KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Captain America vs Daredevil

Captain America vs Daredevil
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Of course it can happen. This does not mean that it will happen. Again, it is not easy.

Prove that it won't be easy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:06 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove that it won't be easy.
DD has excellent speed, senses, agility, and fighting ability. Cap doesn't have any feats to show that it would be easy.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:10 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

DD has excellent speed, senses, agility, and fighting ability. Cap doesn't have any feats to show that it would be easy.

I didn't ask for your opinion.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:14 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Matt won't easily allow cap to even touch the shield in that way.

How exactly is Daredevil going to stop Cap from activating a device he has built into his uniform?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:43 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

How exactly is Daredevil going to stop Cap from activating a device he has built into his uniform?

Apparently because OP states Cap lost his shield and Matt picked it up, h1 thinks Cap doesn't have it here.

But the gauntlet is just for Cap being lazy. He doesn't actually need it to beat Matt down and just yank it back. Matt is nowhere near strong enough to hold onto it, and he's been hit by so many people if you think Cap won't land a hand on him, you're being h1.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 03:56 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Cap is too strong.

Consider DD as Cap. Cap is Hulk.

That is how strong Cap is in comparison to DD.

0 chances for Matt here h1a8.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:45 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This thread should never have made it past the first page. We've already seen what happens when Matt fights a superhuman opponent, as seen during his first fight with Black Sky Elektra. And I use this fight because it's the only one where neither knew who the other was (at least right up until the end), so it's the best comparison. And Matt showed that while he has the speed and skill to compete, he does not have the strength to hurt his opponent (he actually landed way more hits than Elektra, but they had little real effect) or durability (both super strong hits Elektra landed caused him visible trouble). Matt just does not have the strength and toughness to compete here.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:12 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It's rather amusing that h1 still hasn't figured out the difference between his opinions and facts.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 05:15 AM
h1a8

I didn't ask for your opinion.
Cap doesn't have any feats to show that it would be easy. If you disagree then prove me wrong.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:41 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This thread should never have made it past the first page. We've already seen what happens when Matt fights a superhuman opponent, as seen during his first fight with Black Sky Elektra. And I use this fight because it's the only one where neither knew who the other was (at least right up until the end), so it's the best comparison. And Matt showed that while he has the speed and skill to compete, he does not have the strength to hurt his opponent (he actually landed way more hits than Elektra, but they had little real effect) or durability (both super strong hits Elektra landed caused him visible trouble). Matt just does not have the strength and toughness to compete here.
He loses, no one here is saying otherwise. The argument is basically how fast does he lose?
What kills me is that posters don't actually read the posts. Otherwise they would see EVERYONE said Cap wins. Thus, they wouldn't debate against themselves.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:44 AM
Silent Master

Cap doesn't have any feats to show that it would be easy. If you disagree then prove me wrong.

Nice attempt to shift the burden, it's not going to work.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:53 AM
h1a8

Nice attempt to shift the burden, it's not going to work.

A negative not proven doesn't make the positive true. So at best, neither the arguments that Cap can or cannot can be argued here.

And negatives can be proven by lack of evidence.
There is no evidence that Cap can grab the shield easily. Therefore the negative is proven.

Last edited by h1a8 on Oct 21st, 2017 at 01:15 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 01:11 AM
Silent Master

You not being aware of Cap's feats doesn't mean they don't exist.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:16 AM
h1a8

You not being aware of Cap's feats doesn't mean they don't exist.
I’m aware of his feats. He has none that shows it will be easy. If you disagree then give a feat or two that you feel gives the contrary.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 06:55 PM
Silent Master

IOW you can't back up your claim, so you're trying the shift the burden.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 06:59 PM
h1a8

IOW you can't back up your claim, so you're trying the shift the burden.
How can you prove A negative other than with the absence of evidence?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 11:38 PM
Silent Master

How can you prove A negative other than with the absence of evidence?

Nobody is asking you to prove a negative, we are asking you to back up your claim and that would be done by you proving that DD's stats and skills place his fighting formidability close enough to Cap's, that Cap wouldn't be able to easily disarm him.

Seriously, why do you continue to require people to explain basic concepts to you?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 11:47 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Cap is several levels above Matt.

This is should have ended long ago.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:08 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This is a little more even now after defenders since DD fought the wanked Black Sky to a stand still. Impressive showing which keeps it from being an outright stomp but I'd still say Cap.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:36 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This is a little more even now after defenders since DD fought the wanked Black Sky to a stand still. Impressive showing which keeps it from being an outright stomp but I'd still say Cap.

This would go similar to Cap vs Batroc or Cap vs Crossbones IMO. Matt can make a nuisance of himself, but will go down hard once the kid gloves come off.

There is actually a deleted scene from CA:CW where Cap does similar to Black Widow. She manages to taser him in the face/neck, and even disarms him of his shield, but the moment he gets fed up with her shenanigans, he quickly restrains and gets rid of her. Now, that specific showing is not canon, but it is consistent with how normal people tend to fair against Super Soldiers. And, like the Crossbones and Batroc fights (where Cap was not using his shield against either when he actually beat them), it shows Cap can manage fights against humans without his shield, without any serious trouble.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 02:24 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote