KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Vs Silver Age Mangog

Thanos Vs Silver Age Mangog
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend

There is no loss of power for Mangog. It's just that he isn't treated like HP Doomsday and more like DOS Doomsday by Jurgens.

Thus the distinction. It's the reason people say SA Mangog when they want to limit his showings to "classic".

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 04:56 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson

Thus the distinction. It's the reason people say SA Mangog when they want to limit his showings to "classic".

But he is not depowered and his showings in Thor v2 also contributes to his average.

His SA showings are not that good either. Its a lot of hyperbole and beating a weakened Odin.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 05:01 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I didn't start the trend. -shrug-

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 05:03 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

It's just to maintain the illusion of Mangog be some kind of ultimate brick or something.

Oh and Odin losing to Mangog be less embarrassing.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 06:57 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

okay Abhi lol.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 07:42 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson
okay Abhi lol.

Mangog and Galactus are two most overrated characters on battle boards.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 10:54 AM
Horrificus

Mangog wins. All the recent activity pushed me to reread his appearances. I'm more sure now, than I was before.
Abhi, u need to get the books.

Last edited by Horrificus on Jul 7th, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 11:24 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thanos still wins

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 11:58 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos still wins
What are some viable tactics Thanos could use to win?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 12:56 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by h1a8
What are some viable tactics Thanos could use to win?
various way, which you would know if you wasn't a blatant troll.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 02:33 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Ok. The point that Odin had faced Mangog before Mangog's first comic book appearance, had been alluded to throughout his Asgardian appearances. Especially, by Odin.

The fact that Odin sh*ts his armor every time he even discusses Mangog, is specifically written that way, to drive home the fact that Mangog is above him.

The fact that Odin makes statements depicting the hopelessness of fighting Mangog, his own lack of anything even resembling a hope of defeating Mangog and the actual fear Odin expresses points to the fact that he had-

1. Faced Mangog's original race, resulting in an unwinable confrontation, in which he felt that Asgard would fall against them, unless he too drastic action. Creating Mangog in the process.

2. Then, faced Mangog himself in the distant past. This meeting is obviously the source of Odin's terror. It can b guessed that, since the Mangog's race came from "real space", Odin may have been a bit more "liberal" with the use of his power and attacks. The reason we don't see Odin using his Serious Punches, is because he already used them on Mangog, to no effect. Unless somebody can come up with a scenario where Odin goes easy on him for some reason.

3. We know that Mangog's race had conquered 1,000 galaxies. We know that Odin felt that Asgard had no chance against them. So, we r talking about a billion billion beings that are either equal to the asgardians, or well above them in terms of power and technology. When u think about it that way, then combine all of them into one entity, it makes it easier to imagine how Mangog could b placed even above "skyfather" level.

4. Odin had the power to reach out to 1,000 galaxies and launch his attack upon "a billion billion beings". A billion billion "godlike" beings. This was not his first choice. This was his final option. Obviously, direct combat had failed. So, Odin lashes out across 1,000 galaxies.

5. Then, Mangog lives. The final battle begins and ends. The only option Odin has, is to trap Mangog beneath asgard.

And that only covers the backstory before his first comic book appearance. He's not just a "big monster".

Classic Mangog was the Sum of a Billion Billion beings, quite probably more powerful than Asgardians, WITH Odin.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 02:43 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

various way, which you would know if you wasn't a blatant troll.

Well educate me. What are some ways or one way?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 11:48 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

you are not worth the time or effort. As always you lowball and downplay Thanos. Hell you say Thanos constantly beating Surfer is a low showing for Surfer.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 07:54 AM
h1a8

you are not worth the time or effort. As always you lowball and downplay Thanos. Hell you say Thanos constantly beating Surfer is a low showing for Surfer.
I'm not going to lowball. If it is valid then I'll go with it. I like Thanos more than Mangog anyway and prefer him to win. I just don't see how.

I don't think Surfer can affect Thanos with blasts or punches. But he can damage him with black holes and hitting him with the board. Surfer, under character, will not be using black holes to beat Thanos though. The board from behind is only done if Surfer gets knocked off his board. So it would be very hard for Surfer to beat Thanos.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 8th, 2017 at 01:07 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 01:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does Mangog have any defense against psionic attacks? What about transmutation?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 07:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I'm not going to lowball. If it is valid then I'll go with it. I like Thanos more than Mangog anyway and prefer him to win. I just don't see how.

I don't think Surfer can affect Thanos with blasts or punches. But he can damage him with black holes and hitting him with the board. Surfer, under character, will not be using black holes to beat Thanos though. The board from behind is only done if Surfer gets knocked off his board. So it would be very hard for Surfer to beat Thanos.
stop talking shit and lying as the first part of your post is a bold faced lie.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 08:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surfer has fought inside black holes, why would a black hole damage Thanos? The durability of Thanos>>>>>>Surfer.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 08:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thanos can survive black holes... because he has:
http://i.imgur.com/RNQnQHP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T2bPeCv.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 8th, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 10:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Galan007
Thanos can survive black holes... because he has:
http://i.imgur.com/RNQnQHP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T2bPeCv.jpg
to keep things honest, I have to agree.
(please log in to view the image)

Thanos was obviously able to experience existence in many dimensions with different laws of nature, without any protection and suffered no permanent ill effects.

Last edited by Horrificus on Jul 9th, 2017 at 04:06 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 03:59 AM
Horrificus

I still think Mangog wins.

Mangog>Odin>Thanos

As far as Ive seen, Mangog has never shown any sign of injury.
Even when Thor God-Blasted Mangog down his throat, besides a cloud of smoke, no clear view of Mangog was shown. No actual damage was shown, and the scene ended up as bfr as Mangog fell away and Thor immediately left the scene.

Keeping the referrences as close to home as possible, the battle between Thanos and Odin left Thanos completely wrecked.

Last edited by Horrificus on Jul 9th, 2017 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 04:11 AM