KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mon-El vs Captain Marvel

Mon-El vs Captain Marvel
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
And Superman defeated the same Mon-El while suffocating.

Batman beat people vastly more powerful than him all the time.

Superman beats the likes Darkseid who is more powerful than him.

A win in a fight doesn't equal greater power, Superman has more experience and is better trained than mine Mon-el. I never said Supes wouldnt win in a fight.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 09:19 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mon-El vs Captain Marvel

Originally posted by beatboks
Except Eclupso had the experience of being in control of both bodies. Was Eclipso subconsciously suppressing the powers of a body he possessed? That doesnt make sense.

Supermans mind didnt dissapear, and full access to his powers require a "clear, active mind".

We didn't see the Post Crisis Superman begin to access his full potential until the end of DoS.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 09:44 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mon-El vs Captain Marvel

Except Eclupso had the experience of being in control of both bodies. Was Eclipso subconsciously suppressing the powers of a body he possessed? That doesnt make sense.
Yeah, Eclupso ended that myth. Captain Marvel ended it to when he fused with superman, CM felt nothing else, but superman felt marvels power.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 09:53 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mon-El vs Captain Marvel

Originally posted by JBL
Yeah, Eclupso ended that myth. Captain Marvel ended it to when he fused with superman, CM felt nothing else, but superman felt marvels power.

Because it was Superman body.

Superman doesn't feel the power his mind is suppressing. So neither would Eclipso.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 11:45 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by panthergod
Supermans mind didnt dissapear, and full access to his powers require a "clear, active mind".

We didn't see the Post Crisis Superman begin to access his full potential until the end of DoS.
Because it was Superman body.

Superman doesn't feel the power his mind is suppressing. So neither would Eclipso.

Lol.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 12:10 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

I don't get the laughter.

Would Eclipso feel WHORINSON'S full potential if he possessed his body outside of Warrior Madness?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 12:55 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Batman beat people vastly more powerful than him all the time.

Superman beats the likes Darkseid who is more powerful than him.

A win in a fight doesn't equal greater power, Superman has more experience and is better trained than mine Mon-el. I never said Supes wouldnt win in a fight.

Wut? Superman straight up ruined Mon-El while being at a disadvantage (unable to breathe) to the point he needed medical attention.

It wasn't about training or experience, it was about who was stronger. The same happened to Cir Gand who was also stated to be more powerful than Superman. When Superman stopped messing around, he ruined his day straight up.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 02:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.
LMAO!!! PR.. can you ban me for 1 day? You know I cannot resist getting panther for owning and contradicting himself in the same thread?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 02:58 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by abhilegend
Wut? Superman straight up ruined Mon-El while being at a disadvantage (unable to breathe) to the point he needed medical attention.

It wasn't about training or experience, it was about who was stronger. The same happened to Cir Gand who was also stated to be more powerful than Superman. When Superman stopped messing around, he ruined his day straight up.

Sigh

Do we have to go thru this circular debate EVERY TIME this comes up??
You and I have debated this before both here and on ICT. Superman beat Mon-El in tje same story Eclipso possessed him. Beatimg Mon-El when his body is under the control of another who is even less experiemced with its power than him (which is really saying something), while Mon-El is struggling for control does not equal over powering. If I were body swapped into the strongest fastest guy alive I wont be able to use that as well as he could.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 03:23 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sigh

Do we have to go thru this circular debate EVERY TIME this comes up??
You and I have debated this before both here and on ICT. Superman beat Mon-El in tje same story Eclipso possessed him. Beatimg Mon-El when his body is under the control of another who is even less experiemced with its power than him (which is really saying something), while Mon-El is struggling for control does not equal over powering. If I were body swapped into the strongest fastest guy alive I wont be able to use that as well as he could.

Mon-El wasn't struggling for control. Eclipsed version of the characters were completely under Eclipso's control. Eclipsed Superman thrashed Captain Marvel, Lobo, Guy Gardner in succession.

There is nothing to indicate Eclipsed Mon-El was less effective when Eclipsed characters were shown more effective than regular characters (Eclipsed Lobo defeated entire LEGION), eclipsed Wonder Woman tanked a bullet designed to kill daxamites etc.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 12:30 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol @ Panther. Superman himself admitted Daximites are more powerful. Also, Monel was possessed when Superman beat him which makes the showing invalid.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 02:34 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Lol @ Panther. Superman himself admitted Daximites are more powerful. Also, Monel was possessed when Superman beat him which makes the showing invalid.

Uh-huh.

If we're assuming Eclipsed characters are weaker for some reason (Against the fact Lois was kicking Supermans rear), that makes Captain Marvel look pretty bad.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 03:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

...Superman had no idea the degree to which he was suppressing his power at that point .

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 01:46 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

So if statements are what matter, are we also saying older statements hold more weight than newer? 'Cuz by the 2000's we were seeing Daxamites referred to as "Junior Superman" and "Superman-lite."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 02:08 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Delta1938
So if statements are what matter, are we also saying older statements hold more weight than newer? 'Cuz by the 2000's we were seeing Daxamites referred to as "Junior Superman" and "Superman-lite."

Superman got more relatively powerful from the early post Crisis era from the Kryptonie X upgrade, to post Electric to Mongul training.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 02:16 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Superman got more relatively powerful from the early post Crisis era from the Kryptonie X upgrade, to post Electric to Mongul training.

I know that. But most people either don't understand it(since they haven't read the comics) or intentionally ignore it because it ****s their arguments.

But people are going by the 90's statement, so I thought I'd point out if they're making their arguments based solely on that, then Daxamites were being called Superman-lite by the 2000's.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 02:32 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 03:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

Still cheerleading goodball arguments you know full well are irrelevant, eh?

ok.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 05:10 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Re: Mon-El vs Captain Marvel

Originally posted by cdtm
Since Daxamites are more powerful then Kryptonians
You're still stuck in the 90s, cdtm.

Also, Cap loses.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 03:02 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Dog_of_War

Could go either way.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 01:21 AM
The_Dog_of_War is currently offline Click here to Send The_Dog_of_War a Private Message Find more posts by The_Dog_of_War Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote