KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs Darth Vader

Magneto vs Darth Vader
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
It seems inconsistent though.

I remember he couldn'f control adamantium, until he could. Mjolnir also absorbed his shield, yet other times couldn't dent it...

But there should be "some" sort of internal logic at work. I mean, he can't just control plastics, or shouldn't.

Far as I know, durasteel uses some weird alien ore in it.

He never had trouble with adamantium.

And iron is hardly the only ferromagnetic, for fuck's sake.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He never had trouble with adamantium.

And iron is hardly the only ferromagnetic, for fuck's sake.

Back in the day, it used to be he couldn't affect adamantium because it wasn't iron based. Or that was the explanation in the comics/letter collumn/source book/whereever I got that from.

Might have been around the same time Wolverine's claws were said to have replaceable parts on the back of trading cards.

But yeah, iron isn't the only ferrous metal (All ferrous metal "does" contain iron), I'm just saying there's a ton of stuff he shouldn't control. Like wood.

Unless you listen to the science nerds who cry "unified field!", or worse "Higgs field?"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Back in the day, it used to be he couldn't affect adamantium because it wasn't iron based. Or that was the explanation in the comics/letter collumn/source book/whereever I got that from.

Might have been around the same time Wolverine's claws were said to have replaceable parts on the back of trading cards.

Magnus controlled Wolverine's claws the first time they met... I think you're making shit up, cdtm.

But yeah, iron isn't the only ferometal, I'm just saying there's a ton of stuff he shouldn't control. Like wood.

Sure, but at his high levels, he can effectively emulate telekinesis or better...

Anyway, it's Vader who needs a feat that durasteel (and other materials included in his suit and bionics) is impervious to magnetism.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Magnus controlled Wolverine's claws the first time they met... I think you're making shit up, cdtm.

Sure, but at his high levels, he can effectively emulate telekinesis or better...

Anyway, it's Vader who needs a feat that durasteel (and other materials included in his suit and bionics) is impervious to magnetism.

Isn't it supposed to be proven the other direction?

I can't really prove durasteel isn't ferrous, but we're also not going to assume Magnus affects every alien metal out there, are we?

Because I want to see Magneto rip up Galactus's purple metal looking suit then. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, this should be easy for someone who actually know the character well (Which I do not)

Has Magneto done well against alien metals? Skrull, Kree, Sh'iar?

Has he ever run into problems?

Does the problem even come up?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Remember the Breakworld planet-busting bullet...?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:58 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Or when he reconstructed and served as the nervous system to the Sleeping Celestial...

Face it, Vader is going to get disintegrated.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:10 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a really well animated video.. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:17 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

In which Mags didn't even use his ff sans the very beginning.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:39 AM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Or when he reconstructed and served as the nervous system to the Sleeping Celestial...

Face it, Vader is going to get disintegrated.
just so you know, Vader is outright stated to be Yoda's superior.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 12:56 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by deathslash
just so you know, Vader is outright stated to be Yoda's superior.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 01:05 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Magneto crushes him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 01:10 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

I live for the moment when I can prove people wrong.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0M3DXqur-Y
Terrible as the movie is, it makes a point of noting that Anakin (as a child) is stronger in the force than Yoda.

Yoda was incapable of definitively beating Dooku.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ

Same Dooku that a serious Anakin pushed to his limits.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o

At 1:17, Anakin states that his powers have more than doubled since the last time they met (which was only about a month ago). Anakin clearly isn't lying since he easily dispatches Dooku at 2:23 when he gets serious.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT3ctPuVRw

Anakin ragdolls two force gods who's very presence can alter the fabric of reality. Amongst other things, their presence altered weather, they could see into the future, let others see into the future, control life and death, absorb highly lethal amounts of energy without a problem, manipulate time, manipulate gravity, manipulate space, etc.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=groYO_51bwY

When I say that Vader is more powerful than Yoda, it's not just a statement, it's a fact. Just so we're clear, Vader is more powerful than the guy that did this.

Originally posted by Galan007
For more of a sense of scale, here is the creature Yoda fought in its entirety -- when they call it a mountain, they are being quite literal:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"One Jedi alone against a living mountain... I almost feel sorry for the mountain."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 02:04 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nothing that I already wasn't aware of. Still don't see Vader as superior to Yoda.

Originally posted by deathslash
Anakin states that his powers have more than doubled

Careful with quotes. "My powers have doubled", not "more than doubled".

Midichlorians aren't everything.

ABC logic, huh? Same Obi-Wan that Dooku f*cking stomped in RotS has beaten Ani... and Obi-Wan wasn't on Yoda's level, as stated in the film.

Yeah, those ridiculous force gods... Ani specifically used the planet's power after Kenobi instructed him to do so, didn't he? Plot device.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 02:20 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin was dominating Obi. He essentially beat himself with that stupid leap.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 02:26 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He wasn't dominating shit, it was a stalemate. Even in the Force push struggle. Kenobi was a Soresu practitioner, that's why he was on the defensive.

Better stick to K'un-Lun, cd.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 02:29 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure he was. I've seen the fight enough times where even my dying brain cells remember the flow.

There were times when Anakin was outright overpowering Obi Wan with one hand. When they did the force push thing, Anakin recovered faster then Obi Wan.. And on the final showdown before the "higher ground", Anakin was cocky and confident, while Obi Wan was struggling to keep up.

If that wasn't true, Obi Wan wouldn't need the higher ground trick. All one foot of it... And it was Anakin pushing forward, Obi Wan stepping back for most of the fight.

Even on equal ground, leaping over Obi Wan's head like an idiot probably would have had the same result.

Last edited by cdtm on Nov 6th, 2017 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 02:35 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sure he was. I've seen the fight enough times where even my dying brain cells remember the flow.

There were times when Anakin was outright overpowering Obi Wan with one hand.

His bionic hand, you mean. Yes, there was such a scene. He had an upper hand (no pun intended) there for a moment, sure. Did it end the fight? No, far from it.

When they did the force push thing, Anakin recovered faster then Obi Wan..

Think you see what you want to see, tbh...

And on the final showdown before the "higher ground", Anakin was cocky and confident, while Obi Wan was struggling to keep up.

Um, no? Kenobi was focused and giving Ani a chance to surrender, Anakin was a jittery kid that got crippled for refusing to listen.

If that wasn't true, Obi Wan wouldn't need the higher ground trick. All one foot of it...

Even on equal ground, leaping over Obi Wan's head like an idiot probably would have had the same result.

So much power in the "Chosen One" that he couldn't even jump a little higher. Wow. I'm impressed. Easily Yoda-busting lv thumb up

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 02:41 AM
deathslash

Nothing that I already wasn't aware of. Still don't see Vader as superior to Yoda.

Careful with quotes. "My powers have doubled", not "more than doubled".

Midichlorians aren't everything.

ABC logic, huh? Same Obi-Wan that Dooku f*cking stomped in RotS has beaten Ani... and Obi-Wan wasn't on Yoda's level, as stated in the film.

Yeah, those ridiculous force gods... Ani specifically used the planet's power after Kenobi instructed him to do so, didn't he? Plot device.
no offense, but it doesn't matter what you think. Sidious himself considered Vader to be a threat (immediately after he got the lava dip too).

As per the statement of Nick Gillard, Kenobi is a single tier underneath Anakin. Not only that, but Anakin only lost because of his hubris and because he was emotionally imbalanced. Few more things to note though:

1. I do consider it funny how you judge Anakin based off of losing to the greatest master of Soresu ever.

2. Kenobi lost to Dooku as badly as he did because Dooku's form was naturally superior to Kenobi's (giving him an unfair advantage).

3. Vader is outright said to have grown even more in power after the lava dip.
"Vader completed his meditation and opened his eyes. His pale, flame-savaged face stared back at him from out of the reflective black surface of his pressurized meditation chamber. Without the neural connection to his armor, he was conscious of the stumps of his legs, the ruin of his arm, the perpetual pain in his flesh. He welcomed it. Pain fed his hate, and hate fed his strength. Once, as a Jedi, he had meditated to find peace. Now he meditated to sharpen the edges of his anger.

He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they’d perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight."
-- Lords Of The Sith

4. Kenobi grew in skill and power after RotS (as clearly shown when he beat maul).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtv7PYEjZPc

He tapped into the Force to take them down. Not unheard of for Force users and especially not unheard of for the chosen one. Kind of like how Yoda tapped into the force to lift the mountain.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 05:18 AM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, that was what i was gonna say. even assuming for the moment that the tk choke could affect mags through his shields (not a given imo, at all, after all we've SEEN him deal with tk users many times, and while some can grab his shield and throw him AND the shield around, i don't recall any tk ever affecting him directly through his shield) vader's armor would get crushed almost instantly. starting distance is not an issue for mags either. we've also seen that mag's speed is pretty uber. i'd give him the solid majority here. it would def end without either of them ever taking so much as a single step.
The force choke isn't exactly normal tk Leo, it's more spiritual than psionic. It's more the force of life itself, than mental control of subatomic particles. It's more really the universe bending to the will of the Force user.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 05:55 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote