KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Last Jedi Ending detail

The Last Jedi Ending detail
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samappo

Gheez how old are you guys xD

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 02:15 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
@Lucien my whole point is that the potential is useful to predict current ability, not that it's intrinsically important. It's a statistical correlate that you can use to guess at a fuzzy variable (current ability for ST characters who don't have many feats). We use this in formal systems like machine learning all the time, and informally when you make guesses based on intuitions and other random stuff. You might remember stuff like this from stat class back when you had black/blond/whatever hair.
Stat class? Pff, I was a liberal arts/humanities student. Ain't got no time for useful things. Blond, btw.

I'll give it to you that for analyzing current magic powers, using potential as a stand-in variable for determining ability is better than nothing at all. But I also think that it's vague and isn't defined by anything, so I would prefer to say "Who knows!" and then also "Who f*cking cares!"

But then I'm drowned out by unbridled fandom and an excess of computer time before mom turns the lights out. To wit:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samappo
Gheez how old are you guys xD
Young. Shut up.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote