KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Luke vs Rey Duel...

The Luke vs Rey Duel...
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

And Luke had more then enough time to consider if he uses the force against her or not. Thanks for the movie. Now I would say, from what we have seen, Luke> Snoke > Kylo > Rey. A Snoke vs Luke fight would have been awesome though. Anyway, the movie isn't as bad as I expected, a solid 2/5.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

lol 2/5 IS bad thats only 40% bro laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 09:58 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Even when he was floored, I’m sure he could have TK’d her and her weapon as easily as Snoke did.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

most definitely, Luke was in control the whole time or did everyone miss how he stopped his fall with the force??

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:21 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Hated this stupid scene that further assassinated Luke's character.

We shouldn't have to justify this shit. Luke should've whooped her stick to the side casually and beat her ass like the little nobody she is. She's had a lightsabre and trained against a rock for 3 days. Everything we know about this universe cements skill/hard work/training as the greatest asset with a strong force potential. But Rey might as well be Yoda. Blah blah he wasn't trying too hard, he was in control etc. Sounds like some bullshit rationalizing. She embarrassed a weak old man shameful of his past. It wasn't Luke Skywalker, but it's what she did. It's f*cking stupid. Never left a movie more irritated and I'm a Thor fan that had to sit through the Dark World. God.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 18th, 2017 at 05:26 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

There is nothing to justify. It's wasn't even a fight. Luke was beating her ass casually until she wiped out a saber. Had he wanted to, I have no doubt that he could have beat her ass then as well but he was simply shocked that she would resort to such aggression so quickly.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:38 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
There is nothing to justify. It's wasn't even a fight. Luke was beating her ass casually until she wiped out a saber. Had he wanted to, I have no doubt that he could have beat her ass then as well but he was simply shocked that she would resort to such aggression so quickly.

thumb up I don't understand why this is even an issue

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by relentless1
lol 2/5 IS bad thats only 40% bro laughing out loud

Yeah 4/10, the same rating I gave TPM. But I expected an 2/10 tbh.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

ares is correct here. It doesn't mean anything. If Luke was so "shocked" or "beaten", why was he able to use the force to prevent himself from falling to the ground roughly.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 10:18 PM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

The scene was not about the fight IMO - it had a deeper meaning. The Skywalker line has always had anger management issues. When Luke disarmed Rey, she lost her temper and pulled the lightsaber and forced Luke to the ground. He could have easily crushed her without a weapon, but why didn't he?

There is a possible message in the scene . . .

War Doctor

Last edited by Darth Truculent on Dec 19th, 2017 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Does anyone seriously think that the fight would have had the same outcome if serious Luke who hadn't cut himself from the Force and hid on an island in shame to die? No? Then it isn't good for anything but an extreme lower limit on his abilities.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:44 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hated this stupid scene that further assassinated Luke's character.

We shouldn't have to justify this shit. Luke should've whooped her stick to the side casually and beat her ass like the little nobody she is. She's had a lightsabre and trained against a rock for 3 days. Everything we know about this universe cements skill/hard work/training as the greatest asset with a strong force potential. But Rey might as well be Yoda. Blah blah he wasn't trying too hard, he was in control etc. Sounds like some bullshit rationalizing. She embarrassed a weak old man shameful of his past. It wasn't Luke Skywalker, but it's what she did. It's f*cking stupid. Never left a movie more irritated and I'm a Thor fan that had to sit through the Dark World. God.

Yet, the only rationalizing legitimately sounds like it is coming from you to paint it as Luke's character being "assassinated."

I urge you to watch that scene again, where Luke is in complete control of the fight. He gets bonked on the head and when they engage, he not only hits her once effortlessly (if that were a saber, she's dead) but deflects her attacks with ease and disarms her, forcing her to elevate the fight by getting angry and pulling a lightsaber towards her and that maneuver shocks Luke, which ends the fight.

In not a single moment when they are dueling does Rey even remotely have the upper hand.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote