KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ares & Steppenwolf Vs Thor & Hulk

Ares & Steppenwolf Vs Thor & Hulk
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
According to the director, Wonder Woman is around 800 years old in her movie and 900 by the modern DCEU.

I guess, lifting that motorcycle? He's still far stronger than what it would take to lift that stone slab. Far stronger. And if that slab fell on him? He'd be far from crushed.

What? They were kept in chains as slaves and had a massive revolt which inspired their tenant to leave man's world. How does that mean little? They aren't a dozen vs. a few hundred. They're hundreds of them and their army (As we've seen) in full force would've rivaled any rival province of Greece could've assembled at the time.

The Amazon are not normal women. I just said, they're Olympic level athletes. Superhuman though? That flies in the face of everything we know about them. We've seen even Hippolyta and her sister face off against regular men, and they're the elite.....

This doesn't even change anything in the thread. Steppenwolf running through Olympic level women or MAYBE slightly enhanced doesn't matter at the level we're playing at here. Parademons have pushed Steppenwolf back twice and they're just psychotic humans. He's weak sauce. It just irritates me that you guys throw out logic because you think that one scene retcons everything we know about Amazon's lol.

Women that can lift at least 5 tons you mean and jump over 20ft through the air. I guess that is Olympic level to you. Are are so extremely bias.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 06:00 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Women that can lift at least 5 tons you mean and jump over 20ft through the air. I guess that is Olympic level to you. Are are so extremely bias.

Says the guy that tried to downplay Cap punching through the glass of a highly advanced sub by calling it a toy-sub.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 06:03 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

How am I biased? Whether they can lift 5 tons or 500 pounds changes nothing in this thread against characters like Thor/Hulk.

But I am logical and calling Amazons multitonners flys in the face of everything we know about them.

20 feet into the air? When? Diana's aunt needed a huge lift to get up to like maybe 10? Is that the scene?

Also lift at least 5 tons? WTF are you smoking. Average soldiers get pack up after being throat punched by them...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 07:27 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

How am I biased? Whether they can lift 5 tons or 500 pounds changes nothing in this thread against characters like Thor/Hulk.

But I am logical and calling Amazons multitonners flys in the face of everything we know about them.

20 feet into the air? When? Diana's aunt needed a huge lift to get up to like maybe 10? Is that the scene?

Also lift at least 5 tons? WTF are you smoking. Average soldiers get pack up after being throat punched by them...

Comics and Fiction ALWAYS have contradictions in science. You act as this shit has happened in real life and that there are no contradictions.
Amazons were meant to be above human. Otherwise, they couldn't even be able to begin to brace that stone wall nor be immortal. Spider-Man of all characters can be hurt by almost anything that can hurt a comic human (bullets, knives, punches to the throat, etc).

You are extremely biased because you said that they were Olympic level. Instead of just arguing that their low superhuman strength is irrelevant anyway. That is phucking ridiculous.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 08:40 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Says the guy that tried to downplay Cap punching through the glass of a highly advanced sub by calling it a toy-sub.

It wasn't a real sized submarine. It was much smaller (hence toy like).

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 08:42 PM
Silent Master

It wasn't a real sized submarine. It was much smaller (hence toy like).

Per Howard Stark it was a highly advanced sub, you calling it a toy was just an obvious attempt to low-ball the feat. like you always do.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 08:52 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Per Howard Stark it was a highly advanced sub, you calling it a toy was just an obvious attempt to low-ball the feat. like you always do.

Advanced in what way? In durability? Or because they were able to create a sub that small in the 1940s? It certainly wouldn't be advanced now.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 08:54 PM
Silent Master

Advanced in what way? In durability? Or because they were able to create a sub that small in the 1940s? It certainly wouldn't be advanced now.

Doesn't change the fact that you were calling it a toy in an attempt to low-ball the feat.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 09:00 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

What do you think is the difference in durability from a 5 inch thick 20 square foot slab of steel and a 5 inch thick 10 sqaure foot slab of steel?

You think size would make one less durrable than the other?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 09:06 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You can put Cap in that category too. He's not much different compared to Arnold. Black Widow is not superhuman in any way in strength.

You are completely bias towards Marvel. You downplay DC feats and over exaggerate Marvel feats (sometimes to the point of complete falsity).

Except Cap consistently operates at way higher levels than these other guys. How often do you see one of them hold a helicopter from lifting off or tear a log with their bare hands or punch a submarine window.

As for me being biased towards Marvel, guess you missed all those times I backed up a DC character over a Marvel one huh? Like Deathstroke over Cap, Superman over regular Thor, Steppenwolf over Hulk, etc.

But I guess since you're so heavily biased towards DC, you'd only notice me when I go up against DC.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 09:32 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
Except Cap consistently operates at way higher levels than these other guys. How often do you see one of them hold a helicopter from lifting off or tear a log with their bare hands or punch a submarine window.

As for me being biased towards Marvel, guess you missed all those times I backed up a DC character over a Marvel one huh? Like Deathstroke over Cap, Superman over regular Thor, Steppenwolf over Hulk, etc.

But I guess since you're so heavily biased towards DC, you'd only notice me when I go up against DC.

Cap has what 5 movies? And amazons, what 2? He's not consistently anything.

Holding a helicopter is less than 5 tons.
Ripping a log, again is less than 5 tons
Punching the submarine window is unquantifiable.

So even with those feats, Cap doesn't operate way higher.

I'm biased towards speed and skill. I will vote for any character, regardless of the company, if they have those in trumps. I always put Fox QS ahead of anyone (including all Flashes).

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:12 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Cap has what 5 movies? And amazons, what 2? He's not consistently anything.

Holding a helicopter is less than 5 tons.
Ripping a log, again is less than 5 tons
Punching the submarine window is unquantifiable.

So even with those feats, Cap doesn't operate way higher.

I'm biased towards speed and skill. I will vote for any character, regardless of the company, if they have those in trumps. I always put Fox QS ahead of anyone (including all Flashes).

I seriously hope you never get into a street fight. Because you'd then realize that speed and skill is not the only things that will factor in a fight.

As for claiming these feats are less than 5 tons... everybody here knows that you invent numbers and formulas at random. Nobody takes your numbers seriously. The amazons have no feats that consistently put them in Cap's league. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:15 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Inhuman
What do you think is the difference in durability from a 5 inch thick 20 square foot slab of steel and a 5 inch thick 10 sqaure foot slab of steel?

You think size would make one less durrable than the other?

A portable vehicle could be made of lightweight materials.
Basically the feat is unquantifiable, unless you use Cap's upper end punching power in other feats to determine the durability of the glass.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:16 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I'm biased towards speed and skill. I will vote for any character, regardless of the company, if they have those in trumps.

You think a much faster more skilled feather weight boxer can win 10/10 vs. a much slower not as skilled heavy weight boxer?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 01:06 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Inhuman
You think a much faster more skilled feather weight boxer can win 10/10 vs. a much slower not as skilled heavy weight boxer?

No because the feather weight is not fast enough. For speed to be highly effective, one must be at least 3x faster.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 02:19 AM
MrMind

team 1

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 03:26 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Comics and Fiction ALWAYS have contradictions in science. You act as this shit has happened in real life and that there are no contradictions.
Amazons were meant to be above human. Otherwise, they couldn't even be able to begin to brace that stone wall nor be immortal. Spider-Man of all characters can be hurt by almost anything that can hurt a comic human (bullets, knives, punches to the throat, etc).

You are extremely biased because you said that they were Olympic level. Instead of just arguing that their low superhuman strength is irrelevant anyway. That is phucking ridiculous.

What does that have to do with anything?

Where? What about them screams that they were intended to be physically superior to man? They were superior in general because of their nobility and duty to the Gods but that's it. Again, their entire origin revolves about them being ENSLAVED in bronze age chains.

You keep harping on them failing to hold up a block of stone that was supported by two wooden beams for like 2.5 seconds and act like they're superhuman when 2 minutes later an Amazon was crushed to death and stuck from a knocked over horse....

I think them Olympic level is VERY fair. They were are incredibly acrobatic and stronger than the average woman. What about that is unfair or biased? If you put an Amazon against depowered Thor from the first movie, he'd beat the shit out of an Amazon and their would be no stat disadvantage. Based on that, I would not place them as flat out superhuman. Maybe enhanced. But only enhanced by real life standards, not comic book standards where Black Widow, a non-enhanced is ridiculous compared to real life standards.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 07:24 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Where? What about them screams that they were intended to be physically superior to man? They were superior in general because of their nobility and duty to the Gods but that's it. Again, their entire origin revolves about them being ENSLAVED in bronze age chains.

You keep harping on them failing to hold up a block of stone that was supported by two wooden beams for like 2.5 seconds and act like they're superhuman when 2 minutes later an Amazon was crushed to death and stuck from a knocked over horse....

I think them Olympic level is VERY fair. They were are incredibly acrobatic and stronger than the average woman. What about that is unfair or biased? If you put an Amazon against depowered Thor from the first movie, he'd beat the shit out of an Amazon and their would be no stat disadvantage. Based on that, I would not place them as flat out superhuman. Maybe enhanced. But only enhanced by real life standards, not comic book standards where Black Widow, a non-enhanced is ridiculous compared to real life standards.

How can a Olympic human hold something that's over 10 tons for a few seconds? A human couldn't even brace 2 tons, let alone a woman.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 08:44 PM
TheGrat1

If you put two depowered Thors under that stone door they would be crushed flat with no resistance. That stone slab was the weight of an empty city bus. Olympic level my foot.

Antiope was one-shotting Deutchlanders with her strikes. Average women can not do that. 6 amazons were slowing Steppenwolf down. Do you honestly believe 6 shot-putters can slow down a guy that can casually perform a 2,640 foot broad jump? (I seriously want you to answer this)

Yeah, I'm sure Steppenwolf's attack that killed the horse (a 1 ton animal) and made it land on her had nothing to do with her not getting up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your headcanon and theories about their enslavement mean little in the face of on screen feats.

I do not think I am saying anything crazy here. The multi-ton range is, at least to me, more than 1 but less than 4. That is consistent with 2 amazons being able to momentarily support a 10.5 ton slab before giving out. Captain America is around a 5-6 tonner imo for comparison.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 08:48 PM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So if Amazons are capable of lifting 10 tons or so, how come they can't lift a horse off someone?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 09:19 PM