KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ad Astra

Ad Astra
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

The film's geography takes us on a cross-solar system journey, but the real trajectory is deep into the human experience - finding meaning in life and coming to grips with being left behind.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 10:08 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

This was terrible. Dialogue consisted mostly of Pitts mind. Just boring to me and I was anxious to watch it. What a let down.

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 05:03 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's never a good sign when a realistic-feeling sci-fi set in the solar system has Mars, Jupiter, Saturn etc. all lined up in a neat row as the hero in his spaceship heads outward.

Bland character, bland daddy-issue plot element, irksome science stuff (messages from Mars to Neptune take longer than a couple minutes to send and receive), and several grander themes that never really take shape.

It looks good though. Score was pretty tense.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 05:13 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I cant believe how pointless this movie was.

Really bad end climax.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 05:41 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Ruth Negga's character had the most promise, but they did nothing with her. Donald Sutherland was pointless. Liv Tyler was extra pointless.

Everything that got introduced was left at the introduction. Nothing mattered, there was no emotion.

This movie was Kevin Sorbo-level of disappointed.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 06:35 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Was torn here, did enjoy parts, though a lot of it did seem pointless by the end. Not sure I'll watch this again, even though a second viewing could sort some shit out.

eg ***spoiler ahead*** Pitt's dad was hanging around trying to fix the ship as it was causing damage to the Earth right, then he commits suicide when they're about to fix the problem via self destruct mode. Why not just blow yourself,the ship and the problem up long ago old man.

I also watched this late night and was very tired, so I found my mind wandering too many a time.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Was torn here, did enjoy parts, though a lot of it did seem pointless by the end. Not sure I'll watch this again, even though a second viewing could sort some shit out.

eg ***spoiler ahead*** Pitt's dad was hanging around trying to fix the ship as it was causing damage to the Earth right, then he commits suicide when they're about to fix the problem via self destruct mode. Why not just blow yourself,the ship and the problem up long ago old man.

I also watched this late night and was very tired, so I found my mind wandering too many a time.

Didn't his dad actually find or discover life elsewhere and wanted to share it with his son, who he somehow knew would come? I very well could be way, way off though.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 12:22 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I loved it even with its flaws

The visuals of Neptune are some of the best sci-fi Visuals Of planets I’ve seen since Interstellar.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 12:39 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

^x2

I loved the movie. Not as good as interstellar but it’s a runner up.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 12:40 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I watched this and enjoyed most of it.

I'll admit that I was tired as f#ck and started falling asleep during the end, so I'll have to go back and watch it again more closely, BUT...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rabid space monkey! Are you kidding me?! That was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a movie... possibly largely because it was so unexpected! laughing out loud

I also really liked the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: moon pirate chase sequence! Some nice sequences in this bad boy, but like I said, I'm going to have to watch the ending a little more closely...

I'm a little surprised it got decent reviews with all the voice over they used. I always heard that was a no-no in filmmaking. Some of it even bothered me a little.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2019 02:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
I loved it even with its flaws

The visuals of Neptune are some of the best sci-fi Visuals Of planets I’ve seen since Interstellar.

There was a shot of Jupiter that was stunning.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2019 02:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote