KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Could you do a batter job than wolverine?

Could you do a batter job than wolverine?
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Wolverine is a very flawed but human character, but that's the whole point. He's not Superman. He's not even Batman. Wolverine is a damaged person who grew into the best person he could possibly be despite his anger, resentment, anxiety, loss, and pain. That's what makes him such an interesting character.

His Healing Factor may be physical, but it's also symbolic of his emotional healing factor. That no matter how much pain, death, or misery comes his way he keeps going...although not without his scars.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:30 AM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolverineX25
Wolverine is a very flawed but human character, but that's the whole point. He's not Superman. He's not even Batman. Wolverine is a damaged person who grew into the best person he could possibly be despite his anger, resentment, anxiety, loss, and pain. That's what makes him such an interesting character.

His Healing Factor may be physical, but it's also symbolic of his emotional healing factor. That no matter how much pain, death, or misery comes his way he keeps going...although not without his scars.

his healing factor heals everythign and leaves no scars unlike emotional scars. so while it sound phylosophical, its not the case

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:42 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
First thing - with your alcohol-induced blackouts, you cannot be sure of anything. Maybe you've killed, you just don't remember it. Scary as it is.

Second - if you get Logan's powers anywhere near their best, killing him won't be a problem. You'll just wade through bullets and everything. Pizza topping, nothing more. Putin is not a god, you Russians are just being told so. Same with Kim Jong-un and North Koreans.

I'll concede to your first point about alcohol induced black outs.
I think Kim Jong-un comparison is a bit of an exaggeration but I see what you mean. But none of that will prevent 6 of his huge ass security guards from restraining me or just sitting on top me once they realize I'm bullet resistant. I can't bench press that much. Maybe if I can come up with some sort of plan but definitely not head on.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:42 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Plus, whilst SamZED may have Wolvy's powers, he won't have his pain resistance.

He's a pussy who'll curl up into a ball first time he's shot.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:45 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by SamZED
I'll concede to your first point about alcohol induced black outs.
I think Kim Jong-un comparison is a bit of an exaggeration but I see what you mean. But none of that will prevent 6 of his huge ass security guards from restraining me or just sitting on top me once they realize I'm bullet resistant. I can't bench press that much. Maybe if I can come up with some sort of plan but definitely not head on.

His healing factor means you get his strength...

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

True dat.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:51 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:47 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

If I get his strength then yeah.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I'll have you know that I've went through an epilation procedure not once but twice. And while I realize that it makes me a f@g, I LAUGH at pain.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:50 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Re: Could you do a batter job than wolverine?

Originally posted by Dareangel
everyone always complain about wolverine. ohh he should have dont that he shouldnt have done this. well you get his claws and healing factor b1tch can you do better than him????

Why would I want a crappy characters crappy powers?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:52 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

If I get his strength then yeah.

I mean, if we're meant to do a better job than Wolverine, then we should at least get his full powerset (if not experience also), not just claws and healing (with none of its side-effects), right?

I'll have you know that I've went through an epilation procedure not once but twice. And while I realize that it makes me a f@g, I laugh at pain.

Epilation? What are you, a metrosexual Russian? Dragons are more real than you.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:53 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I mean, if we're meant to do a better job than Wolverine, then we should at least get his full powerset (if not experience also), not just claws and healing (with none of its side-effects), right?

Epilation? What are you, a metrosexual Russian? Dragons are more real than you.

laughing This dis is awesome, i'm using it. Also fuk you.

If we get his powers/experience it should be a walk in the park. In fact I think I'll take over the place instead of just looking the guy.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:58 AM
Dareangel

Re: Re: Could you do a batter job than wolverine?

Originally posted by Silent Master
Why would I want a crappy characters crappy powers?

because you are sooo cool without them right? laughing

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:53 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He's a known thorbag and a Wolverine hater.

Ends up in a hospital 3-4 times a week, so they can surgically remove Mjolnir replicas from his anus.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:55 AM
Dareangel

never could understand thor fans that hate wolverine. wolvy is not a threat to your dear thor, relax and go back to hating superman

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 02:56 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by WolverineX25

Wow. Do you work for Marvel?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

never could understand thor fans that hate wolverine. wolvy is not a threat to your dear thor, relax and go back to hating superman

Lol. He'd gut Thor Slowdinson.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:43 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Just realized thread asks who could do a 'batter' job than Wolverine.

I now assume this is about a baseball and/or baking challenge.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:25 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

his healing factor heals everythign and leaves no scars unlike emotional scars. so while it sound phylosophical, its not the case

Well you actually have a good point Dareangel, it's actually more of a contrast or irony than it is a similarity. I mean to say that Wolverine has survived through losses that most people wouldn't, but you are correct: He has never developed a true pattern of emotional healing, he seems to take one step forward and twenty steps back.

I do like the irony though. His physical wounds heal without a scar. He is nearly the perfect physical specimen, yet on the inside he's a mess. But that's what makes him Wolverine. I say if you want perfect people, or close to it, read Superman laughing

I love Superman, but I prefer my characters dark and flawed like Wolverine or Batman. cool

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:32 PM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Originally posted by Smurph

I literally didn't see this until you brought it up laughing

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:33 PM
Dareangel

Originally posted by Smurph

evidence of his baking? or playing baseball?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:40 AM
Smurph
------

None. But I'm a truly awful baker, and Wolverine's powers just wouldn't help.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:55 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I've thought about this before. He'd likely be a political assassin; I think in real life Wolverine would likely be captured and tortured for eternity.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 10:32 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote