KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS

Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathslash
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Vulkan
Healing factor that puts Deadpool to shame in conjunction with the strength to lift mountains (without even factoring in his weapons).

Anyway, I'm going with Sidious now.

The problem is that he isn't a comic book character.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:49 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Wait does manga count as comics

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:55 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Well, you've called them 'manga' rather than comics,so I'd argue they're a separate genre.....

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm talking about Vulkan obviously, not Darth Sidious.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:57 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well, you've called them 'manga' rather than comics,so I'd argue they're a separate genre.....

Yea but its essentially the same thing different terminology

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:09 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If I handed you three or four pages, would you be able to tell which is a comic and which is a manga? And I don't just mean the reading order etc (though it's also diff, obv).

Manga has differing conventions, differing art styles (which leads to all sorts of arguments) etc.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by RealityWarper
The problem is that he isn't a comic book character.
Originally posted by RealityWarper
I'm talking about Vulkan obviously, not Darth Sidious.
oh, I know, that's why I wanted it to be clear before I chose my character.
isn't manga just Japanese comics?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:12 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

If I handed you three or four pages, would you be able to tell which is a comic and which is a manga? And I don't just mean the reading order etc (though it's also diff, obv).

Manga has differing conventions, differing art styles (which leads to all sorts of arguments) etc.

Yea yea

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 06:35 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm leaning toward entering. Id said no prep, but does that include not being able to do passive things like shields? With two Flashes in the fight, it makes a big difference in who is a viable pick. And it leaves questions about picks like Hal, who are base human level without such shields. There's no way he throws one up in the first picosecond of the fight unless there's some really good auto-shield feat out there I'm unaware of.

My question is in general, though. I have several more or fewer options depending on the answer.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 30th, 2017 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Forum rules, Digi, forum rules.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:31 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I think prep would be there just to give a clear advantage [time to prepare] for the non-speedsters, which would defeat the purpose of the speed itself. I'd rather nobody has any advantage, just their natural abilities.

Besides, it's not 1v1. The speedsters could engage half a dozen other people.

But that's just me.

And that.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:32 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Yeah, but it's forum rules being applied to tournament debating, meaning we're in control. There should be some consideration for that... though I personally don't care much either way about passive prep. I'll be happy with whatever decision Id makes about it.

I repeat though: we should have a much bigger arena.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:54 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Lol, fair enough. They stipulate that "always on" powers are on at the battle's beginning, but that setting up shields isn't allowed. Which helps but still leaves a little ambiguity. So with my GL example, I think it would have to be argued that shields are automatic and "always on." With others, though, such things might be less clear. I guess I'll have to ask Id if it comes up with a particular pick.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 30th, 2017 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh, I know, that's why I wanted it to be clear before I chose my character. isn't manga just Japanese comics?

YES SIR !

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 10:12 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I will get to awnser your questions today and updating the rules with the contestants

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 02:36 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I shiver with antici..........,

pation.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:18 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Shields and Auto-Shields: Those with powers to erect a shield can come into battle with protection on This is only for physical shields. This is the only exception to prep-time. Do not test me, and ask about masking your sight or shielding your presence etc.. fuk off I am not having this time.

The Arena: will be increased to 4,000 squre miles, is about the size of the Earth. The arena is made of stone and minerals as hard as Creation Blades or Captain America Shields. So the arena is very tough, though you could matter manipulate it if the opportunity presents itself.
Character Draft: Comic Book Characters only.

If a Team Wins: For those who join forces, if you happen to win. You are declared the winners....at least for now, I may do a part two.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:41 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

thanks.

One last question. Am I allowed to use a character that hasn't personally appeared in comic form, but has allies and enemies that do?

Thats a Negative Ghost Rider.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:42 PM
DarkSaint85

Thanks Id. Appreciate it.

I'll just follow forum rules thumb up as long as it doesn't break them,it'll be fine.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:44 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by "Id"
Shields and Auto-Shields: Those with powers to erect a shield can come into battle with protection on This is only for physical shields. This is the only exception to prep-time. Do not test me, and ask about masking your sight or shielding your presence etc.. fuk off I am not having this time.

The Arena: will be increased to 4,000 squre miles, is about the size of the Earth. The arena is made of stone and minerals as hard as Creation Blades or Captain America Shields. So the arena is very tough, though you could matter manipulate it if the opportunity presents itself.
Character Draft: Comic Book Characters only.

If a Team Wins: For those who join forces, if you happen to win. You are declared the winners....at least for now, I may do a part two.

👍.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:51 PM