KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Jiren & LB Goku vs. Whis

Jiren & LB Goku vs. Whis
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Inedian

Whis destroys easily.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 09:15 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
If Whis can one shot Goku and Jiren, he is unimaginably powerful. I just don't know about this.
As of now, there is no definitive evidence that puts Jiren on par with the most powerful Destroyers, like Beerus and Quitela -- but even if he is, Whis can still casually one-shot Beerus-level beings. If Whis takes this fight seriously, it'd be over before Goku/Jiren even knew what was happening, imo.

Remember, all this time/training since DBS began, and Goku is still striving just to match Beerus... Whis is on an entirely different level.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Make me wonder if Whis is secretly teaching Goku and Vegeta to become GoDs. I say this because Goku is now able to use Hakai in the manga.

Technically Vegeta already agreed to it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:19 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by bbrem123
Make me wonder if Whis is secretly teaching Goku and Vegeta to become GoDs. I say this because Goku is now able to use Hakai in the manga.

Technically Vegeta already agreed to it.
Yeah, the series has strongly hinted at Whis training them as potential replacements for Beerus, but considering that Goku has made it clear he wants NOTHING to do with that role, there's obviously something else that keeps Whis interested(and I don't think it's juts earth food, lol.)

Maybe he just wants to see how far he can take mortals up the totem pole..? /shrug

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Has there ever been a mortal who can fight an angel?

Or ever a GoD, for that matter?

What happens if an angel is defeated, I wonder? Would the victor enjoy the spoils and a new position, or would the offending warrior, or perhaps his entire universe, be erased?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

By all implications, Jiren is the first mortal to ever truly reach GoD-levels of power, which means NO mortal has ever remotely approached Angel-levels.

If an Angel dies, that universe's GoD would be free to blindly rampage with no recourse. This would eventually cause a cosmic/universal imbalance that would annoy Daishinkan and Zen-Oh, and likely result in that continuum being erased.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 9th, 2017 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:47 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

If that's the case, Whis is a pretty irresponsible angel. smile

Although for all their power, they're really nothing more then a nursemaid and servant to fairly petty/crude beings, so I suppose I'd do anything for excitement, too.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Galan007
By all implications, Jiren is the first mortal to ever truly reach GoD-levels of power, which means NO mortal has ever remotely approached Angel-levels.
Since Toppo is being trained to be next GoD, and Vegeta and Goku being trained for GoD wouldn't you think that all GoDs have been mortal at one time? That something happens when the title is switched?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:24 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Kento
Since Toppo is being trained to be next GoD, and Vegeta and Goku being trained for GoD wouldn't you think that all GoDs have been mortal at one time? That something happens when the title is switched?
Perhaps.

But given their age(Beerus, for example, has been a Destroyer for "hundredS of millionS of years", and the other GoDs are implied to be just as ancient) it's also quite possible that the original GoDs featured in DBS were divinely 'bred/grown' in a similar nature to the Kaioshin... Especially given the intimate link Kaioshin and GoDs share with one another.

Regarding the origin of Kaioshin(ie. Supreme Kais)-
quote:
Q: The Kaioshin are said to have the highest status in the universe, but how can you become a Kaioshin?

Toriyama: No one can. Kaioshin are born as Kaioshin. There are three of them, and they work in shifts. Though there are two of them on duty now, if one of the Kaioshin were to die in an accident, then the currently-inactive Kaioshin would grow in the Kaioshin Realm like a plant.

Regarding the 'Kaioshin Realm'-
quote:
Toriyama: There is a planet, called the World Core [Kaishin-sei] where the Kaio are born and raised. It's a world like a gigantic Planet Kaio, and Kaio-sama and his peers are born as Core People [Shin-jin] from the fruit of the World Core's giant World Tree [Kaiju]. The planet's population is about 80. At a castle that's like a school, they learn a variety of things, and live an easygoing life; however, if a Kaio dies on one of the Kaio Planets, the next Kaio is chosen from among them by lottery. However, a Kaioshin is chosen only from Core People who are born from a special golden fruit, which rarely occurs. In addition, there are occasionally delinquent Core People with evil hearts; these ones fall under the Makaio.

*Note, these interviews were released a few years ago, so some of the tidbits Toriyama mentioned in them have been retconned in DBS continuity. However, the part about Kaio and Kaioshin essentially being 'grown' still holds true, afaik.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:58 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zamasu would seem to contradict being born a Kaioshin at least, as he was training to become one and unable to use time rings without a rank bump.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He was still born a member of *that* race... And only members of *that* race can become Kaioshin.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:27 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's still true. Toriyama's comment made it sound like they pop out of the nursery full fledge Kaioshins, instead of needing a training period.

Could make a good story of the Kaioshin that couldn't cut it. Zamasu kind of was that, but he chose to throw it all away, instead of simply not measuring up.

It could also be they take over no matter what, explaining all the fairly incompetent bosses. thumb up

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:36 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Galan007
Perhaps.

But given their age(Beerus, for example, has been a Destroyer for "hundredS of millionS of years", and the other GoDs are implied to be just as ancient) it's also quite possible that the original GoDs featured in DBS were divinely 'bred/grown' in a similar nature to the Kaioshin... Especially given the intimate link Kaioshin and GoDs share with one another.

But with how diverse the GoDs are compared to Angels and Kai it makes more sense that they aren't grown or bred. Belmond gives exact years he has been one in the manga. Instead of just saying since time began or the beginning of everything which makes me think he isn't even the first. And that becoming a GoD involves some ritual and linking to the Angel and Kaioshin of your universe. Otherwise why would they use mortals as replacements?

But we might never know.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:41 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

But with how diverse the GoDs are compared to Angels and Kai it makes more sense that they aren't grown or bred. Belmond gives exact years he has been one in the manga. Instead of just saying since time began or the beginning of everything which makes me think he isn't even the first. And that becoming a GoD involves some ritual and linking to the Angel and Kaioshin of your universe. Otherwise why would they use mortals as replacements?

But we might never know.

There's also the fact Whis and Beerus keeps pestering Goku to consider the job.. In the manga, Beerus says "Become a God of Destruction! It's not a bad job! You get to eat all you want, sleep all day, don't have to work much!"

Not much point enticing him if you can only be born into it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:44 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

But we might never know.
Oh, I'm not saying that you *have* to be born as a GoD to be a GoD -- we KNOW that isn't the case. The fact that Toppo, a mortal, is Belmond's replacement(and Daishinkan -the #2 authority in the multiverse- is perfectly fine with it) shatters that notion.

I'm just saying that it *seems* like the GoDs we've seen in DBS are the original Destroyers, as there has been no mention of them being preceded by others thus far. And judging by how unanimously shocked the Destroyers and Angels are that a mortal could possibly be on par with a GoD makes me think the originals were bred/created specifically for the task -- much like the Kaioshin and Angels seem to have been bred/created specifically for their tasks. /shrug

But yeah, we may never know one way or the other.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 12:11 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

I just took it as a GoD has millenniums of getting power and become something not mortal anymore. For someone with such a short life span to get so powerful is the shocking part. But I can see what you mean.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 12:53 AM