KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Bolt Vs Martian Manhunter

Black Bolt Vs Martian Manhunter
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Black Bolt Vs Martian Manhunter

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:06 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can BB's scream work on intangible beings? If not, what are his mental defenses like? I know his bro has telepathy, so I imagine he has at least some.

If the scream can hit intangibles then I would think this is over pretty quickly.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Close.

Black Bolt might be momentarily able to resist J'onn and say something, but J'onn should be able to phase out of it. J'onn's physicality/shapeshifting would probably edge out BB/energy powers.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 08:14 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

That picture of J'onn is cool

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 09:32 AM
hutchy1345 is currently offline Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

MMs phasing is simply density shiftimg right? Couldnt BB use his matter manip to unphase him? I dont recall a high success ratio with Jonns phasing

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 11:41 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
MMs phasing is simply density shiftimg right? Couldnt BB use his matter manip to unphase him? I dont recall a high success ratio with Jonns phasing
It depends on the writer, but it has been portrayed as needing a multi-dimensional blade in order to harm him:
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...hbmUuanBn/?ref=

At the same time, Flash has been able to use the speed force to un-phase him but then again, that's Flash.
J'onn has total molecular control over his body, so I doubt that BB'd be able to do it. And even if he could, there's no proof that he can do that and simultaneously release his voice.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 11:53 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Not sure if Bolt could pull a Mar-Vell move. Would have to do some research on it.

https://ibb.co/fADxcQ

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 12:51 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Philosophía
It depends on the writer, but it has been portrayed as needing a multi-dimensional blade in order to harm him:
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...hbmUuanBn/?ref=

At the same time, Flash has been able to use the speed force to un-phase him but then again, that's Flash.
J'onn has total molecular control over his body, so I doubt that BB'd be able to do it. And even if he could, there's no proof that he can do that and simultaneously release his voice.

I canr see your link but ill take your word for it.

I do remember the flash incident but iirc wasnt he not himself? I always thought of jonns phasing as a conscious thing like he had to will it. And if he got distracted it might not work. Also wasnt his phasing affected by someone controlling the environment, like he tried going thru a wall and got stuck? Mightve been Miss Martian im thinking of or some other medium

I disagree on the voice point u made. It shouldnt be hard for him to speak while doing some secondary task

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 12:59 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I canr see your link but ill take your word for it.

I do remember the flash incident but iirc wasnt he not himself? I always thought of jonns phasing as a conscious thing like he had to will it. And if he got distracted it might not work. Also wasnt his phasing affected by someone controlling the environment, like he tried going thru a wall and got stuck? Mightve been Miss Martian im thinking of or some other medium

I disagree on the voice point u made. It shouldnt be hard for him to speak while doing some secondary task
The Flash instance is here:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...tangibility.jpg

J'onn's phasing is sometimes inconsistent [which suits his character, since he is, too]. Jobbing translates to all his abilities, really - one moment he force the JLA + Spectre out of their own body, the next he struggles with random shit. But on average, I'd think that it would work.

You can disagree, doesn't mean you have proof of the contrary. When releasing his scream, he has always been fully focused on it. And he's up against somebody who has full control over his molecular structure. And if you want to get into the details of it, the voice acts as a sonic attack that can be [and has been ] outran. J'onn is more than fast enough to do it, if he chooses to not simply phase.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 01:25 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

The Flash instance is here:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...tangibility.jpg

J'onn's phasing is sometimes inconsistent [which suits his character, since he is, too]. Jobbing translates to all his abilities, really - one moment he force the JLA + Spectre out of their own body, the next he struggles with random shit. But on average, I'd think that it would work.

You can disagree, doesn't mean you have proof of the contrary. When releasing his scream, he has always been fully focused on it. And he's up against somebody who has full control over his molecular structure. And if you want to get into the details of it, the voice acts as a sonic attack that can be [and has been ] outran. J'onn is more than fast enough to do it, if he chooses to not simply phase.

Two things..if he has "full control over his molecular structure" wouldnt it mean he shouldve beaten Flash in the scan you posted?

And BBs scream isnt merely sonic it affects electons as well which even Flash (who has a better record of phasing) cant escape. Thats y even in space he is still powerful. He may become intangible but there are still elements of matter present.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 01:50 PM
Philosophía

Two things..if he has "full control over his molecular structure" wouldnt it mean he shouldve beaten Flash in the scan you posted?

And BBs scream isnt merely sonic it affects electons as well which even Flash (who has a better record of phasing) cant escape. Thats y even in space he is still powerful. He may become intangible but there are still elements of matter present.
Flash is just that powerful. The dude has stolen the kinetic energy of the entire planet, and stopped Amazo in his tracks.

Maybe. We haven't seen it work on intangible beings, it might. That's why I said it's close in my initial post.

I think most of the time J'onn would phase through it and his telepathy would work. And in a 'cbr' like fighting, J'onn would outrace the scream and punch his lights out.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:04 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Flash is just that powerful. The dude has stolen the kinetic energy of the entire planet, and stopped Amazo in his tracks.

Maybe. We haven't seen it work on intangible beings, it might. That's why I said it's close in my initial post.

I think most of the time J'onn would phase through it and his telepathy would work. And in a 'cbr' like fighting, J'onn would outrace the scream and punch his lights out.

Just trying to understand your argument. MM has complete control but then again he doesnt. And if his powers are simply a density shift and hes technically still there why WOULDNT BB affect him? Especially given that "sound" isnt matter and his voice also affects electrons.

It wouldnt matter to me if either won. But considering how BB goes above his weight class and MM struggles below its pretty fair to call it a toss up.

Im just curious if theres a better argument that mindrape/intangibility one which hes pretty adept against and the other which os questionable

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:26 PM
Philosophía

Just trying to understand your argument. MM has complete control but then again he doesnt.
MM has complete control, but Flash can simply overpower him, when he has overpowered Amazo and stolen the KE of the entire planet. If you think Black Bolt has shown the raw power that Flash has in his control, you're surely mistaken.

You know, kind of like Luke Cage has super-strength, but him losing against Hulk wouldn't mean that he suddenly doesn't have super strength?

Yeah, like that.

And if his powers are simply a density shift and hes technically still there why WOULDNT BB affect him? Especially given that "sound" isnt matter and his voice also affects electrons.
His powers aren't a simple density shift. J'onn has phased through heat vision, which explicitly works at an atomic level. Unless you have scans of his voice working on intangible beings, 'working on electrons' is not good enough.

Im just curious if theres a better argument that mindrape/intangibility one which hes pretty adept against and the other which os questionable
Black Bolt has nothing to defend against J'onn mindrapping him, if we go full capacity. I was being generous here - J'onn has wiped the floor with people that have mental defenses that make Black Bolt's look like a wet tissue.

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 02:38 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:33 PM
DarkSaint85

Preus has also phucked MM up with his HV

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Preus has also phucked MM up with his HV
thumb up

And yet, he phased through Superboy Prime's.

Like I said - inconsistency is in his genes.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:42 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Telepathy won't work.

https://ibb.co/dadaxQ

Supreme Intelligence has tried as well with no luck.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:01 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Maximus has mindraped Bolt quite easily.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:10 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by abhilegend

Like this one?

https://ibb.co/cGHJHQ

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 06:15 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That's not resisting his telepathy.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 06:17 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by abhilegend

And it has failed.

MM has complete control, but Flash can simply overpower him, when he has overpowered Amazo and stolen the KE of the entire planet. If you think Black Bolt has shown the raw power that Flash has in his control, you're surely mistaken.

You know, kind of like Luke Cage has super-strength, but him losing against Hulk wouldn't mean that he suddenly doesn't have super strength?

Yeah, like that.

His powers aren't a simple density shift. J'onn has phased through heat vision, which explicitly works at an atomic level. Unless you have scans of his voice working on intangible beings, 'working on electrons' is not good enough.

Black Bolt has nothing to defend against J'onn mindrapping him, if we go full capacity. I was being generous here - J'onn has wiped the floor with people that have mental defenses that make Black Bolt's look like a wet tissue.

So basically youre using Jonns best feats ever whilst simultaneously admitting hes an avid jobber and his go to tactic isnt infallible?

You also mentioned his powers arent "simply density shift". Then what is it? I recall seeing somewhere that his phasing is dimensional but i dont have on panel evidence.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 06:33 PM