KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Vs Superman, Captain Marvel & Wonder Woman

Thanos Vs Superman, Captain Marvel & Wonder Woman
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Batman isn't in this thread.

sorry man, but that is irrelevant to the point he has been trying to make (ad nauseum lol) you're applying a double-standard to the logic you are employing. it has nothing to do with which ever characters are in a thread. i said this earlier--thanos is cosmic, so i can use his past experiences and power to justify (to myself) that he could perceive these characters--ie NOT be a statue. but do i have PROOF he could do so? of course not. the runner made him a statue in their battle. could someone point to that and say that superman or wonder woman could do that? sure. thanos has increased in power since then though and frankly i just don't feel comfortable saying they make him a statue.

but i KNOW i can't fully justify that stance. he's hit heralds in comics? irrelevant. proof they were operating at light speed? multiples of light speed? there is no such proof. if you can't see it happening, then you can't see it happening. that's different from applying your logic to this scenario, because as ds has repeatedly pointed out, if hitting heralds is your reason for him being fast enough to keep up, well, so can batman. and daredevil. and black panther. etc... the excuse--he did it in a comic!--isn't enough to justify it happening in a forum. /shrug

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 08:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I bet leo said something really silly, butchering my elegantly crafted arguments with his hamfisted sausage-paws.

But it's probably what I was saying.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 08:32 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

probably. thumb up

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 09:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
sorry man, but that is irrelevant to the point he has been trying to make (ad nauseum lol) you're applying a double-standard to the logic you are employing. it has nothing to do with which ever characters are in a thread. i said this earlier--thanos is cosmic, so i can use his past experiences and power to justify (to myself) that he could perceive these characters--ie NOT be a statue. but do i have PROOF he could do so? of course not. the runner made him a statue in their battle. could someone point to that and say that superman or wonder woman could do that? sure. thanos has increased in power since then though and frankly i just don't feel comfortable saying they make him a statue.

but i KNOW i can't fully justify that stance. he's hit heralds in comics? irrelevant. proof they were operating at light speed? multiples of light speed? there is no such proof. if you can't see it happening, then you can't see it happening. that's different from applying your logic to this scenario, because as ds has repeatedly pointed out, if hitting heralds is your reason for him being fast enough to keep up, well, so can batman. and daredevil. and black panther. etc... the excuse--he did it in a comic!--isn't enough to justify it happening in a forum. /shrug

(please log in to view the image)

Ad nauseum and double standards?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 10:29 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I’m surprised you guys took the effort of replying for several pages trying to explain why X characters aren’t always operating at optimal levels

Is it so hard to understand that characters like can’t operate at optimal levels/power set for the sake of the story/plot. Whether that plot requires tension, actions, drama..etc

It’s silly to assume Batman can tag Flash in forum setting despite the fact he may have done it before. It’s silly to assume Batman can tag or beat Superman when we all know he’d fry within seconds in a forum setting

I like your post Leo regarding special cases like Thanos regarding speed. I understand you put him in that “cosmic” level but I wouldn’t. That belongs to people like Odin smile ...not Dione

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 10:29 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

During the Infinity Gauntlet, it was in Thanos' plans to defeat the Runner as he did. Go back and read it again. They were all defeated with ease except for the Grandmaster, who was his toughest opponent. Not to mention that none on the DC side can move from one place to the other as quickly as the Runner.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 10:35 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by xJLxKing
I’m surprised you guys took the effort of replying for several pages trying to explain why X characters aren’t always operating at optimal levels

Is it so hard to understand that characters like can’t operate at optimal levels/power set for the sake of the story/plot. Whether that plot requires tension, actions, drama..etc

It’s silly to assume Batman can tag Flash in forum setting despite the fact he may have done it before. It’s silly to assume Batman can tag or beat Superman when we all know he’d fry within seconds in a forum setting

I like your post Leo regarding special cases like Thanos regarding speed. I understand you put him in that “cosmic” level but I wouldn’t. That belongs to people like Odin smile ...not Dione

Then you would be willfully ignorant to the stories that were written about him right? he is cosmic, and is supposed to be more powerful than Odin and Zeus in the future. Maybe you missed that part though.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 10:38 PM
xJLxKing

Then you would be willfully ignorant to the stories that were written about him right? he is cosmic, and is supposed to be more powerful than Odin and Zeus in the future. Maybe you missed that part though.

So you’re argument is that because in the future, Thanos will be stronger, the current Thanos gets some kind of boost?

Isn’t Thor supposed to become King Thor? Isn’t Superman suppose to become Golden/prime or whatever? That argument is baseless in the same way it’s baseless for Superman and Thor

Let’s not start using “potential” futures. For all we know this future Thanos will seize to exist after a few issues. Unless you actually believe Marvel would willingly admit that thanos will eventually be the last man standing.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 10:46 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

So you’re argument is that because in the future, Thanos will be stronger, the current Thanos gets some kind of boost?

Isn’t Thor supposed to become King Thor? Isn’t Superman suppose to become Golden/prime or whatever? That argument is baseless in the same way it’s baseless for Superman and Thor

Let’s not start using “potential” futures. For all we know this future Thanos will seize to exist after a few issues. Unless you actually believe Marvel would willingly admit that thanos will eventually be the last man standing.

this boost or the process of it may have already begun. He fought evenly with a Phoenix Avatar. He can also fly at warp speeds. Show me when the last time Thanos rose to this level, unaided by an external power source. Show me, or admit that he may have gotten a significant boost.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 10:55 PM
xJLxKing

this boost or the process of it may have already begun. He fought evenly with a Phoenix Avatar. He can also fly at warp speeds. Show me when the last time Thanos rose to this level, unaided by an external power source. Show me, or admit that he may have gotten a significant boost.
baseless assumption on your part

The three witches restored his powers and he is tech initiative a “god”(Little g)
His fight with Phoenix force avatar was already explained. His son, Thane did not know how to use it. Not only was this stated by Thanos who is considered as expert in this field but also shown on panel. Thane was using the power to nothing but physical enhancement it provided.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 11:08 PM
h1a8

Not to mention that none on the DC side can move from one place to the other as quickly as the Runner.
Prove it. Quantify his speed feats. Show that he has a feat greater than anything Superman has.

(please log in to view the image)

Ad nauseum and double standards?

Runner charging from a standstill (initial velocity is 0). That means when Thanos stopped him he could have been moving like the speed of a bullet.
You have to prove his acceleration. How far does he have to travel to reach light speed from a standstill?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 11:27 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

baseless assumption on your part

The three witches restored his powers and he is tech initiative a “god”(Little g)
His fight with Phoenix force avatar was already explained. His son, Thane did not know how to use it. Not only was this stated by Thanos who is considered as expert in this field but also shown on panel. Thane was using the power to nothing but physical enhancement it provided.

Please read this statement in it's entirety so as to avoid writing the same thing again.

What were beings like Namor that had even less of of portion of the Phoenix Force using?

Were they trained for years upon years in it's use? Are you trying to make it seem as if Thane was weak? Just tell me that one little thing.

How does this negate the fact that Thanos was able to fly? If he were able to do so, why didn't he do this back when he faced off against the Fallen One?

Show me Thanos flying fast enough to keep pace with a Phoenix Avatar in the past unaided by an external power source.

Are you saying that Captain Marvel, or Wonder Woman can contend evenly with Thane without any trouble at all?

If you believe that they would have trouble, and possibly even need help, what point would you be making here exactly?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 11:29 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8
Prove it. Quantify his speed feats. Show that he has a feat greater than anything Superman has.

Runner charging from a standstill (initial velocity is 0). That means when Thanos stopped him he could have been moving like the speed of a bullet.
You have to prove his acceleration. How far does he have to travel to reach light speed from a standstill?

The Heralds of Galactus can accelerate fast enough from 0 to fight the effects of being pulled into a black hole. The Fallen One has FTL flight speeds.

Please go by your own standard, and explain the difference of the Fallen One's blitz attempt in terms of the Forum ruled starting distances to those on the DC side of the field. I'll wait.

Oh yeah and the Runner can move from 0 to the ends of a Universe in less than a second.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 11:36 PM
xJLxKing

Please read this statement in it's entirety so as to avoid writing the same thing again.

What were beings like Namor that had even less of of portion of the Phoenix Force using?

Were they trained for years upon years in it's use? Are you trying to make it seem as if Thane was weak? Just tell me that one little thing.

How does this negate the fact that Thanos was able to fly? If he were able to do so, why didn't he do this back when he faced off against the Fallen One?

Show me Thanos flying fast enough to keep pace with a Phoenix Avatar in the past unaided by an external power source.

Are you saying that Captain Marvel, or Wonder Woman can contend evenly with Thane without any trouble at all?

If you believe that they would have trouble, and possibly even need help, what point would you be making here exactly?

Very well. Thanos issue #11 page 12, Thanos, an expert is cosmic powers states, "you have no idea how to handle that power you wield"

Other users of the PF may have used it better despite welding a smaller portions. That's not far fetched. The PF is by many definitions a weapon, or a sword. You may have a smaller portion IE a knife, if you are a skilled in weapons training, you will kick my ass despite me holding a full sized sword/katana..etc.

There is no point to arguing that point. It's either
1- Thane didn't know how to wield the power. Evident that throughout his battle with Thanos in issue #11 and #12
2- Thanos is now at minimum a universal in power or multiversal at best...Correct?
After all, The Mighty Thor issue #19 page, the PF states she is a universal force of nature..

Regarding Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman, I'm not sure why they are part of this conversation. I don't think i've ever really rated them as superior to Thanos. I've always concluded if Thanos can beat Thor/SS..etc, he will likely will beat CM/Supes/WW. With that said, I'd easily argue that Jane, the current Thor would put up a good fight considering his recent showing against the PF herself and Odin.

More importantly though, we can't use "What if's". Thanos may become universal or cosmic in the future in the same sense Thor will become King Thor. The same way Superman will becoming golden. Or worse, the same way Superboy Prime will become the time trapper with new powers.

We can't start assuming that because a character had a nice showing recently that it is attributed to his hypothetical power up in the future. Imagine superman had a high end feat and we try to attribute this to the fact that as Superman ages, he gets stronger (stated in Kingdom Come/ All Star Superman / Current).

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:32 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

About Thanos:

He was enhanced beyond his own level of power by wielding the power of all Gods in the God Quarry.

It hasn't been quantified how powerful Thanos is.

About Thane:

Yes. Thane has issues handling the power of the Phoenix.

He is clearly not as powerful as Jean, for example.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:45 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Very well. Thanos issue #11 page 12, Thanos, an expert is cosmic powers states, "you have no idea how to handle that power you wield"

Other users of the PF may have used it better despite welding a smaller portions. That's not far fetched. The PF is by many definitions a weapon, or a sword. You may have a smaller portion IE a knife, if you are a skilled in weapons training, you will kick my ass despite me holding a full sized sword/katana..etc.

There is no point to arguing that point. It's either
1- Thane didn't know how to wield the power. Evident that throughout his battle with Thanos in issue #11 and #12
2- Thanos is now at minimum a universal in power or multiversal at best...Correct?
After all, The Mighty Thor issue #19 page, the PF states she is a universal force of nature..

Regarding Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman, I'm not sure why they are part of this conversation. I don't think i've ever really rated them as superior to Thanos. I've always concluded if Thanos can beat Thor/SS..etc, he will likely will beat CM/Supes/WW. With that said, I'd easily argue that Jane, the current Thor would put up a good fight considering his recent showing against the PF herself and Odin.

More importantly though, we can't use "What if's". Thanos may become universal or cosmic in the future in the same sense Thor will become King Thor. The same way Superman will becoming golden. Or worse, the same way Superboy Prime will become the time trapper with new powers.

We can't start assuming that because a character had a nice showing recently that it is attributed to his hypothetical power up in the future. Imagine superman had a high end feat and we try to attribute this to the fact that as Superman ages, he gets stronger (stated in Kingdom Come/ All Star Superman / Current).

You don't want to concede so you use a double standard. Classic. None of the Phoenix 5 were veterans in the use of the PF. If anything Thane actually had powers in the past so he was used to using more than his fists, while Namor is all fists and innate ability. I hope that you can see the double standard that you're playing right now?

Why wouldn't Diana, And Marvel be included in this discussion? Are they speedsters as well?

It would be cool if the nut licking could stop in order to see that Thanos would have no issue with their speed. He would immediately force cube them up in character from the instant that the match began.

Why would a character need to be Universal in order to compete with this team again? Not w What If. Thanos has gotten a power boost.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:49 AM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by RealityWarper
About Thanos:

He was enhanced beyond his own level of power by wielding the power of all Gods in the God Quarry.

It hasn't been quantified how powerful Thanos is.

About Thane:

Yes. Thane has issues handling the power of the Phoenix.

He is clearly not as powerful as Jean, for example.

Post the scan or the the issue/page where that is stated

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:50 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Post the scan or the the issue/page where that is stated

About both ?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:50 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by RealityWarper
About both ?

Sorry, that he wielded the power of all the forgotten gods.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:56 AM
h1a8

The Heralds of Galactus can accelerate fast enough from 0 to fight the effects of being pulled into a black hole. The Fallen One has FTL flight speeds.

Please go by your own standard, and explain the difference of the Fallen One's blitz attempt in terms of the Forum ruled starting distances to those on the DC side of the field. I'll wait.

Oh yeah and the Runner can move from 0 to the ends of a Universe in less than a second.
of course he can travel at ftl speeds. But you are falsely assuming that he can reach that speed instantly. He has to spend time acceleratiing to that speed.

And heralds don’t share feats.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:58 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote