KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Who should be allowed to vote?

Who should be allowed to vote?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Yes, and? Grow a sac and say your point. Go on smile

FFS, I even underlined the important bits for you. Still you fail to grasp. Moving on.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:27 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
FFS, I even underlined the important bits for you. Still you fail to grasp. Moving on.

So don't run your mouth if you can't say what you mean. Next.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:31 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Tzeentch
They are earned by paying taxes, you dip.

Not everyone pays taxes.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 01:12 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
laugh: Restricting voting rights are what dictators do. Protecting and expanding voting rights is the opposite of the kind of act that would make me worthy of being a "supreme leader."

You dodged my point entirely, Pol Pot. You equated education with corruption. Don't dodge because you don't like it that you're bedfellow is Pol Pot.

Indeed, so now explain to me why only representing the needs of the educated would make our populace more educated?

So only the educated can be informed voters, eh? So now you think only the educated can be informed voters, eh? My position: the educated can be woefully ignorant voters, too.

If the government wants an educated populace, then educate the populace.

This is your red herring point, not mine. I want an informed electorate. You think education = corruption. Not sure how much of an idiot one has to be to argue against my position with your point....

Fact: This is a non-sequitir

Sure, if you're an idiot, it would seem like that. Just take a wild guess why I would bring up corruption in the US as it relates to exactly what I quoted and responded to...go ahead...you may be intelligent enough to figure out why it is not non-sequitur.

Which is why I argued that it should represent the people, not that it does.

Great, so are you also willing to admit that you equating education with corruption was also a very stupid thing to do?

Actually, I've argued the opposite saying we do need to change it by expanding the right of voting,

Expand to whom? Criminals, minorities, and illegal immigrants?

getting rid of lobies,

thumb up

getting rid of superpacs,

thumb up

But how?

getting rid of partisan gerrymandering,

How about just getting rid of gerrymandering?

and making sure that in national elections, all people are given equal representation.

What does this even mean? Explain what you mean.

That's what any true liberal would advocate for.

Oh no, not the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

It is clearly not what "any true liberal" would advocate.

Advocating for oligarchy is taking away freedoms from the many and giving it to the few.

"a government in which a small group exercises control especially for corrupt and selfish purposes "

And when did I advocate for an oligarchy? Keep in mind, I wasn't the one who thinks education = corruption.

It would seem you are the conservative here.

How so? What exactly am I advocating we conserve in the current political system as it pertains to this particular topic?

Naturally you don't respond to what I say, so you draw up a strawman arguing the exact opposite of what I've advocated for.

You're just upset because I clearly pointed out how your position is quite tacitly a conservative one. You've since just parroted things that myself and others have said over the years, after I pointed out how you're acting like a conservative.

What's the matter, you feel insulted by being labeled a conservative so you have to over-compensate?

Right, now explain to my us having an oligarchy makes us having an oligarchy?

Explain to you why the US being an oligarchy means that the US is an oligarchy? That's because we are an oligarchy. Did you intend to present a tautology or did you make a typo? I make tons of mistakes in my posts so this is one thing I for which will not judge you negatively. Maybe ask the question again?

Whether we have an oligarchy or not was never disputed. What I've claimed and you need to argue is whether we should have an oligarchy.

But why? Why do I need to argue that? I don't want to. It seems weird that you want to give me points to argue... It was never my point. I wanted to point out that you're throwing a tantrum about the strawman you created regarding my post but clearly you were ignorant that the US is already an oligarchy.

This time when you respond to me, address what I say, or leave me alone.

I will leave you alone. I refuse to respond to you. lol

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 03:12 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silent Master
Not everyone pays taxes.

This is is a good point.

44.3% of American Households do not pay income taxes, to be more exact:

https://nypost.com/2017/04/18/almos...ral-income-tax/

I underlined the important part, a la Robtard.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 03:16 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Robtard
If Trump is found to be guilty of working with Russia to undermine our election process, imho, Trumpers should be barred from voting.

Total bullshit.

Punishing people for who they vote for is the act of dictatorships not republics.

If someone is found guilty, they do not share the guilt with people who did not commit a crime. Trump voters exercised their right. A government that oppresses people for exercising their rights has no business calling itself a republic.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 10:16 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by dadudemon

I will leave you alone. I refuse to respond to you. lol

Double D in a nutshell.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 10:17 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Double D in a nutshell.

Did you miss the part where I responded to you and that part of my post is clearly a joke?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 02:59 PM