KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beat my Mimic using your Mimic

Beat my Mimic using your Mimic
Started by: zopzop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
He also already has some experience with telepathy.

Yeah but my guy's mimic too, I have the same experience plus what I get from Sage so I'm still ahead in skill.

Last edited by darthgoober on Dec 9th, 2017 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:39 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but my guy's mimic too, I have the same experience plus what I get from Sage so I'm still ahead in skill.

That was the point.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:42 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

That was the point.

Oh ok, I thought you were pointing out that his guy would be able use more than basic telepathy so I wouldn't have an advantage.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:45 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

You know when you get right down to it, making Sage a permanent part of his powerset would have been the smartest move Mimic could have done. It would have made him a truckload more effective.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:47 PM
krisblaze

Yeah, telepathic immunity + supersmarts.

But that immunity is mainly because she chose to play it that way. Iirc she was just a standard telepath, so there's a possibility that he would just get run of the mill telepathy.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 09:03 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Yeah, telepathic immunity + supersmarts.

But that immunity is mainly because she chose to play it that way. Iirc she was just a standard telepath, so there's a possibility that he would just get run of the mill telepathy.

Oh I didn't mean for the telepathy so much as for the added control of other powers. One reoccurring theme among most mutants is that they don't actually use their powers to their full potential so with Sage he could prob do most of what the other mutants can do at full power even though he only had them at half strength.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:27 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by darthgoober
Sage
Exodus
White Queen
Psylock
Rachel Grey

Mimic can "stack" powers for increased effectiveness as he's demonstrated by stacking healing factors. This means that my mimic would have a significant advantage as far as psychic "raw power". Also, as far as I know Mimic doesn't actually gain any skill as far as utilizing his powers so your guy would only be able to use all his powers at their most basic levels. On the other hand my guy still has some off Sage's innate skill at figuring out just how powers work best. More raw power+greater skill using my psi powers means I that I just strait up overwhelm your defenses and shut your mind down easy peasy.

Yup. I remember this when he stacked Deadpool and Wolverine's HF. But I still think my guy wins. He can hold out for a split second or more then crush you using Magneto's power or tp a few tons of sand in your stomach using Blink's power.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 11:51 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

He had half of their powers. Example, he had Colossus strength and ability to turn to Steel. He had North star speed and ability of shooting light blast. He also had human torch full (50%) power as well. He had Wolverine healing abilities, senses, and Claws.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 12:57 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. I remember this when he stacked Deadpool and Wolverine's HF. But I still think my guy wins. He can hold out for a split second or more then crush you using Magneto's power or tp a few tons of sand in your stomach using Blink's power.

I just don't see it happening. My guy would be the most powerful non plot device level psi in the world with a brain that ran 1/2 as fast as Sage's. Mounting any kind of defense whatsoever would require your guy's absolute full attention. I see relatively few characters that could avoid a virtually instant mind shutdown against such an onslaught. Even if such a thing were possible, he'd be just as at risk against the combined 1/2 TK of Rachel Grey and Exodus.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:34 AM
carver9

Best Mimic scene ever...

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 02:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Re: Beat my Mimic using your Mimic

We'll be using Exiles Mimic. To those of you unfamiliar with him, he can mimic any superhuman's abilities but at only 50% effectiveness/power. He can have up to 5 superhumans copied at a time MAX.

My Mimic's copying the following superhumans :
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

He can overcome or initiate BFR (thanks to Blink), he has protection from or he can initiate mental attacks (thanks to Prof X), he has respectable physical stats (thanks to Colossus) backed up by shielding and other exotic abilities, like flight and blasting (thanks to Magneto and Cannonball).

mr. sinister
leech
multiple man
magik
cable

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 03:27 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Where are you finding Hungarian scans carv?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 04:32 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Where are you finding Hungarian scans carv?

Apparently Comicvine. I saw that scan there.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 04:37 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

We'll be using Exiles Mimic. To those of you unfamiliar with him, he can mimic any superhuman's abilities but at only 50% effectiveness/power. He can have up to 5 superhumans copied at a time MAX.

My Mimic's copying the following superhumans :
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink
Colossus

He can overcome or initiate BFR (thanks to Blink), he has protection from or he can initiate mental attacks (thanks to Prof X), he has respectable physical stats (thanks to Colossus) backed up by shielding and other exotic abilities, like flight and blasting (thanks to Magneto and Cannonball).

My Mimic:

Mimic
Magneto
Prof X
Cannonball
Blink

I have 50% of all those mutants, so just as powerful as you....BUT I have an additional 50% from stacking Mimic on.

So I can copy 75% of those mutants (original 50% plus 1/2 of 50%, i.e. 25%).

So I am better at TP than you, faster, and crucially, better at magnetism than you. So your Colossus powers would mean you're my pinball.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 09:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

My Mimic is

Mimic
Mimic
Mimic
Mimic
Mimic

Now I copy your powers to 125%

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Last edited by Parmaniac on Sep 14th, 2018 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 09:37 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sounds like some very perverse game...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 09:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote