They say there were generators for the air conditioning, yet the temperature was above 100 degrees.
The news asking "how could this happen" is laughable.. Anyone who's ever been to a nursing home knows the kind of staff they employ.. I could tell some horror stories about my grandmothet (Since passed away) or grandfather ("My fingers are numb, could you take the cover off this steaming hot coffee so I can sip it over my very unprotected crotch..?" Even Forest Gump could see why this is a bad idea...)