KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » NFL likely Concerned with TV Ratings Decline

NFL likely Concerned with TV Ratings Decline
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
Pittsburgh Steelers decided to not even show up for the national anthem. What a disgrace, only one person from the team showed up, a veteran.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/201...national-anthem

Actually that might be what I heard about, I had heard it on the radio that some team had done that, but I tuned in after they had already mentioned the team so I didn't know which one. But the rationale was that they did it because they didn't want to give anyone any chance to be offended. In other words didn't want to give the players the choice of kneeling or not.

What is there even to kneel over? There are more deaths at the hands of police for the black community because they commit more violent crime.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

They didn't even kneel, they didn't even show up. I guess these players are oppressed. I didn't see the Patriots or the Cowboys playing politics.

Even funnier, the Steelers could lose their first game to the Bears now.

The ravens are down 44 as well. Obama 44 karma.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 24th, 2017 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:55 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Bunch of multi-millionaire spoiled brats showing flat out disrespect.

Not surprised to be honest. These are guys who won the genetic/athletic lottery and have been treated like gods their entire lives, so they think they really are.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:09 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:17 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Epic failure.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Steelers undefeated lost today on the day they decided to not show up for the national anthemlaughing out loud

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:24 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:25 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Steelers undefeated lost today on the day they decided to not show up for the national anthemlaughing out loud
I'm sure they are going to blame Trump for this lost somehow.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:39 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The only way to protest the teams pulling this crap is to stop giving the NFL Money. And that seems to slowly be happening. But sadly people will always put something like Sports above things like Patriotism in this Modern World.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I just don't see how you can say it has nothing to do with the flag when you choose the time it is displayed to protest. lol You can literally pick any other time to protest your perception of racism, and that is the time you choose. There are post game interviews, mid week interviews. Hell, you can bring it up on any guest appearance. They have thousands, if not millions, of social media followers so why pick that time?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 04:12 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love how they are too dumb to not be manipulated. Trump made comments and now more people than ever are kneeling and protesting. Except...now it's just an anti-Trump thing lol. The original purpose has been lost. It's not about police brutality, just about giving Trump the middle finger.

Hilarious. Best part is they are too thick in the head to see it.

But at least one guy from the Steelers didn't act like a pussy. He stood for it. Why? Cuz he actually served.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:23 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is ridiculous

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:40 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is ridiculous

There were some very dark racial undertones in what you just posted.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:50 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sportscasters are saying the President needs to keep politics out of football, but they can bring politics into football and thats ok.

I didn't know standing for the national anthem was bringing politics into football. I do know kneeling for fake causes is.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you think they will ever take a knee over all the black on black crime?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:59 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

The knee started over the hands up don't shoot thing I believe, which turned out to be a false narrative. It morphed into taking a knee. People still believe Michael Brown had his hands up, he didn't.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

500 murders so far this year in Chicago.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:02 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

How long has that city and state been under democrats control?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For many decades. The black community here is thriving. Well, the funeral homes in these communities are thriving anyways.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:09 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Here's a reasonable article that's the what's, why's, etc. of the protests. It's lighter on spin than most articles on the topic, though not devoid of it. But I do think it disambiguates some misconceptions and lays out various common criticisms in recent events:
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-protes...-191623412.html

I tend to always side on supporting peaceful protest, regardless of my level of agreement for/against the cause. You can get pretty far into the weeds on the issues themselves without clear, obvious answers. But the right to protest peacefully should always be respected.

Support for the players' protests is fairly low right now. But then, historical protests that are now viewed favorably were similarly unfavorable at the time in public opinion, such as the 1993 gay rights marches that many claim started that modern movement, as well as surprisingly low approval for revered figures like MLK during the civil rights movement, whose reputation in the public sphere has grown with age.

My other big issue is an unwillingness to listen Everyone's talking. But if there are protests, right or wrong, there are intelligent people behind them. I'm quite removed from racial discrimination in my life. So mostly, I just listen to those who aren't.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:20 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote