KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Worst film of the year (2017)

Worst film of the year (2017)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Mummy and Snowman.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:01 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Justice League , easy.

Considering it’s budget was almost 3x as most as that of the Mummy

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 12:06 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Guillermo del toro was offered the reins of the Dark Universe and turned it down

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-dark-universe/

would've done better with him being a fan of all things monster's

I really like Del Toro, but also hate him, he could really excel with the Dark Universe and make it awesome, but He keeps wasting his time with these stupid romantic borefests.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 06:30 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I really like Del Toro, but also hate him, he could really excel with the Dark Universe and make it awesome, but He keeps wasting his time with these stupid romantic borefests.

laughing out loud I agree that he can be a little hit or miss. Pacific Rim is surprisingly awesome. Crimson Peak was visually nice, but otherwise just sort of okay. I'm looking forward to seeing The Shape of Water, though.

He'd probably demand too much budget. That's apparently the reason Hellboy 3 is never going to happen.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 06:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Yeah, the Mummy was pretty bad too... Power Rangers I liked enough to give it a pass, but hope the sequel does some things better.

Still haven’t seen Justice League yet. Just been putting it off with other things I’ve been invested in for awhile, but will probably get it out of the way sometime before Star Wars.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 07:55 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Actually, scratch that. There was another film I watched that was an even bigger stinker. The latest Transformers film. What a giant pile of shit.

Now why do you have to go ahead and remind us that the movie even exist? I learned my lesson watching the last movie, with the ****ing dinosaur, and as far as I'm concerned that is where that movie franchise just ends thumb up

On a more serious note, how bad was it?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 09:10 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Forgot about Transformers. At least it was better than the last one.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 09:12 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Zack M
Forgot about Transformers. At least it was better than the last one.

That i agree with

looking forward to the Bumblebee movie next year, Could potentially be better then what Bay has put out.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 12:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Justice League , easy.

Considering it’s budget was almost 3x as most as that of the Mummy
Mummy was way worse than the Justice League. Quit trying to be edgy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 12:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Utrigita
Now why do you have to go ahead and remind us that the movie even exist? I learned my lesson watching the last movie, with the ****ing dinosaur, and as far as I'm concerned that is where that movie franchise just ends thumb up

On a more serious note, how bad was it?

I thought it was really bad. Because it was just more of the same cliches, awkward one-liners that didn't really land, and extended sequences of giant robots just tumbling around while everything falls apart around them. I also found the young girl, who I think is supposed to be spunky yet endearing, to be extremely annoying. And Anthony Hopkins' character seemed to switch between crazy and sane from scene to scene. Thee movie also contradicts its own canon, established during these films, more than once.

The only upsides to the film were that it implies a certain character I despise is dead, and I thought the flashback Bumblebee stuff was interesting. And the Bumblebee clip is probably on youtube by now, so people can skip the film and just watch that.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 03:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote