KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Super Bowl 52

Super Bowl 52
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Dadudemon, you're being absurd here (perhaps intentionally).

You invoked the first amendment as a rebuttal to Surtur's critiques (which made no suggestions of criminal or even social prosecution). It is, therefore, perfectly reasonable for DMB to point out your point's irrelevancy. If you think that DMB gave an "obvious" rebuttal that presumably has no counter then perhaps you shouldn't have said it in the first place, hmmm?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 02:14 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Since when is kneeling a sign of disrespect? And you should know that the protest has nothing to do with the military or the flag, it's about police brutality and other forms of racism.

Also, forcing people to stand for the national anthem is what dictatorships do, not America.
Bottom line is people have a right to be upset just as they have the right to kneel. I am consistent both ways but once again opinions/feelings vary and the opinion of one military man does not reflect all their opinions.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 03:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Bottom line is people have a right to be upset just as they have the right to kneel. I am consistent both ways but once again opinions/feelings vary and the opinion of one military man does not reflect all their opinions.

Do they have the right to destroy private and public property when their team wins or loses?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 06:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Do they have the right to destroy private and public property when their team wins or loses?
No. When did I say anyone has the right to break the law.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 03:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Well I agree, butthurt reactions like this are sad. The best option is to just not watch the NFL, setting stuff on fire is just something a lunatic would do.

And when people do stuff like that, when they start riots or looting or set shit on fire and the excuse as to why is super flimsy...I think they just deep down wanted to smash or burn some shit and were willing to take any excuse.

Since if you have merchandise you do not want it would make more sense to try to sell it.

I agree fully. thumb up

Originally posted by Firefly218
That is a perfect deconstruction of this phenomenon thumb up

Indeed. I did not want to acknowledge it because I am probably guilty of some of this same sentiment, at times. But somebody has to say it.

For example: any time I get some sort of work memo (not where I work, now, though: privately owned and operated company and we can pretty much say or do whatever we want, here...which is amazingly nice) about not using "Christmas", it get butthurt. But why? It's "mai truhdishuns!" And that's really the crux of it. Just don't want people to shit on my traditions that I think are harmless.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 04:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Dadudemon, you're being absurd here (perhaps intentionally).

You invoked the first amendment as a rebuttal to Surtur's critiques (which made no suggestions of criminal or even social prosecution). It is, therefore, perfectly reasonable for DMB to point out your point's irrelevancy. If you think that DMB gave an "obvious" rebuttal that presumably has no counter then perhaps you shouldn't have said it in the first place, hmmm?

You missed the point entirely (on purpose) to make this irrelevant and actually inappropriate point. There's nothing butthurt about, "I disagree with their reasons to protest at games." Quite clearly, that's not what I was talking about when I referred to adults being adults instead of butthurty butthurtness.

But you know that, don't you? I've seen you're posts. You're not an idiot. You know my exact point. You also know that DMB did not need to clarify that it's okay to disagree.

So tell me what you're true goal in responding to me was? Be honest.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 04:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 08:07 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote