KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Sentry

Superman vs Sentry
Started by: panthergod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Facee
Lord of Pretty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enzeru
Here is my problem with that approach:

Remember that one time in the early Action Comics, where Superman got bloodied up after stopping a train? Or the one time in early Superman comics, where Superman said his arms started getting tired after carrying a truck with a couple of thugs inside?

"But Enzeru, that were the early Superman years, where he still didn't have much exposure to the Sun and was just obtaining his amazing powers!"

Why aren't you treating the Sentry the same way then?

Yeah, the Sentry got flash KOed by Blue Marvel. But chronologically that happened before the Sentry had discovered the true origin of his powers:
Once the Sentry had realized what was going on with him, he stood back up with a hole in his head (http://i.imgur.com/dhSEiaV.jpg).
The Sentry got ripped apart into multiple pieces, but reformed immediately after (http://i.imgur.com/uq8L34J.jpg).
The Sentry continued fighting and killing gods after his head got cut off (http://i.imgur.com/IqnQNaS.jpg).
The Sentry ripped his own head apart and was still performing actions (http://i.imgur.com/xjp1rwe.jpg).
After getting his brain smashed in, he immediately stood back up and regenerated back (http://i.imgur.com/RgDEIHd.jpg).

We always go with the most recent version of a character. And even if you count Death Seed Sentry... post Dark Avengers / Siege Sentry was still resisting all forms of physical harm.
You can not KO someone, who gets his head cut off clean and continues to fight. That's just not how it works.

That last scan. Would that blow have ripped Superman's brain out or is Sentry lower in durability than Superman?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:27 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lobo isn't an immortal reality warper, who can teleport, resurrect the dead, send his tendrils of darkness into an age before Christ and destroy gods on a molecular level.

Fortunately neither is Sentry.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:30 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

The amount of lowballing coming from Abhi is just hysterically hilarious. laughing

You can't handle your precious Superman being inferior to anyone, don't you ? laughing

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:39 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:40 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

@Reality
What I don't understand is why you so desperately want Sentry to be some Multiversal perversion of his true self.

What makes Sentry interesting and awesome is his personality, his fight against himself. If he is between HH and mid Trans or high Trans in power because of his phobias it gives him more depth and makes it far more realistic and believeable than if he was some Molecul Man 2.0.

Thor is a HH who dips into the trans range from time to time and only on the most rarest occasions higher. Same is true for Hulk or Superman. If they woul always be in this tier it would be boring and unrealistic if they struggle, even if you try to excuse it with holding back and going all out. For Sentry this works with phobias but on an Universal or Skyfather scale this would be just stupid and would contradict everything we saw in comics.

So be happy that he is "just" HH to trans, seriously.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:45 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
What I don't understand is why you so desperately want Sentry to be some Multiversal perversion of his true self.

If your post is addressed to me, you must understand that I don't want anything coming from a fictional character.

I investigate to understand how the character works, what the writer intents are and once I have understand everything I can, I stick with the information that I have.

If new informations comes (relatable because coming from official sources), I change my point of view accordingly to the new informations.

I know that many people hate what I say about Sentry but everything is the closest possible to Marvel's intent.

quote:
What makes Sentry interesting and awesome is his personality, his fight against himself.

I can agree on that.

quote:
If he is between HH and mid Trans or high Trans in power because of his phobias it gives him more depth and makes it far more realistic and believeable than if he was some Molecul Man 2.0.

Prof, Sentry is a fictional character in a fictional world. His abilities are what the writers intend him to have, if he is a Molecule Man 2.0 I am fine with that if the stories continues to entertain me.

quote:
Thor is a HH who dips into the trans range from time to time and only on the most rarest occasions higher. Same is true for Hulk or Superman. If they woul always be in this tier it would be boring and unrealistic if they struggle, even if you try to excuse it with holding back and going all out.

That's one way to see it.

quote:
For Sentry this works with phobias but on an Universal or Skyfather scale this would be just stupid and would contradict everything we saw in comics.

Not really.

Everything make sense once you got all the informations to have the full scope of the character and that's what makes this twisted God interesting.

quote:
So be happy that he is "just" HH to trans, seriously.

Writers don't really classify the characters the way people do on battle forums if they do that at all.

I'm glad that Sentry can change his gender whenever he wants it.

He is a shape-shifter after all.

Thanks for sharing your point of view Prof.

Cheers.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:51 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Please, these are parlor tricks and has been done by Green Lanterns for decades.

If your reality warping amounts to a statement, you might as well give up right now.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 07:09 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Superman hv for the forum win.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 07:13 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Shitty argument.

Sentry can't be koed anymore.

No limits fallacy.

He's been kod and killed. By less powerful beings. Cry about it.

Punching hv and super vibrations ftw 7/10.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 07:46 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Facee
That last scan. Would that blow have ripped Superman's brain out or is Sentry lower in durability than Superman?

He's nowhere near a weakened Superman in raw force durability.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 07:48 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 07:58 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know that. And that's also something I've been arguing for.

The last time we saw Molecule Man before he fought the Sentry, he was in the Raft. A prison for regular people. A bio had stated, that SHIELD managed to capture him, while he was in a weird mental state and his power level was manageable.

So a crazy mental state clearly makes Molecule Man weaker and in Dark Avengers he was talking to illusions. Molecule Man was clearly crazy and hence weaker, than we would expect him to be.

I've never ever argued, that it was the multiversal or hell even an universal version of the character.
What I've always argued for however, is that he was AT LEAST... AT THE VERY LEAST a mid to high trans level character. Anything below that isn't going to do to the Sentry what Molecule Man was able to do:

Ripping the Sentry apart on a physical and on a molecular level. It takes insane amounts of power to achieve that, since we're talking about a guy, who while depowered took attacks from World War Hulk. And asked for more. Sentry tanked Thors strongest attacks. Planet busting attacks from Genis-Vell. Sentry fought Void in 1v1s - the same creature, that broke all the bones in Hulks body without even trying.

You simply don't rip someone like that apart, if you're a town level molecule manipulator. You just don't.

What is World War Hulk in your opinion? Higher than a low trans character? Lower actually?

No matter how you look at it, I don't think it's crazy to say, that Hulk is a high herald in the strength and durability (healing factor) depoartment. He might be a mid herald due to his lack of versatility, but nothing lower. And in World War Hulk his strength and durability got amped so much further than ever before.
World War Hulk was at least a low trans character.

And then you had the Sentry punching it out with that guy. And I've went out of my way to explain that the Sentry we saw there was the weakest Sentry we had ever seen.
And that guy went toe on toe with the Hulk for multiple pages, until both burnt themselves out. That depowered Sentry made the Hulk use all of his energy to inflict damage on the Sentry, or healing factor to keep healing all the damage he was receiving... Whatever. Hulk and Sentry both used everything and reverted back.

And Sentry just went up from there power level wise.
I personally argue that Sentry is the most powerful trans level character in comics. Not on the level of Skyfathers like Odin, but high heralds like Thor aren't an issue for him. And with his X-factor of him being a wild card, I'm never surprised, when he comes up with even more ridiculous showings... like for example him defeating the Molecule Man. Or him supposedly fighting Galactus to a standstill. Or him outperforming the combined powers of over 100 heroes, that were amped with Hulks gamma radiation.

Marvel has called the Sentry the most powerful superhero in the Marvel universe. So have a couple of Marvel characters. Why shouldn't I do the same ?_?

Are those showings supposed to be superior to what superman has done?
Lol at wwhh Sentry being his weakest.. He specifically said the opposite. He was cutting loose.

Superman beats Galactus level Skyfather on panel. Like Darkseid.

Sentry gets torn apart and atomized.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:01 PM
Enzeru

Originally posted by abhilegend

Please, these are parlor tricks and has been done by Green Lanterns for decades.

If your reality warping amounts to a statement, you might as well give up right now.

You haven't really provided anything, which debunks my statements. And youu haven't brought anything new to the table, which makes me think that Superman stands a chance. In the end of the day Supermans offensive options are punching hard and shooting laser beams out of his eyes. And none of those options are enough to stop the Sentry.

But more in the response to this guy:

Originally posted by panthergod

He's been kod and killed. By less powerful beings. Cry about it.

Superman has been brought to the brink of death after tanking a nuke:
http://i.imgur.com/h4c9uRg.jpg

Sentry on the other hand has tanked planet busting attacks with absolutely no damage:
http://i.imgur.com/oyeb1MA.jpg

"But Enzeru, you haven't mentioned how Superman didn't have as much solar energy in his cells at that time! And you also haven't mentioned, that he got a beat down by two Kryptonians before tanking the nuke! So a weakened Superman still survived a nuclear explosion."

That's not the point I was trying to make. My point is, that some debaters here are too easy to point out how great Superman is in these instances... While giving the Sentry the same benefit. Some posters here are too quick to make fun of the Sentry getting some sense punched into him by the Helicarrier explosion, while completely ignoring the fact, that he got attacked and weakened by a legion of empowered heroes.

Anyway, the Sentry has dished out planet busting energy, while still holding back.

Superman on the other hand released all of the solar energy stored in his body in a supernova - which affected quarter of a mile and left him drained and vulnerable:
http://i.imgur.com/y9Fc6ND.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/54rPD8n.png
http://i.imgur.com/h5V5t0Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lZP7fQA.jpg

And there is not even additional context to that. Supermans heat energy destroyed a quarter mile radius, when he gave it his very all. Sentry destroyed planets, while holding back.

To think that Supermans heat vision is going to bother the Sentry... I don't know what to tell you.

And anything regarding punching and vibrating... I mean, a depowered Sentry was willingly tanking punches from World War Hulk and asking for more.
I have my doubts, that Superman can inflict more damage than World War Hulk with mere punches alone.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:03 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

No limits fallacy.

"no limit fallacy" doesn't exist.

It's a term made-up by fanboys to hide a lack of arguments or counter-arguments.

Sentry doesn't need his body to live.

quote:
He's been kod and killed. By less powerful beings

Since the Death Seed he is aware that he doesn't need his body.

Destroying his brain did nothing.

Destroying his body did nothing.

quote:
Cry about it.

I am stating fact.

you are the one crying.

quote:

All are useless.

The fact that you want to ignore Sentry's abilities doesn't matter.

Sentry stomps 10/10.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:10 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

You haven't really provided anything, which debunks my statements. And youu haven't brought anything new to the table, which makes me think that Superman stands a chance. In the end of the day Supermans offensive options are punching hard and shooting laser beams out of his eyes. And none of those options are enough to stop the Sentry.

But more in the response to this guy:

Superman has been brought to the brink of death after tanking a nuke:
http://i.imgur.com/h4c9uRg.jpg

Sentry on the other hand has tanked planet busting attacks with absolutely no damage:
http://i.imgur.com/oyeb1MA.jpg

"But Enzeru, you haven't mentioned how Superman didn't have as much solar energy in his cells at that time! And you also haven't mentioned, that he got a beat down by two Kryptonians before tanking the nuke! So a weakened Superman still survived a nuclear explosion."

That's not the point I was trying to make. My point is, that some debaters here are too easy to point out how great Superman is in these instances... While giving the Sentry the same benefit. Some posters here are too quick to make fun of the Sentry getting some sense punched into him by the Helicarrier explosion, while completely ignoring the fact, that he got attacked and weakened by a legion of empowered heroes.

Anyway, the Sentry has dished out planet busting energy, while still holding back.

Superman on the other hand released all of the solar energy stored in his body in a supernova - which affected quarter of a mile and left him drained and vulnerable:
http://i.imgur.com/y9Fc6ND.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/54rPD8n.png
http://i.imgur.com/h5V5t0Z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lZP7fQA.jpg

And there is not even additional context to that. Supermans heat energy destroyed a quarter mile radius, when he gave it his very all. Sentry destroyed planets, while holding back.

To think that Supermans heat vision is going to bother the Sentry... I don't know what to tell you.

And anything regarding punching and vibrating... I mean, a depowered Sentry was willingly tanking punches from World War Hulk and asking for more.
I have my doubts, that Superman can inflict more damage than World War Hulk with mere punches alone.

You done deflecting? Sentry was thumped by the Human Torch. Hercules chumped him. There goes those deflections.

Superman while weakened is superior to the entire JLA including Hand of Krona GL Hal. HoK>Sentry.

HV effects a sub atomic and dimensional level. Super vibration destroy Multiveral energy beings.

Superman withstands easily Galactus+level power.

Cry more.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:15 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
"no limit fallacy" doesn't exist.

It's a term made-up by fanboys to hide a lack of arguments or counter-arguments.

Sentry doesn't need his body to live.

Since the Death Seed he is aware that he doesn't need his body.

Destroying his brain did nothing.

Destroying his body did nothing.

I am stating fact.

you are the one crying.

All are useless.

The fact that you want to ignore Sentry's abilities doesn't matter.

Sentry stomps 10/10.

So you have no proof. Sentry gets kod and destroyed. Period.

He needs his body to win. Superman destroys him on a dimensional level. Concession accepted.

Sentry s abilities are eclipsed by his superior Superman. Continue to cry.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:19 PM
Enzeru

You done deflecting?

Let's see:

Sentry was thumped by the Human Torch. Hercules chumped him. There goes those deflections.

You start off by naming Sentrys lowest jobber showings, which go up against everything serious he has accomplished and performed in the comics...

Superman while weakened is superior to the entire JLA including Hand of Krona GL Hal. HoK>Sentry.

... while for Superman you look for the absolutely highest showing you can come up with.

"I am pretty sure that in a fight between Spider-Man and Wolverine... Spider-Man would win, because he beat Firelord, a herald of Galactus, while Wolverine got knocked out by a deer."

HV effects a sub atomic and dimensional level. Super vibration destroy Multiveral energy beings.

Then you forge a strategy, where Superman gets free shots on the non-interactive punching bag that is the Sentry.
And you completely ignore f.E. Sentrys empathy abilities, which allow him to dismantle and paralyse opponents immediately - something, that would prevent Superman from starting his own offense.

Cry more.

And then you tell me to pretty much **** myself.

Yeah, I think I'm done. It's kinda obvious, who you want to win and that you don't care about much else.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:25 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

That's not what happened ragey boy.

He only updated his role. There is literally nothing else changed.

Seriously?

Yes it is. Bendis confirmed that Reynolds only died because he wanted to stay dead.

He completely revamped Molecule Man and turned him into a Universal anchor. But that doesn't matter, because 616 Owen Reece was still a suppository and control mechanism for Infinte Power so Hickman didn't downgrade him or whatever nonsense you're arguing.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:32 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Morgana only said that. Sentry wasn't killed in the past. If that happened Morgana would only create an alternate timeline.

Quick, blame Owen for that too.

(please log in to view the image)

Sentry destroys Morgana easily. He blows up randomly and she says kill me again and I'll erase you from the time line.

Learn to read slumdog millionaire.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:35 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's see:

You start off by naming Sentrys lowest jobber showings, which go up against everything serious he has accomplished and performed in the comics...

... while for Superman you look for the absolutely highest showing you can come up with.

Then you forge a strategy, where Superman gets free shots on the non-interactive punching bag that is the Sentry.
And you completely ignore f.E. Sentrys empathy abilities, which allow him to dismantle and paralyse opponents immediately - something, that would prevent Superman from starting his own offense.

And then you tell me to pretty much **** myself.

Yeah, I think I'm done. It's kinda obvious, who you want to win and that you don't care about much else.

Your transparent low balling nonsense is neutralized by Sentry s pathetic performance. In combat. keep whining. Relative combat showings trump area of effect or collateral damage comparisons.

Superman IS far faster and more skilled, yes. He can conceivably attack and avoid Sentry at will, not that Sentry can overcome his invulnerability or stamina. Problem?

Wait.. You're arguing that Sentry can defeat Superman in a contest of Willpower? Countered by Torquasm Vo. Brainiac. Despero. Nope.

I think the more formidable opponent has the advantage. Feel free to complain about your weak reasoning.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 08:37 PM