KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Luke Cage vs. Loki

Luke Cage vs. Loki
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Post the showing. I want to see Thor trying to resist the push. Although Loki was in a significantly greater mechanical Advantage over Thor.

https://youtu.be/f7cjpeRuNQc

0:44 Loki slams Thor onto railings and then bodily hurls him down. Like I said, Loki manhandled Thor.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:21 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
https://youtu.be/f7cjpeRuNQc

0:44 Loki slams Thor onto railings and then bodily hurls him down. Like I said, Loki manhandled Thor.
looks like a mechanical maneuver (skill more than strength). But I’ll give you it. I think Cage could do the exact same thing in that position.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 05:48 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Loki didn't judo-flip Thor or use his momentum against him. Of course, there is going to be skill involved since I don't think anyone here believes Loki can match Thor in pure strength. Still, the ability for Loki to manhandle Thor like that without using any intricate maneuver proves he's at least somewhere within Thor's strength range.

As for Cage being able to do the same to Thor... maybe, maybe not.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:17 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by relentless1
Nah, Loki is stronger; he fought on par with Thor and bitchslapped Cap in Germany, above Cages pay grade as far as strength goes

Uhhh i forgot that!! Then yes, i agree. Loki wins.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:48 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Loki didn't judo-flip Thor or use his momentum against him. Of course, there is going to be skill involved since I don't think anyone here believes Loki can match Thor in pure strength. Still, the ability for Loki to manhandle Thor like that without using any intricate maneuver proves he's at least somewhere within Thor's strength range.

Luke doesn't have the skill needed to ever be in a position to try.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:50 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Wrong. Loki had a mechanical advantage over Thor. It wasn't a direct comparison of strength. Also Loki used a circular motion (creates more torque) and mechanical advantage.

Cage has the strength to do the exact same thing. You would be deluded to think otherwise.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:09 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Wrong. Loki had a mechanical advantage over Thor. It wasn't a direct comparison of strength. Also Loki used a circular motion (creates more torque) and mechanical advantage.

Cage has the strength to do the exact same thing. You would be deluded to think otherwise.

Prove it, show Luke doing something similar to someone in Thor's strength class.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:23 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Dude, everyone here knows that you're completely dumb when it comes to fighting techniques, so don't even try.

Of course there was technique involved, Loki isn't as strong as Thor and wouldn't be able to overpower him in a straight up tug-of-war. But the leverage of body mechanics involved weren't that much and it would not have worked had Loki not been within Thor's strength class.

I mean, you go ahead and try to smash a heavyweight wrestler's face against some railing by simply grabbing them by the nape. Put as much torque as you want, as long as they're resisting, you'll realize how stupid you'll look.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:32 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove it, show Luke doing something similar to someone in Thor's strength class.
It's takes a fraction of Thor's strength to achieve that. 2nd Cage casually bent a metal handgun.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:30 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It's takes a fraction of Thor's strength to achieve that. 2nd Cage casually bent a metal handgun.

What an idiotic statement. So what? Cap is superhumanly strong as well, and a much more skilled fighter than Cage, plus he's got an indestructible shield. None of this gave Loki much trouble.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:38 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Prove the strength needed to bend a metal handgun is enough to replicate Loki's feat.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 09:50 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

A fraction of Thor's strength to do what? Bend a metal handgun or manhandle Thor?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:18 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Dreampanther
What an idiotic statement. So what? Cap is superhumanly strong as well, and a much more skilled fighter than Cage, plus he's got an indestructible shield. None of this gave Loki much trouble.

plus Cap has proven to be stronger than Cage on screen.

I honestly forgot the park scene in Avangers 1. Loki certainly wins then.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:48 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Dreampanther

Cage is stronger than Cap. Significantly so.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:24 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove the strength needed to bend a metal handgun is enough to replicate Loki's feat.

It takes less than 2 tons of strength to replicate Loki's feat. Cage's feat shows strength above 50 tons (feat is beyond 10 tons and casual means he can apply 5x more force).

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:26 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
plus Cap has proven to be stronger than Cage on screen.

I honestly forgot the park scene in Avangers 1. Loki certainly wins then.
Cage is proven significantly stronger than Cap on screen m

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:27 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Cage is proven significantly stronger than Cap on screen m

No.

This has been debated several times, Cap wins.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:29 PM
Silent Master

It takes less than 2 tons of strength to replicate Loki's feat. Cage's feat shows strength above 50 tons (feat is beyond 10 tons and casual means he can apply 5x more force).

Prove that it takes less than 2 tons to replicate Loki's feat.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:30 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

What feat? I'd like to see how you came up with these numbers.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:41 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

What feat? I'd like to see how you came up with these numbers.

He pulls it out off his ass then licks it shiny and presents it to the world.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 12:15 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote