KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Orville

The Orville
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Another A-Lister appearance as well, and not just a cameo like Liam Neeson got last week. Guess Seth is using his influence to get some big names in.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:39 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Really fun episode.
Loved the pranks. The main story was well done. I liked Charline Theron's character, and the premise she represented.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

loving this show so far, the last to eps were really good. i am watching this show instead of stark trek discovery, phuck star trek discovery and jj abrams, this show does star trek way better. this feels like TNG to me

and phuck the critics as well, the fans love this show because it's really good

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 10:09 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

i have been reading that Patrick Stewart is supposed to have a cameo thumb up really liked Jonathan Frakes directing, i hope he'll direct more eps and want to see him on camera as well thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 10:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Episode 4 was pretty good, I thought.

have you seen ep 5 yet and what did you think of it? i thought it was the best ep so far looking forward to next week, ep 3 was the weakest and slowest imo

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sorry I meant 5. I got the numbering wrong. Yeah, it was great.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 12:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Gotcha"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 02:51 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

ok show. needs better comedy writers

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 03:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by The Nuul
loving this show so far, the last to eps were really good. i am watching this show instead of stark trek discovery, phuck star trek discovery and jj abrams, this show does star trek way better. this feels like TNG to me

and phuck the critics as well, the fans love this show because it's really good

Yeah, I notice critic ratings for this show is in the toilet, but fan/audience approval has been much more favourable, at least in general.

It's why I am losing more and more faith in critic's reviews nowadays. I feel like a lot of them have jumped on the social justice warrior bandwagon, so any shows that tick all the right diversity boxes get lauded as something amazing, even when they aren't that great. And then solid shows who don't necessarily go full SJW get much poorer reviews.

Great example is Iron Fist and Luke Cage. One got 17% on RT, the other 96%. And while I liked Luke Cage more than Iron Fist, the difference in quality is not even remotely so big as to warrant a 79% difference.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 03:30 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

yeah this show has a critics rating of 20% and 90% fan/audience on RT

and STD gets 87% from critics and 60% from fans/audience

clearly RT and and critics don't know shit all about what is a good show, RT also scored high for "it follows", this was the worst movie i have ever seen

i couldnt get into luke cage, i have no interest in iron fist, punisher looks badass though

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 09:39 PM
Squirrel Fart

this looks like another great ep

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 09:42 PM
Squirrel Fart

the opening from orville is a lot like voyager, i think this show is a mix of tng and voyager, i love it though

is it me or does the krill look a lot like the jem'hadar? i hope the krill become the shows main bad guys

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 09:57 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Seth got the time travel bit from The Ray, then props to him and appologies for ragging on him for years.

Anyone who likes Chrstopher Priest's run on Ray Terrill can't be all bad.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

this looks like another great ep

It was.

I like how the conflict with the Krill is being painted in black & white.Aside from the rampant one liners this could have been an ep. of the original series.
A Kelly Hu cameo, Michaela McManus as an oddly hot Krill Female, a nod to Matter Eater Lad...good stuff all around.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 01:00 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

the opening from orville is a lot like voyager, i think this show is a mix of tng and voyager, i love it though

is it me or does the krill look a lot like the jem'hadar? i hope the krill become the shows main bad guys

They look a bit like the Jem'Hadar and they also sort of remind me of Cardassians, more in attitude than physical appearance.

They do seem to be a standing threat/foe, though the capture of the female and the return of the children makes me wonder if that will open a doorway for a possible truce in future episodes.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 04:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Plus they surely managed to get an actual copy of the Ankana off the vessel.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 09:52 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finally got around to watching the first episode of this and was surprised at how much I liked it. Some of it I actually found amusing and it's almost a legitimately believable, fun sci-fi universe. With some more world building I could see it really working.

(When it first aired I tuned in just during the scene when he was bickering with his ex-wife while talking to the Krill guy and I thought it was stupid, but it was just a bad part to jump in at because it worked fine in the context of the episode)

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Oct 29th, 2017 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 01:06 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Finally got around to watching the first episode of this and was surprised at how much I liked it. Some of it I actually found amusing and it's almost a legitimately believable, fun sci-fi universe. With some more world building I could see it really working.

(When it first aired I tuned in just during the scene when he was bickering with his ex-wife while talking to the Krill guy and I thought it was stupid, but it was just a bad part to jump in at because it worked fine in the context of the episode)

Its good you gave it a chance, despite that.

I really was expecting this to be pretty shitty, as FG has gone so far downhill its almost unwatchable.
I can say its ine of my favorite new shows though.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:29 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The fuck is FG?

2 episodes down and still really like it. What's his name laying his egg.. laughing out loud Haha, this show is great.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 01:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Starting to think Seth has a bunch up pent of issues about his own party, and some of it is fueling a few plots.

Like "Here's why true democracy is TERRIBLE idea".

Key is "fuel" a storyline. He hasn't soapboxed at all, unless you count the Jersey Shore/trash entertainment rant.. smile

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 02:25 PM