KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs World War Hulk and Thanos

Superman vs World War Hulk and Thanos
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doomsday is not Hulk, or Thanos.

Using him as an analogue is....strange.

Yeah, OK. I didn't say anything about making Thanos and Hulk as weak as possible.

Pertinent scans?

Here is She-Hulk, mashing his face up:
https://s5.postimg.org/wjvqmd9p3/RCO008_1468895677.jpg

Here is Ben Grimm, doing the same:
https://s5.postimg.org/59afegm7r/RCO020_1468895677.jpg

Superman punches Death in the face:
https://i.imgur.com/qlps21z.jpg

Here is Storm, blowing him away:
https://s5.postimg.org/lkajarqzr/RCO015_1468895677.jpg

Here is Superman, blowing. Hard, lol. Freezing the brain of a planet (and...taking the quick and easy way out):
https://i.imgur.com/xXAqWpB.jpg

A whisper from BB threw WWH back, and made him bleed:
https://s5.postimg.org/ptf9czjzb/RCO008_1468895845.jpg

Superman....tbh, I don't know WTF this is, lol. But again, showcasing his intelligence:
(please log in to view the image)
https://i.imgur.com/46SMCFb.jpg

And again:

Btw, here he is chucking Bizarro (who is pretty speedy himself) into space:
https://i.imgur.com/3g6kjez.jpg

A guy who gets stronger the longer a battle goes on? How to deal with him?
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...96334-17848.jpg

Now, I know FULL well what happened after those scans. WWH looked at them, and then beat the shit out of them, lol.

But my point is, they all did so, with one punch. Ben and She-Hulk are hardly top tiers in strength, or speed. BB has never...whatever it is that Superman did at 18THz, lol, or with DS. Multiple punches, at Superman level? At the levels the OP has set Superman at (the main important point)?

And in fact, as I have shown, he does INDEED blow into town and wrap things up like turkeys. As seen with Parasite. As seen with the Elite:
https://s5.postimg.org/cp9p0jzpz/RCO034_1469652385.jpg

He flies in at speed, separates teams, and fights them one on one if needed. Adn targets those who get stronger the more time goes on.

As Superman himself says:

Nicely done. thumb up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 11:50 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

DS. The part about the Thing busting the Hulk's face open was more or less artistic rendition. Andrea Devito sketched portions of WW Hulk, and he didn't sketch the Hulk getting nearly as bloodied up as Romita Jr. did. Just something to keep in mind. Aside from that, you brought up some very good points.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 01:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
DS. The part about the Thing busting the Hulk's face open was more or less artistic rendition. Andrea Devito sketched portions of WW Hulk, and he didn't sketch the Hulk getting nearly as bloodied up as Romita Jr. did. Just something to keep in mind. Aside from that, you brought up some very good points.

are u suggesting it isnt valid?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 01:43 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
are u suggesting it isnt valid?

Not really considering that the Juggernaut hits a lot harder than either She Hulk, or the Thing and they were pretty much one shot. Cain left far less visible damage on the Hulk.

In this instance yes, artistic rendition had a lot to do with it. I'd throw it out as it has very little validity. If Devito drew it, the Hulk would have stood there without sustaining any damage at all IMO. Did you see the Hulk rocked by the Thing or She Hulk's punches? I didn't.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 03:43 AM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Yeah.

Because Hulk powers aren't the same than Manchester Black ?

Please prove that Hulk's powers can be taken out by burning a specific part of his brain in the first place. laughing out loud

1) Please prove that Hulk's powers can be taken out by burning a specific part of his brain in the first place.

2) Prove that Superman can go through Hulk's tissues with a laser as weak as the one he used against Manchester Black aka a laser surgery with the good energy output while being punched by Hulk in the face.

I'm glad that you are bringing the healing factor which will negate the effects of the HV near-instantly.

And bias and lacks of knowledge and understanding of the characters. That's sad.

Thanos drops Superman with TP. ^^

TP? You're THIS desperate? I'll take that as the utter concession that Thanos cannot defeat Superman physically for a majority that it clearly is.. Oh, ansd thanos' TP is nowhere near powerful enough to defeat Superman's defenses and willpower.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 04:35 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Not really considering that the Juggernaut hits a lot harder than either She Hulk, or the Thing and they were pretty much one shot. Cain left far less visible damage on the Hulk.

In this instance yes, artistic rendition had a lot to do with it. I'd throw it out as it has very little validity. If Devito drew it, the Hulk would have stood there without sustaining any damage at all IMO. Did you see the Hulk rocked by the Thing or She Hulk's punches? I didn't.

We cant just brush aside showings though. Its not like Jen or Ben are weak or that Hulk has that type of durability

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 04:51 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos will backhand Superman effortlessly...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:17 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah but I'm taking the WWH storyline here,which arguably has more validity on...well,WWH lol.

Colossus also drew blood.

You can't just ignore it because of the art. It's comics, lol - art is pretty much what makes it.

Long story short, people below average Superman busted WWHs face, hurt him with sonics, affected him with wind etc.

And that's average, let alone Superman with only high showings allowed.

In short, this entire thread is a bit of a bait thread, cleverly disguised. Cdtm I think wanted to see who would crawl out of the woodwork (not you, btw) and argue for the team, despite it being so heavily weighted in Supermans favour.

And it was swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:29 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Yeah but I'm taking the WWH storyline here,which arguably has more validity on...well,WWH lol.

You can't just ignore it because of the art. It's comics, lol - art is pretty much what makes it.

Long story short, people below average Superman busted WWHs face, hurt him with sonics, affected him with wind etc.

In short, this entire thread is a bit of a bait thread, cleverly disguised. Cdtm I think wanted to see who would crawl out of the woodwork (not you, btw) and argue for the team, despite it being so heavily weighted in Supermans favour.

Romita made things a lot bloodier due to his type of artistic rendition.
Other artists wouldn't have, nor was the Hulk even rocked, so let's not
make more of it than it really was okay, because I'm pretty sure that
many people who love to low ball will join you in the bloody nose fest.

Gotta go to work. check on it later. If it's not closed by then lol.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:38 AM
DarkSaint85

Fair enough.

What about the scenes where WWH and Sentry are fighting? Hulk looks like he's grabbing energy, which has been used before....does that mean it can be ignored as Romita can't really draw?

A counter point to me (I argue with myself a lot lol) is the fight with Zom Strange. He was blowing giant holes in WWH- should that too be ignored?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:42 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did Abhi ever show up?

Can't help but notice not all that many Superman fanboys dogpiled on here.. (LOB, and even he's subdued.) Which honestly makes me look like the worst one of all at this point, and make it look like Abhi deserves an apology. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 4th, 2017 at 03:34 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 03:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Fanaticism doesn't deserve praise it deserves mockery.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 03:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112

thumb up

You may not be making the point you think you're making here, but thanks for the reply. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 03:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
thumb up

You may not be making the point you think you're making here, but thanks for the reply. smile
You need to come back to reality. DC has been rejected by the world. Dr. strange might make more world wide than their infamous team. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 03:42 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Fair enough.

What about the scenes where WWH and Sentry are fighting? Hulk looks like he's grabbing energy, which has been used before....does that mean it can be ignored as Romita can't really draw?

A counter point to me (I argue with myself a lot lol) is the fight with Zom Strange. He was blowing giant holes in WWH- should that too be ignored?

Zom, and Sentry were true heavy hitters. Hulk literally one shot She Hulk, Ares, and broke Pete's arms. You just have to be reasonable is all. Zom would give Superman hell any day of the week. Also we shouldn't be making this about a fight with the Hulk when Thanos is also there. What gets me is the need to use a Hulk that was drastically holding back. Beating this Hulk for another heavy hitter would be the shallowest of victories. Well, Thanos really has no low showings that I can think of, so good luck.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 04:35 PM
h1a8

Thanos has a ton of low showings, but we shouldn't consider them at all.
Superman wins this fight primarily because of the speed and perception difference. He not only perceives them in still motion but can move more than 5 ft before they can move 5 inches. Imagine that.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 05:06 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Thanos will backhand Superman effortlessly...

.. are those supposed to be particularly impressive, or anything?

Superman has one-shotted more impressive characters. Cry about it.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 05:25 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
burrrrrr

Originally posted by cdtm
Coming from LOB, that means something.

Not sure what that something is, exactly.

It means that security at the pound is seriously lacking.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 05:31 PM
burrrrrr is currently offline Click here to Send burrrrrr a Private Message Find more posts by burrrrrr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112

True

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 06:01 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by burrrrrr
It means that security at the pound is seriously lacking.

PEASANTS LIKE YOU SHOULD SHUT THEIR TRAMP MOUTH INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING ME!!!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 07:00 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote