KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Obi Wan & Anakin vs Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma

ROTS Obi Wan & Anakin vs Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma
Started by: deathslash

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChocolateMuesli

so does bane

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 08:49 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Bane's feats contradicts those quotes given he wasn't able to continue draining cultists in DoE despite his "inferiors" like Nihilus and Vitiate being able to do it on a planetary level.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 08:55 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

( Sorry DMB )

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 08:55 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Quotes stating he's above Vitiate do it for me, personally.

Such as? There are two quotes from the TOR encyclopedia that say Vitiate was the most powerful up to his time.

And given the Jedi duo>Valkorion in an all-out fight, that is not enough.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 09:19 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

To clarify, quotes stating Kun > Post Nathema Vitiate.

I don't agree with your assessment that the Jedi duo > Valkorion. I think Obi Wan is less then a fly to him and Anakin is solidly below Vitiate.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 10:50 PM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

To clarify, quotes stating Kun > Post Nathema Vitiate.

I don't agree with your assessment that the Jedi duo > Valkorion. I think Obi Wan is less then a fly to him and Anakin is solidly below Vitiate.

Could you please post the quotes?

And Obi-Wan isn't fodder when Anakin is around. If Valk devotes too much attention to Obi-Wan, Anakin could close the gap. He's gonna have to divide his power between the two, and there, the Jedi team wins in a great fight.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 11:24 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

"Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he ( Exar Kun ) was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the rise of the Empire." - The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 01:23 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by thesithmaster
And Obi-Wan isn't fodder when Anakin is around. If Valk devotes too much attention to Obi-Wan, Anakin could close the gap. He's gonna have to divide his power between the two, and there, the Jedi team wins in a great fight.

I'm not sure if Anakin is a big enough threat to split Valkorion's attention like that. Especially given the latter is prone to powerful AoE attacks.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 01:46 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Anakin's superior to valk yea given he wields yoda/sids raw power(not the same as potential) and is a yoda/sidious level duelist.

That being said,Valk has hax that can allow him to take rounds(telepathy), though the possibility of said hax backfiring ensures Anakin's majority imo

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Bane's feats contradicts those quotes given he wasn't able to continue draining cultists in DoE despite his "inferiors" like Nihilus and Vitiate being able to do it on a planetary level.

pretty sure the reason the quote was dismissed was an authoritative figure said it only applied to canon

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

bane might just be very skilled with force drain, doesn't mean he can't be more powerful. bane's quote stands until evidence stating its invalidity is provided

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 04:28 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

"Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he ( Exar Kun ) was responsible for the deaths of millions four millennia before the rise of the Empire." - The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

I see. However, we have two quotes stating the opposite.

"The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen."

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Codex Entry "The Emperor's Fallen Jedi Knight

"The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld."

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:30 PM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

I'm not sure if Anakin is a big enough threat to split Valkorion's attention like that. Especially given the latter is prone to powerful AoE attacks.

Given how thoroughly Anakin wrecked Dooku, a Maul+ combatant that surpassed every Jedi bar Anakin, Mace and Yoda in skill, yes, he is a big enough threat to divide Valk's attention. Not beat him on his own, but force him to divide his power.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 08:33 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

if valk doesn't take Anakin down with an estoric ability, he gets rekt. Aside from being less powerful, he also is physically outclassed and is a literal non factor martially.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 10:21 PM
UCanShootMyNova

I see. However, we have two quotes stating the opposite.

"The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen."

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Codex Entry "The Emperor's Fallen Jedi Knight

"The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld."

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

They don't give us a time frame for the character in question. That's like quotes stating that Palpatine is the most powerful Darksider ever. We know he did become that at some point, but he certainly wasn't during his apprenticeship to Plagueis. Similarly, while Vitiate may have become the most powerful Force user at some point during his life span, he wasn't at the time Kun is stated to be the most powerful Sith Lord meaning Kun is at a bare minimum above post Nathema Vitiate in power. That's how I view it anyways.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:29 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Given how thoroughly Anakin wrecked Dooku, a Maul+ combatant that surpassed every Jedi bar Anakin, Mace and Yoda in skill, yes, he is a big enough threat to divide Valk's attention. Not beat him on his own, but force him to divide his power.

Maybe he is. But as I said, Valkorion would certainly be capable of unleashing an AoE attack that, while I could but Anakin being able to defend against, I don't Kenobi being able to.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:30 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is still being debated? Obi-Wan is the weak link and Exar is too powerful for either of the two

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:33 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
This is still being debated?

clearly not, you bumped it 4 days without a debate lul

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 05:18 AM
HitTheAssasin
Kappa

Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin bodies Exar and then joins Kenobi in defeating Ulic

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:13 AM
Click here to Send HitTheAssasin a Private Message Find more posts by HitTheAssasin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Is all of ComicVine migrating on here? All we need is that WollfMyth209 ccunt to join us and we'll have the complete set of retards.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 11:48 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote