, I occasionally have trouble remembering which Jedi uses which style.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 05:06 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

If Obi-Wan dies, Berserk Knightfall Anakin can likely take down Ulic and Exar especially if Kenobi can get in a good shot against Ulic before he dies.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

1. She didn't know who exar was or what he was capable of. Hence why she asked if he was a Jedi.

2. Where does it say that in either of the scans that you posted?

3. They are two completely separate speech bubbles. That's Ulic calling Exar a pretender.

That was after they had been proclaimed sith lords and it was also after both amulets came into close contact. Before that point, both Exar and Ulic didn't have dark side energy rippling off of them.

Yes, that is an incredibly gay scan.

Not saying that she deflected or blocked Exar's attack or anything of the sort. But she did survive it even though Kun explicitly stated that he was going to kill her and Ulic. So now we have two conflicting showings of how powerful his energy blasts are. So the question needs to be asked, what changed? Exar was undeniably on a dark side Nexus when he killed Nadd and he wasn't when he attacked Aleema.

The idea that Kun wanted her to stay alive when he himself said that he was going to kill her also begs for substantial evidence.

1. In the TOTJ era, any non-Sith Force user was generically considered a Jedi. This is because the series predates the PT by quite some time.

2. 'Great darkness' tends to be a good thing when one is a dark side Force user, in the same way 'great muscles' are a good thing to have when you bench press cars.

3. Actually, Nadd called Kun the pretender, IIRC, as he died from an amulet punch to the face. But my harddrive was formatted and I don't have all the scans like I did in the past. Nitpicking and red herrings aside, the assertion that Kun couldn't/didn't kill Aleema because reason X; therefore, he couldn't/won't kill other combatants is in a word, unsound.

4. What does dark side rippling whatever have to do with anything? Your point to which I responded was about Kun 'failing' to kill Aleema, a failing which isn't supported by the source material or a rational argument.

Kun saying he was going to 'kill them all' and then deciding after his flight over to whimsically knock her the **** out doesn't preclude his ability to do so. Especially given that the source material says, in clear and certain words, that it can amplify his rage tens of thousands of times.

So let's be utterly clear here: do you think that Aleema, someone who learned at the feet of rogue Jedi Nadd, was somehow so competent that she tanked his attack? Do you think that this unjustified assumption will somehow yield a weakness in Kun's abilities that PT era Jedi, who show much less esoteric knowledge than the Jedi or Sith of the TOTJ era, will figure out?

Do you think that the Force nexus on Yavin IV is so powerful that it can make Kun a god and yet if he goes to ****ing Onderon/Dxun lose twenty levels in Amulet Blast?

No, there's no way you think that, because it's entirely unreasonable. I mean, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

I can certainly agree to an extent. I didn't expect so many people to say that this fight was one-sided for either team. We all know that Obi Wan is the greatest practitioner of Soresu and Anakin is the chosen one and a master of Ataru, meanwhile, I paired them up against two of the greatest sith lords ever (both of which were leagues above the best that the Jedi had to offer at that time).

Obi-Wan is noted as the greatest practitioner of Soresu in the PT era, an era noted for continuous peace and relative lack of Sith/Jedi conflict. Obi-Wan's Soresu does jack shit to Dooku's Makashi, and even less to The Cestus Deception's Ventress.

Meanwhile, Exar Kun and Ulic are basically master swordsmen in practice and according to the narration. Ulic is so badass he can stalemate a pissed of Sylvar after being Forceless and in exile for years. Exar Kun, before his Sith knowledge/amulet bump could outfight just about anyone but Ulic.

And that's not even going into Force powers. A sufficiently powerful enough Dooku was able to choke Obi-Wan and chuck him out of the fight. Anakin, to his credit, gets really mad and does random, plot-induced awesome stuff. And then other times, he's just a pushover, because he's headstrong, lacking in wisdom and esoteric knowledge.

Without objective measurements of either, I'll just lay it out as best I can:

Saber mastery:

Exar Kun - master of single and double saber combat, and able to outfight the Jedi battlemaster Vodo. Note that this is in a time when Jedi still practiced to fight and kill dark siders and wore battle armor.

Ulic - master swordsman, able to outfight Mandalore with far less trouble than Obi had with Jango. Completely outclasses everyone but Exar Kun, who is at this point a titan.

Obi-Wan - master of the turtle defensive method, which people like Ventress and Dooku can pick apart with ease. Also, Yoda and Sidious. As of The Cestus Deception, Kit Fisto's Form I was considered on par with Obi-Wan's Soresu, but of course three years of fighting robots must have changed things greatly (sarcasm). The only individual I can recall Obi-Wan destroying with ease is muggle Grievous.

Anakin - master of the Djem So/swing batta batta method. Arguably more talented than Obi-Wan, but generally more stupid. Nowhere near the level of established mastery in his own era, whereas his two opponents were peerless. Took like three or four tries to finally defeat Dooku, and if the RotS script is to be believed anymore, Dooku was letting him win.

Force:

Exar Kun - Clear winner here. Able to dominate ancient Jedi masters with relative ease. Able to make a puppet of the chancellor and freeze the entire galactic senate for his own amusement. Amulet greatly amplifies his power and makes him a force of nature. Able to tank a Force sever from the guy who made it, unlike even Ulic.

Ulic - talented with the Force, but largely more of a duelist. In that regard, he is better balanced against Anakin and Obi-Wan. With his amulet, he could also loose lesser bolts of energy, but given his personality, he's just as likely to start swinging.

Obi-Wan - In terms of finesse and precision, Obi-Wan is a talented Force user. In terms of raw power and destructive capability, he's somewhat mediocre. Definitely not going to be throwing buses at Ulic or Kun. Noted for being taken apart by strong dark side Force users such as Dooku and generally not noted for his mastery in combative Force use.

Anakin - Can get angry when a woman dies who reminds him of his mother and tear down a ceiling (Jedi Trial). Other basic stuff. Great potential but largely untapped. Anakin has no real control to speak of and most of his highest showings are because of plot-induced rage. Even with said rage, unable to TK Obi-Wan conclusively, and relies largely on his saber to do the talking for him. Midi-chlorians work real well for plot-induced badassery (Hestizo Trace, that beautiful thing) but in a hypothetical fight with neutral settings, account for shit.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

laughing

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:34 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
toplel
Restricted

Account Restricted

This guy Stealth Moose comes online once every year to (over)hype his 1990's favorite character on this barren wasteland of a forum. I'm weak.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 10:50 AM
Click here to Send toplel a Private Message Find more posts by toplel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Obi-Wan is noted as the greatest practitioner of Soresu in the PT era, an era noted for continuous peace and relative lack of Sith/Jedi conflict. Obi-Wan's Soresu does jack shit to Dooku's Makashi, and even less to The Cestus Deception's Ventress.

Meanwhile, Exar Kun and Ulic are basically master swordsmen in practice and according to the narration. Ulic is so badass he can stalemate a pissed of Sylvar after being Forceless and in exile for years. Exar Kun, before his Sith knowledge/amulet bump could outfight just about anyone but Ulic.

And that's not even going into Force powers. A sufficiently powerful enough Dooku was able to choke Obi-Wan and chuck him out of the fight. Anakin, to his credit, gets really mad and does random, plot-induced awesome stuff. And then other times, he's just a pushover, because he's headstrong, lacking in wisdom and esoteric knowledge.

Without objective measurements of either, I'll just lay it out as best I can:

Saber mastery:

Exar Kun - master of single and double saber combat, and able to outfight the Jedi battlemaster Vodo. Note that this is in a time when Jedi still practiced to fight and kill dark siders and wore battle armor.

Ulic - master swordsman, able to outfight Mandalore with far less trouble than Obi had with Jango. Completely outclasses everyone but Exar Kun, who is at this point a titan.

Obi-Wan - master of the turtle defensive method, which people like Ventress and Dooku can pick apart with ease. Also, Yoda and Sidious. As of The Cestus Deception, Kit Fisto's Form I was considered on par with Obi-Wan's Soresu, but of course three years of fighting robots must have changed things greatly (sarcasm). The only individual I can recall Obi-Wan destroying with ease is muggle Grievous.

Anakin - master of the Djem So/swing batta batta method. Arguably more talented than Obi-Wan, but generally more stupid. Nowhere near the level of established mastery in his own era, whereas his two opponents were peerless. Took like three or four tries to finally defeat Dooku, and if the RotS script is to be believed anymore, Dooku was letting him win.

Force:

Exar Kun - Clear winner here. Able to dominate ancient Jedi masters with relative ease. Able to make a puppet of the chancellor and freeze the entire galactic senate for his own amusement. Amulet greatly amplifies his power and makes him a force of nature. Able to tank a Force sever from the guy who made it, unlike even Ulic.

Ulic - talented with the Force, but largely more of a duelist. In that regard, he is better balanced against Anakin and Obi-Wan. With his amulet, he could also loose lesser bolts of energy, but given his personality, he's just as likely to start swinging.

Obi-Wan - In terms of finesse and precision, Obi-Wan is a talented Force user. In terms of raw power and destructive capability, he's somewhat mediocre. Definitely not going to be throwing buses at Ulic or Kun. Noted for being taken apart by strong dark side Force users such as Dooku and generally not noted for his mastery in combative Force use.

Anakin - Can get angry when a woman dies who reminds him of his mother and tear down a ceiling (Jedi Trial). Other basic stuff. Great potential but largely untapped. Anakin has no real control to speak of and most of his highest showings are because of plot-induced rage. Even with said rage, unable to TK Obi-Wan conclusively, and relies largely on his saber to do the talking for him. Midi-chlorians work real well for plot-induced badassery (Hestizo Trace, that beautiful thing) but in a hypothetical fight with neutral settings, account for shit.

You totally serious here or just lowballing for the sake of lowballing?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

He's as serious as you were with your Sidious > infinite Vaders.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 03:44 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Kun can't kill even aleema with her force blasts, he isn't doing jack to yoda tier force users like Anakin

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 03:50 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He's as serious as you were with your Sidious > infinite Vaders.

Let the man speak for himself, dude.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by toplel
This guy Stealth Moose comes online once every year to (over)hype his 1990's favorite character on this barren wasteland of a forum. I'm weak.

Kun is not even in my top ten favorite SW chars though, bro. Get with the program.

Originally posted by Azronger
You totally serious here or just lowballing for the sake of lowballing?

You walked right past the "Kun couldn't kill Aleema with his blast, even though he said he gun kill her ass" and hit me with a lowballing accusation?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I don't think you realize how bad it is here Stealth... Idiotic posts are so common now they're ignored in favor of posts that challenge the position of a person's favorite character.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 02:51 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

> Takes author implications as 100% canon statements
> continuously ignores the fact that sub-Sheev faggz are canonically above Exar Kun

Congrats, AP. thumb up

Plagueis? laughing out loud

If you think that laughable blurb is going to override numerous OOU statements and bonified Palpatine tier feats, you're cute.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 04:48 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

>"Aleema tanked Kun's Force Blast!"
>Ignores the fact Kun was spirit Nadd tier before he immediately gains more power, before he even leaves Yavin IV.
>Nadd's spirit makes Keto look pathetic in every possible way.

Top tier idiocy.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 04:51 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I don't think you realize how bad it is here Stealth... Idiotic posts are so common now they're ignored in favor of posts that challenge the position of a person's favorite character.

KMC was full of bias well before SWVF existed. And movie > EU bias has existed nearly as long. Long before stuff like TCW or even ROTS, people would argue out of their ass against reason just because movies > EU.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 05:10 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by AncientPower
If you think that laughable blurb is going to override numerous OOU statements

You mean the canon "blurb"? Yes, I do believe it's going to override one or two implications made by authors who's opinions and interpretations of events are not canonical.

and bonified Palpatine tier feats,

laughing

you're cute.

Thanks, but now's not the time to flirt honey.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 08:41 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Plagueis would crush Kun into a ball, lmao. Meanwhile, Anakin solos.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 10:32 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote