KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Despero Vs WBH

Despero Vs WBH
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealityWarper
WBH crushes him.

WBH resistance to telepathy should be tremendous at that point.

Are you saying it's better then Charles Xavier?

Because Martian Manhunter's tp is totally comparable to Charles Xavier, and Despero ripped through his mental defenses like they weren't there.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

beatbok's, good post, but just a fyi the Despero Lobo fought was still Despero. L-Ron entered him at the END of that fight, which put a stop to it.

That still isn't a knock on Despero, as fluxuations in power level are practically a part of Lobo's character. He goes from fighting Despero, to struggling with Batman, Hitman, and Vril Dox (An amped Dox, but still..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Emma was blocking Xavier:
(please log in to view the image)

The Cuckoos were going to block Xavier, and made him back down like a little b!tch:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...en__002_008.jpg

Making out like Xavier in the WWH was some uber psychic is false.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Are you saying it's better then Charles Xavier?

Because Martian Manhunter's tp is totally comparable to Charles Xavier, and Despero ripped through his mental defenses like they weren't there.

It's WBH here, not the regular Green Scar.

The regular Green Scar's rage was enough to push Xavier out of his mind.

This one is pure rage, Despero will not beat him via TP.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:34 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

beatbok's, good post, but just a fyi the Despero Lobo fought was still Despero. L-Ron entered him at the END of that fight, which put a stop to it.

That still isn't a knock on Despero, as fluxuations in power level are practically a part of Lobo's character. He goes from fighting Despero, to struggling with Batman, Hitman, and Vril Dox (An amped Dox, but still..)

Thanks for the correction.

I just quickly reread JLE 32=34 and JLA 57-58 after seeing your post.

Yeah I got it a bit backward. For some reason I remembered L-ron taking over Despero after the JLE battle with him in 33 before Lobo Arrived. The issue where Lobo is pretty much just watching and having a chat to Guy Gardner. I see now it was just the issue that L-ron saw Despero was wearing one of his thought control collars and came up with the plan to take him over.

There's still definitely no sign anywhere in the Breakdowns arc of Lobo ever actually doing any damage to Despero.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:50 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by beatboks
Actually I'm a comic fan not a DC fan. Currently debating Faggirl over on ICT when where I'm repping MCU Hela vs her ridiculously biased view of DCEU WW

Sorry my mistake, its not that you didn't read but your ability to is limited. I mean why else would you repeat this ridiculous statement when it's countering a statement that clearly implies Superman would loose to the Marvel character in question I pretty much stated that Despero in a purely h2h hand fight would loose to WBH and that same character in that same style of fight beat Superman when he has the help of three others in his strength level and several others for support in the evidence I offered.

Who's the fanboy here??? It's not the one offering evidence to support their stance.

this explains a lot, Never knew you had literacy problems also.

I have never made such a statement. Fact is I have never even stated reality warping is a power of any version of Fate. Being immune to reality manipulation is not the same thing as possessing reality maniip.

Don't swallow that foot now will you laughing

chill out.
go out and do some grown up shiit

this shiit isn't that serious dude.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 05:28 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Raisen
chill out.
go out and do some grown up shiit

this shiit isn't that serious dude.

Chillin is exactly what Ive been doing here. I've been on leave the last week at twin waters on the sunshine coast taking the kids sailing, Kayaking, and other sports daily.

This shit isnt serious and never was. I just needed something for my brain to do, theres a limit to how much vegging out you can take and not go mental

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:12 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by RealityWarper
It's WBH here, not the regular Green Scar.

The regular Green Scar's rage was enough to push Xavier out of his mind.

This one is pure rage, Despero will not beat him via TP.

I dont think anyones really argued that he will. TP is only one of Despero's powers. He has a hypnotic stare that isnt TP based, illusions also not TP based but a projection, TK that is uber on the scales, teleportation to use for a possible BFR, energy manipulation and some showings of matter manip (he cas complete control of his own atoms). In Strength WBH is above him no doubt but not by a large margin considerimg how easily he deals with multiple class 100+++ on multiple occasions.

If this was a purely physical fight I have no doubt tjay WBH would win. Deapero would make him work for that win which very few can do, but a win it would be. The thing is nothing in the OP says he cant use his other powers. Look to tje scans of Vision and Vice as to how easily his energy blasts take down Hawkman. The Nth metal worn by HM has always protected him from energy attacks because it absorbs energy. Its literally why he can go in space with only an air mask. Despero's energy blast is the only one ever shown to affect HM.

WBH is stronger
Regeneration is about even though there are instances where Despero regenerates slower (usually when hes reduced to an energy state or atoms, total decapatation has also taken him a while)

BUT then there is all the other powers Despero has beside TP that he can still team bust a team of low to mid heralds with. Added to which his main psionic attack is a mix of TP/TK/energy blast that shuts brains down so not a stict TP assault trying to control someone.

Most of tje attacks Hulk would use Deapero can endure. He's susceptible to piercing and slicing attacks bit again anything short of total decapatation isnt going to stop him for long. With jis TK and energy projection he can lay attacks on WBH from a distance that will have an effect. He can also divert WBH away from him with illusion projections. Physically I dont see a match for Despero in DC except MAYBE SBP, it takes several herald level DCU characters combined to physically challenge him.

I dont see how WBH can take a majority vs all that on the levels Despero operates on. I can see it becoming a stalemate due to both their insane durability and due to the fact a protracted battle between them is goimg to make Hulk angrier and Despero feel hate toward Hulk and his hate grow also (essentially continually amping them both, which would also make for an insanely good battle)

Actually think about it, this is a crossover I now want to see happen.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:39 AM
Stoic
Avenger

This would go unnoticed by WB Hulk.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:43 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

This would go unnoticed by WB Hulk as well

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:51 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

despero is nowhere close, typically, to his v&v portrayal. though i think that scene of banging heads together gets utterly overblown in the forum. in h2h this is a no-contest imo. tp makes it questionable, but like i said, i really can't see it working, or maybe it works to a limited degree, not sure. /shrug

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:58 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
despero is nowhere close, typically, to his v&v portrayal. though i think that scene of banging heads together gets utterly overblown in the forum. in h2h this is a no-contest imo. tp makes it questionable, but like i said, i really can't see it working, or maybe it works to a limited degree, not sure. /shrug

The hit to his face by Hawkman's mace would go unnoticed by WB Hulk as well. It really isn't close physically at all.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:05 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
This would go unnoticed by WB Hulk.

Based on?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:06 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Based on?

What do you mean based on? You already know. Don't be that guy. The Green Scar's very intestines were able to take a hit from a being capable of hitting harder than Immortal Hercules if he were 133.5X stronger. This was when he was in a relatively calm state as well. He goes on to take a hit by Betty (Red She Hulk) who was equal to him in strength and she hit him with a magical weapon forged in Asgard and enchanted by Odin himself. This was unable to cleave him in two. Meanwhile Despero gets his head cut off with ease.

Wendigo and Bi-Beast are class 100's and they didn't even register when they hit him... It was as they weren't even there. While Despero is effected by hits from Aquaman, Lobo, and Hawkman. The difference in durability is light years apart. To add to this, he became a great deal more powerful than this by the end of HOTM. Why pretend as if these two guys are on the same level physically? They aren't. Attempting to find a weakness in this version of the hulk has left people claiming that he died when no one saw him or Betty die. Bi-Beast and the gang on the other hand would have continued to die up til this very day if he wanted to continue playing with them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 02:32 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Oh yeah and just so that I don't forget. Lobo hit Darkseid in the face and broke his hand, while actually being able to do damage to Despero. So once again Despero is shown to be several paces away from the big leagues. While Superman flat out broke Darkseid's ass. In other words, Darkseid would spam whip on Despero.

Last edited by Stoic on Nov 15th, 2017 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 02:39 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by leonidas

Crisis of conscience and breakdowns pretty much show him doing the exact same thing (physically contending with multiple heavy hitters in a brawl). There are a few others as well, like physically retraining Starro in Rebels.

In those other tales he has physically simultaineoisly fought MMH/ PG/ WW/ Capt Atom/ Guy Gardner. In the crisis of conscience before he casually TP wielded them against each other he was being simyltaineously physically engaged by Supes/ MMH/ Hal/ Flash/ Aquaman/ and some fodder JLA and wasnt even being slowed down.

so I fail to see how its not close to his norm when we have three different arks in which hes on this level physically. Fact is the only other arcs he was in post coie he was still connected to the fire of Pytar that transformed him into this physical beast and the story where he was slaughtering the league until Jonn gifted him his Martian mind bliss thing. In all 4 of 5 arcs he completely domimated a team of low to mid heralds (the one where Jonn mimd blissed him was detroit era league and the plot device was necessary because they werent in the same league- pun unintended). So it actually seems pretty damn comsistent.

Besides which prior to the banging of heads he literally had Supes, Cap Marvel, WW, PG, and Hourman all trying to wrestle him down and being flung off like chaff. Lets

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 02:48 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Stoic
What do you mean based on? You already know. Don't be that guy. The Green Scar's very intestines were able to take a hit from a being capable of hitting harder than Immortal Hercules if he were 133.5X stronger. This was when he was in a relatively calm state as well. He goes on to take a hit by Betty (Red She Hulk) who was equal to him in strength and she hit him with a magical weapon forged in Asgard and enchanted by Odin himself. This was unable to cleave him in two. Meanwhile Despero gets his head cut off with ease.

Wendigo and Bi-Beast are class 100's and they didn't even register when they hit him... It was as they weren't even there. While Despero is effected by hits from Aquaman, Lobo, and Hawkman. The difference in durability is light years apart. To add to this, he became a great deal more powerful than this by the end of HOTM. Why pretend as if these two guys are on the same level physically? They aren't. Attempting to find a weakness in this version of the hulk has left people claiming that he died when no one saw him or Betty die. Bi-Beast and the gang on the other hand would have continued to die up til this very day if he wanted to continue playing with them.

Good to know, so in your opinion a lobo goimg hard (as he stated) is onntje same level as red she hulk, Wendigo, and Bi-beast. Will remember for the next Lovo vs thread.

I guess Abhi was right and Lobo's nowhere near Supes level.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 02:53 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Crisis of conscience and breakdowns pretty much show him doing the exact same thing (physically contending with multiple heavy hitters in a brawl). There are a few others as well, like physically retraining Starro in Rebels.

In those other tales he has physically simultaineoisly fought MMH/ PG/ WW/ Capt Atom/ Guy Gardner. In the crisis of conscience before he casually TP wielded them against each other he was being simyltaineously physically engaged by Supes/ MMH/ Hal/ Flash/ Aquaman/ and some fodder JLA and wasnt even being slowed down.

so I fail to see how its not close to his norm when we have three different arks in which hes on this level physically. Fact is the only other arcs he was in post coie he was still connected to the fire of Pytar that transformed him into this physical beast and the story where he was slaughtering the league until Jonn gifted him his Martian mind bliss thing. In all 4 of 5 arcs he completely domimated a team of low to mid heralds (the one where Jonn mimd blissed him was detroit era league and the plot device was necessary because they werent in the same league- pun unintended). So it actually seems pretty damn comsistent.

Besides which prior to the banging of heads he literally had Supes, Cap Marvel, WW, PG, and Hourman all trying to wrestle him down and being flung off like chaff. Lets

But were any of them able to hit with the force equal to 133.5X Immortal Hercules strength? The Hulk took this hit to his intestines. That would arguably be the weakest part of his body besides maybe the eyes. We can argue in circles on whether or not Despero would be able to take control of the Hulk in the state that he was in after his return from Sakaar, but there really isn't any proof, just like there is no proof that J'onn could defeat Xavier in a TP battle that took place on the Astral Plane.

All we have left that is a certainty is an immanent physical confrontation. Aquaman was able to send Despero reeling, Lobo sent him reeling, and Hawkman the weakest of the bunch sent him reeling.

The Hulk was snuffing out large planets with real gravity like the were made of cake and pudding. He beat up two Savage Hulk level foes on Earth that were amplified 1000X greater than base according to citation. This was all before he completely let loose after he'd gotten to the Dark Dimension. By the end of the HOTM story, he had grown significantly more powerful than when he was when he was flattening planets.

Bi-Beast is probably stronger than Aquaman having taken on She Hulk and the Merged Professor Hulk. He was unable to even register while hitting the Hulk. Wendigo's claws slid harmlessly off of his skin. While Despero was affected by near pears of these guys in strength.

How can you even begin to compare them in terms of physical might? The Hulk in this case blows him out of the water. I have to crash, but seriously think about it.

Last edited by Stoic on Nov 15th, 2017 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:11 AM
Raisen

Chillin is exactly what Ive been doing here. I've been on leave the last week at twin waters on the sunshine coast taking the kids sailing, Kayaking, and other sports daily.

This shit isnt serious and never was. I just needed something for my brain to do, theres a limit to how much vegging out you can take and not go mental

true. I get that

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:15 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Good to know, so in your opinion a lobo goimg hard (as he stated) is onntje same level as red she hulk, Wendigo, and Bi-beast. Will remember for the next Lovo vs thread.

I guess Abhi was right and Lobo's nowhere near Supes level.

Red She Hulk amps in power the other do not which is why she wasn't turned to dust like Bi-Beast. Red Hulk's borrow power so you may want to keep that in mind if you bring them up. The Wishing Well allowed for Betty to keep pace with the Hulk because if not for it, she would have reached her max, and begun to overheat like Ross did when he simultaneously fought Savage Hulk and Thor. Lobo is extremely strong, but he isn't Superman strong. J'onn strong is closer to his level.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:21 AM