KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs Darth Wyyrlok

Darth Bane vs Darth Wyyrlok
Started by: twotter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Sure, because Darth Sion is totally stronger than Malgus/Arcann/Vaylin/Bane, yeah you get the point.

And you don't, apprently. I didn't say willpower was the only source of Force power, but it can be used to achieve the same results as those with more talent or knowledge. In the case of Sion, it allowed him to attain immortality without the need for extensive study or a deep grasp of the Force.

Several characters in-universe have come to this same realization, Darths Plagueis and Wyyrlok himself being examples. Wyyrlok believed a Sith's strength derived from willpower, and his theory actually showed results.

(please log in to view the image)

With his sheer force of will, Wyyrlok was able to circumvent the knowledge and mastery required to understand Andeddu's technique, so despite never having heard of it, he was able to instantaneously utilize it and actually reverse it back on Andeddu with greater potency.

Of course willpower isn't the only variable in determining an individual's Force strength, as raw talent and knowledge also play a key factor, but willpower is still very significant nonetheless. And it's not that Wyyrlok lacks in the Force knowledge department, being the One Sith's loremaster and an expert on Sith Alchemy and Sorcery. That, plus his own feats and scaling is what makes me confident in his ability to win a wizarding duel against Bane.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

So his will gives him greater resistance, to an illusion type attack, as it should.
He is obviously more versed the Bane in that Area, but that doesn't prove force superiority.

Look at Anakin, if Anakin invested enough time into that area, he would of been indomitable mentally, but instead he was manipulated by palps.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Haschwalth
So his will gives him greater resistance, to an illusion type attack, as it should.
He is obviously more versed the Bane in that Area, but that doesn't prove force superiority.

Look at Anakin, if Anakin invested enough time into that area, he would of been indomitable mentally, but instead he was manipulated by palps.

I literally just said that willpower isn't the sole determining facor in overall Force power - but a major part nonetheless - and stated that Wyyrlok's other feats and scaling will too contribute to his triumph here. You are merely regurgitating my words.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by Azronger
I literally just said that willpower isn't the sole determining facor in overall Force power - but a major part nonetheless - and stated that Wyyrlok's other feats and scaling will too contribute to his triumph here. You are merely regurgitating my words.

Obviously, and I agree with it playing a role in certain cases, i'm just saying Bane, didn't do as well against him due to not being as versed in Willpower as Wyyrlok.
It doesn't prove Wyyrlok to be superior when it comes to pure strength.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Well no, but whatever esoteric technique Bane tries on Wyyrlok will fail and might backfire, and the strength of telekinetic barriers have also been stated to correlate with willpower, so Bane has no chance there either.

That leaves Lightning, elemental powers like Force Lightning, and Wyyrlok should have the edge there too.

Last edited by Azronger on Oct 13th, 2017 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 05:22 PM
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well no, but whatever esoteric technique Bane tries on Wyyrlok will fail and might backfire, and the strength of telekinetic barriers have also been stated to correlate with willpower, so Bane has no chance there either.

That leaves Lightning, elemental powers like Force Lightning, and Wyyrlok should have the edge there too.

My question is :

Does Wyyrlok have an edge in power levels?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:19 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ziggtard
My question is :

Does Wyyrlok have an edge in power levels?

He should, based on his feats and scaling, although I doubt it's anything too huge. It should be a good fight.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:21 PM
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

BTW, Naturally speaking, any masterfully trained force adept within a faction (i.e. - sith/jedi/imperial knight/nightsister) will be more skilled than Darth bane in duelling. He blossomed to late on that token and still might have a weakness to duel weapon fencing.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:21 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

BTW, Naturally speaking, any masterfully trained force adept within a faction (i.e. - sith/jedi/imperial knight/nightsister) will be more skilled than Darth bane in duelling. He blossomed to late on that token and still might have a weakness to duel weapon fencing.

Now you're just lowballing lol. You may be correct on the dual blade issue (DMB can clarify that for us), but random mooks aren't going to do anyhing to Bane in a duel other than get stomped.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:24 PM
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now you're just lowballing lol. You may be correct on the dual blade issue (DMB can clarify that for us), but random mooks aren't going to do anyhing to Bane in a duel other than get stomped.

Yes Azronger, but that's because he's naturally more powerful than them.

I'm talking about pure weapon skill in a vacuum away from force power. Think about someone like Darth Talon - picked from birth by Krayt, potentially having thousands of spars with different colleagues - and knowing the way Krayt runs things - those being potentially to the death. Bane simply didn't have that practical tuition considering his early life. Ergo- he may not have the technical skill of these people. Much less if they simply pull out a second blade, to his complete helpless bewilderment.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:31 PM
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

the point is that you think wyyrlok is more powerful than bane, which would mean bane has to hold some technical edge against him in duel to make headway. in which case, Bane looses all.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:34 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yes Azronger, but that's because he's naturally more powerful than them.

I'm talking about pure weapon skill in a vacuum away from force power. Think about someone like Darth Talon - picked from birth by Krayt, potentially having thousands of spars with different colleagues - and knowing the way Krayt runs things - those being potentially to the death. Bane simply didn't have that practical tuition considering his early life. Ergo- he may not have the technical skill of these people. Much less if they simply pull out a second blade, to his complete helpless bewilderment.

Well, I'm not going to defend Bane's dueling prowess here, as I don't think he wins this fight, but I definitely think you're massively underselling him here.

But regardless, yes, Wyyrlok wins. Even ignoring the duel blade issue, he was good enough to hold out against Darth Krayt, who I believe would give even the likes of Palpatine and Yoda a run for their money in a lightsaber duel.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:44 PM
Unbowed

But regardless, yes, Wyyrlok wins. Even ignoring the duel blade issue, he was good enough to hold out against Darth Krayt, who I believe would kill even the likes of Palpatine and Yoda in an all out duel.

We can finally agree on something. thumb up

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

> last five blade-clashes
> hold out

Kit Fisto held out against Sidious, y'all!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 06:48 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Originally posted by MythLord
> last five blade-clashes
> hold out

Kit Fisto held out against Sidious, y'all!

To be fair it's a comic and stuff could have happened in-between. There doesn't seem to be any logical continuation between the panels. So it's likely a series of snaps. The duel likely lasted longer.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 07:54 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I see a logical continuation: Krayt leaped at Wyyrlok, leaped over him, bladelocked then used his strength open up his defenses and leave him exposed. Then Wyyrlok TP'ed him.

Either way, the duel was insanely brief and Wyyrlok was struggling.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 08:56 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

The duel was brief, sure, but I see nothing to indicate such a one-sided slaughter as Sidious vs Fisto. Wyyrlok successfully blocked Krayt's power charge, had the latter use advanced and nuanced manuevering, dodged one attack of Krayt's, and even had room to use his Force abilities. It was a lopsided fight, sure, but not a stomp. A stomp would be something like Krayt's last battle with Cade.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 09:52 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Darth Krayt, who I believe would give even the likes of Palpatine and Yoda a run for their money in a lightsaber duel.

Which logically means you must think Karness Muur and all of his superiors can, too.

Progress. thumb up

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 09:55 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by AncientPower
Which logically means you must think Karness Muur and all of his superiors can, too.

Progress. thumb up

I have Muur roughly on Dooku's level as a duelist. He isn't pressuring Yoda or Sidious, but he can last against them for a maybe 35-45 seconds before going down.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 09:58 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Well done. thumb up

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 10:05 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote