KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump Threatens Book Publisher with Legal Action

Trump Threatens Book Publisher with Legal Action
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

As far as I know, no-one quoted in the book has accused it of being untrue or of mis-quoting them. Except for Trump obviously. In fact people have admitted they did say those things.

I think thats pretty significant. I'm sure the Trump team must be furiously contacting people to deny the book statements and that if they things were untrue they would be mercilessly doing so. That it stands more or less unchallenged is a testimont to its credibility imo.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 02:05 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
As far as I know, no-one quoted in the book has accused it of being untrue or of mis-quoting them. Except for Trump obviously. In fact people have admitted they did say those things.

I think thats pretty significant. I'm sure the Trump team must be furiously contacting people to deny the book statements and that if they things were untrue they would be mercilessly doing so. That it stands more or less unchallenged is a testimont to its credibility imo.

That is probably because the author conducted over 200 hours of recorded interviews in order to write the book.

Trump may be in the habit of denying he has said things which there is recorded evidence of him saying, but most sane and rational people are not.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 04:20 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Looks like Adam bought the hype on the back of the cover.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 04:39 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yeah, one didn't want classified information going out, the other used legal power against mean books, there's no equivalency.

Deflection noted.

You clearly didn't read everything in the article.

You are expressing that Trump is stifling freedom of speech by exercising his individual rights to pursue legal action.

Obama used his executive powers to stifle communications among other things in the article.

Which one of those has a larger impact on freedom of speech, executive actions as president or individual legal action taken as a citizen.............

No deflection, your lack of comprehension is noted.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 11:13 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

thumb up

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 07:53 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

No, Rocky's right. It's a laughable deflection. The actions of Obama have literally zero bearing on the conversation at hand. He isn't President. Trump is. And preventing the release of classified information that could put America's national security in jeopardy is not even remotely comparable to the President himself trying to block a book simply because it was critical of him. Can you even imagine how bad of a precedent would be set if he was successful in not only doing that, but also "opening up the libel laws", which he has expressed support for before and reiterated in his recent speech? If you're peddling Obama-Trump false equivalences, then you're abetting a dangerous man setting a precedent which could allow him and even more dangerous men to shut down critical press, and put democracy itself at risk.

And on the topic of whistleblowing and government surveillance, Trump has called the likes of Chelsea Manning a 'traitor', whilst Obama commuted her, and also called for Edward Snowden to be killed. Furthermore, Trump has expressed support for increased powers for intelligence services, including allowing them to torture 'even if it doesn't work', and he constantly demonises the press. Obama may have crossed some lines, but the idea Trump is even remotely better in the realm of press freedom and liberty in general, is snortworthy. He just hasn't been faced with the same intelligence-based scandals that Obama faced. And when he does, his words and actions would suggest a draconian approach that would make Obama look like a child.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 08:35 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yes it's shitty, but him pursuing legal action via lawyers within the current paradigm of policy is =different from him actually changing policy to lash out at criticism.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 09:08 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yes it's shitty, but him pursuing legal action via lawyers within the current paradigm of policy is =different from him actually changing policy to lash out at criticism.
True, but his end intention is to change policy, as he has said publicly on several occasions. And regardless, when a public figure acts in this way, they are shifting the Overton window in a way which could aid Trump or an aspiring tyrant to change the laws in the future. Deflection and apologia aren't appropriate here.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 09:18 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah I'm not disagreeing it's shitty, I'm just not sounding the alarm bells as I would if it were an actual policy change.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 09:22 PM
lazybones

Yeah I'm not disagreeing it's shitty, I'm just not sounding the alarm bells as I would if it were an actual policy change.
Ah okay, understood.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 09:25 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
You mean Tony "There are WMD in Iraq, this war is legal, I'm not a war criminal" Blair? Yeah, super trustworthy.

Lol and uh, our own intelligence agencies said that too, about the WMD's at least.

Awesome, dipshits will stop trusting BS spewed about Trump from them, correct?

Just kidding, we both know they won't. And even the fact this author has been called out in the past for making shit up? Pshh, something something Trump something something.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 11:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Triggered.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Triggered.

What triggered you? Find out Snoke loses another forum fight? Who'd he lose to this time?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:40 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by snowdragon ]You clearly didn't read everything in the article.

You are expressing that Trump is stifling freedom of speech by exercising his individual rights to pursue legal action.

Obama used his executive powers to stifle communications among other things in the article.

Which one of those has a larger impact on freedom of speech, executive actions as president or individual legal action taken as a citizen.............

No deflection, your lack of comprehension is noted.

I seem to have read the article more thoroughly you did.. Not once did Obama, "stifle communication." What Obama did was take action against those who would release classified info that could possibly undermine the security of the country.

I'm pretty sure that's something presidents are supposed to do, though maybe Trump disagrees given his active support for things like wiki leaks.

Your false equivalency remains laughable.
Originally posted by Emperor DMB ]thumb up

I take it you didn't actually read Snowdragon's article?

No, you actually agreed with Lazy Bones' false equivalency and mischaracterization of the events described by his article, and took no issue with him deflecting to Obama as an excuse for Trump's actions. Hence the thumb up emoji.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:49 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
What triggered you? Find out Snoke loses another forum fight? Who'd he lose to this time?
Your real life is sad. I'm glad you shared enough to me so I definitely know you're a loser.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your real life is sad. I'm glad you shared enough to me so I definitely know you're a loser.

If you need to believe this because pretend victories online are important to you...you go ahead. I am granting permission to you. What you do with the permission is your choice.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:57 AM
quanchi112
Disney

If you need to believe this because pretend victories online are important to you...you go ahead. I am granting permission to you. What you do with the permission is your choice.
This is a real victory co signed by yourself. You always play the victim and run away like a *****.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:58 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a real victory co signed by yourself. You always play the victim and run away like a *****.

If you need the pretend victory I will allow you it.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:59 AM
quanchi112
Disney

If you need the pretend victory I will allow you it.
You do nothing all day because you're a waste of space.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:00 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You do nothing all day because you're a waste of space.

Again: I will allow it, just ask nicely.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:01 AM