KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 42 43 [44]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

This discussion in a nutshell:
quote:
Goober: "if a book i like says the law is a sin, i don't have to follow the law"
Idol: "the biook doesn't say the law is sin"
Me: that's not the f***king point!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 01:14 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
If I'm going to indulge the idea that it would be a sin to make the custom-ordered cakes for both LGBTQ customers to use in their wicked celebrations, then how is the situation any different by selling them pre-made cakes to use for the exact same events? Why would it not be a sin to sell them pre-made cakes identical to the ones requested?

It sounds like he refused to work for gays and transgenders out of spite, yet still wanted to make a sale, so he offered them cakes he'd already made.

Because if he's selling them something pre-made, then he made the cake with a clear conscience. He wasn't focusing his God given talents in support of anything specific.

You're acting as though gays/trans events are the only thing he won't make a cake for when you accuse him of spite. He won't create cakes that disparage people(hate cakes so to speak), he won't create adult themed cakes, he won't create Halloween cakes. This isn't something that he just uses to pick on the LGBTQ community. He serves all people, but he won't send all messages.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 19th, 2018 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 02:03 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...rump-travel-ban

Huh. Article implies the court decision in favor of the baker, is a round about way to strike down Trumps travel ban, on the basis of "religious animus".

Sneaky, if that's the case.

Edit: I realize this article is dated, and the ban didn't play out like it claimed. But this could explain why the D's went along with a "Religious hostility" defense for the baker. Sets a precedent to protect everyone's religion from governmental hostility, like Muslims against Trump..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 19th, 2018 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 02:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
If I'm going to indulge the idea that it would be a sin to make the custom-ordered cakes for both LGBTQ customers to use in their wicked celebrations, then how is the situation any different by selling them pre-made cakes to use for the exact same events? Why would it not be a sin to sell them pre-made cakes identical to the ones requested?

It sounds like he refused to work for gays and transgenders out of spite, yet still wanted to make a sale, so he offered them cakes he'd already made.

This is a damn good point.

And it finally feels like a contradiction to biblical Christian teachings.

I am unsure how using his artistic skills to decorate a groom-groom cake is any different than the pre-made, generic wedding cakes he sells in his shop. Selling those is still going to support the gay-homosex-buttsexuals. They will use it as part of their marriage "rites and traditions."

This is why I think, if you're trying to be like Christ, you wouldn't turn them away at all. You'd give them a loving lesson on doing righteousness in all things, deliver the best damn cake, and remind them to spend less on the wedding and give the extra to the poor when you delivered the cake.

Anyway, yes, you win the thread, Eternal Idol. thumb up

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 04:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm guessing he thinks the sin is making something specifically for a gay event.

Then again wait you can't inject logic into this kinda shit.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 04:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is why I think, if you're trying to be like Christ, you wouldn't turn them away at all. You'd give them a loving lesson on doing righteousness in all things, deliver the best damn cake, and remind them to spend less on the wedding and give the extra to the poor when you delivered the cake.

I agree, but I don't think it should be forced.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 07:27 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by cdtm
[B]https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...rump-travel-ban

Huh. Article implies the court decision in favor of the baker, is a round about way to strike down Trumps travel ban, on the basis of "religious animus".

That sets a bad precedent...

If a law not aligning with a religion renders it unconstitutional, then alot of laws can be rendered invalid because of "religious animus".

There's no reason to bring "religious animus' into a law about freedom over your own property.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:01 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

"Religious Animus"??

That is a new one.

Could it also work if we us it in other ways? Like with Transgender Animus?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:03 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is a damn good point.

And it finally feels like a contradiction to biblical Christian teachings.

I am unsure how using his artistic skills to decorate a groom-groom cake is any different than the pre-made, generic wedding cakes he sells in his shop. Selling those is still going to support the gay-homosex-buttsexuals. They will use it as part of their marriage "rites and traditions."

Anyway, yes, you win the thread, Eternal Idol. thumb up

I think Eternal is saying this baker is actually Jewish...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 04:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Robtard
I think Eternal is saying this baker is actually Jewish...

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:48 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote