KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Juggernaut vs Superman

Juggernaut vs Superman
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Thread starter said the battle starts from what is shown in the scan. This version of Superman would have a hard time with Spidey. Yes, you could probably bring up his fight against Hulk but that fight was fan voted whereas his other showings were primarily written by someone who looked past votes. Juggernaut stomps and Superman isn't untouchable.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 01:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That Superman was able to TVo, no?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 01:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Thread starter said the battle starts from what is shown in the scan. This version of Superman would have a hard time with Spidey. Yes, you could probably bring up his fight against Hulk but that fight was fan voted whereas his other showings were primarily written by someone who looked past votes. Juggernaut stomps and Superman isn't untouchable.

Well he dropped Juggernaut and made him yell in pain in the very scan shown, so I think that's proof enough that Superman can hurt Juggernaut.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:00 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Delta...With a sneak attack tbh and he probably could hurt him but that doesn't translate to besting imo. Just went back and read access #1 and Juggernaut did lose to Wonder Woman even though plot was involved (Jugs also blitzed her), so Superman does stand a chance. Wonder Woman>>>Venom.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

@Delta...With a sneak attack tbh and he probably could hurt him but that doesn't translate to besting imo. Just went back and read access #1 and Juggernaut did lose to Wonder Woman even though plot was involved (Jugs also blitzed her), so Superman does stand a chance. Wonder Woman>>>Venom.

So you're trying to argue seeing it coming means it wouldn't hurt him and Superman can only pull off one punch? But I like how you put more importance on what happened in the other series and justifying ignoring what else happened in the same series.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 02:41 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Carv, stop being a fangirl.

Fan votes be dammed, Juggernaut couldn't tank the Hulk's blows until he passed out from exhaustion, and Superman did.

Jugg's also couldn't catch Mjolnir with one hand as Thor was swinging it at full power, yet Superman did.

Superman has always been above the scrubs in Marvel, it's just part of his character.

The writers of both series even stated something like, "Marvel comics is about man trying to become God's, where DC comics is about God's trying to become men."

Even going just by feats, Superman >>> Everyone in Marvel, barring abstract beings and a few Omega + level mutants.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 06:56 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
Nope. Superman destroys Juggernaut. He had one good showing with the force field against Thor but he has worse showings as well. He was stunned by a giant fan throwing him while he had his force field and could be hurt by Black Tom at half juggernaut power while having his force field.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ufIQoKBaNw...Y-F1ULr9_=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PAE_iF3Mo...E-YpwTE6T=s1600

Juggernaut gets trashed like always.

He was at half-power.

Why the f*ck are you using a showing of him getting hit at half-power by a being who has half the other power as evidence of anything? He even specifically mentions how before the sharing, nothing could hurt him.

Not only is power-halving inconsistent AF at comics, we have no idea how it was cut across the board.

You are a mentally stunted baboon.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 06:58 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He was at half-power.

Why the f*ck are you using a showing of him getting hit at half-power by a being who has half the other power as evidence of anything? He even specifically mentions how before the sharing, nothing could hurt him.

Not only is power-halving inconsistent AF at comics, we have no idea how it was cut across the board.

Regardless, Jugg's is nowhere near the level of Superman, plain and simple.

I agree that said showing with him at half-power was inconsistent, but he's not doing half the stuff that Superman has done casually, even at full power.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 07:03 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

He was at half-power.

That's the thing though, where does his durability start and end? Is he totally invulnerable at 100 percent power and then is completely vulnerable to attacks at 99 percent? Is his power being split in half equal to half his durability or is it an indication that his durability isn't absolute at its peak? Maybe it's 4 times as durable, that would still eventually allow people like Superguy to carver him up.
And we have many examples of him getting stomped out while weakened. We have examples of him getting hurt twice by Onslaught, and by hurt I mean he sucks completely against Onslaught. Even 8th Day was "hurt" by Thor and hurt by the Exemplars. Normal Classic Juggernaut has been hurt by quite a few things, including himself. WWH hurt him as well. Even Kuurth was getting hurt, and Colossus was all sorts of stuff.
You yourself I believe have argued that Thor only took away his shield, which means Thor can hurt him, and put him to sleep.

Even Juggernaut's far away best durability feat could be argued that the Godblast was fighting three enchantments. His invulnerability, his field, and his unstoppable movement. An example of how momentum and a field upping the ante is Cannonball's whole career. And the Godblast still managed to stop him and iirc hurt him as well. In that arc a hammer throw managed to "push" his field back and warp in on itself though still sapping momentum. Sure it hit like a child, but it still went in.
His shield has been overloaded by a fan on another of the few times that it's been used, and left him stunned. Naturally we use his best feat as the average there. I'm sure Superman fans would hate to contrast the highs of Superman and Juggernaut...

That being said, I don't think Superman one shots him, nor do I think quite a few people should. But I do think it is entirely in the realm of Superman's power to hurt him with a shot. One leads to another and another and I believe Superman can and should be able to knock him out. Might take a while, but that's irrelevant. And I don't think Superman needs to turn Juggernaut into a statue to do it, mind you we could use a high feat of his in his last fight against Doomsday to show you just how bad he could run circles around him and lay into his shitbox.

I think if they brawl heads up, either can eventually knock the other out. I don't care who it shifts towards in that instance. Once Superman starts doing anything else at all it shifts heavily in his favor. If he fights like against Doomsday (who was like ****ing Mangog level), Juggernaut just turns into a limp dick trying to flop his way into an unsatisfied anus.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 07:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

This is easily the randomest comeback post ever.

Kiss me, bran.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 07:53 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Carv, stop being a fangirl.

Fan votes be dammed, Juggernaut couldn't tank the Hulk's blows until he passed out from exhaustion, and Superman did.

Jugg's also couldn't catch Mjolnir with one hand as Thor was swinging it at full power, yet Superman did.

Superman has always been above the scrubs in Marvel, it's just part of his character.

The writers of both series even stated something like, "Marvel comics is about man trying to become God's, where DC comics is about God's trying to become men."

Even going just by feats, Superman >>> Everyone in Marvel, barring abstract beings and a few Omega + level mutants.
When the hell did superman catch a FULL POWER hammer swing from Thor??? Hulk was getting ready to overpower superman very quickly. Hulk has KOED a far more powerful superman with one shot. Superman is above most all heavy hitters in Marvel?? BS. Ask Venom that question. Marvel has plenty supermen and many of them would stomp superman.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:29 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by JBL
When the hell did superman catch a FULL POWER hammer swing from Thor??? Hulk was getting ready to overpower superman very quickly. Hulk has KOED a far more powerful superman with one shot. Superman is above most all heavy hitters in Marvel?? BS. Ask Venom that question. Marvel has plenty supermen and many of them would stomp superman.
How in the **** does everything you say have to do with crossovers? It's basically fan canon at that point. The only thing semi close to canon had Superman winning. Firestorm also beat Molecule Man in that crossover. I'm sure crossovers are a great source of information.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:35 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

With the Force Field, Cain wins.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 08:39 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He was at half-power.

And?
quote:

Yes, because Juggernaut has never said such a thing and later be hurt.

quote:

He had half the power. How is it inconsistent retard? Just because Thor couldn't lift a tractor at half strength because he is a sissy doesn't rules everything as inconsistent.
quote:

You're just retarded though. No adjectives needed.

Go home diet carver.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:06 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by One Big Mob
That's the thing though, where does his durability start and end? Is he totally invulnerable at 100 percent power and then is completely vulnerable to attacks at 99 percent? Is his power being split in half equal to half his durability or is it an indication that his durability isn't absolute at its peak? Maybe it's 4 times as durable, that would still eventually allow people like Superguy to carver him up.
And we have many examples of him getting stomped out while weakened. We have examples of him getting hurt twice by Onslaught, and by hurt I mean he sucks completely against Onslaught. Even 8th Day was "hurt" by Thor and hurt by the Exemplars. Normal Classic Juggernaut has been hurt by quite a few things, including himself. WWH hurt him as well. Even Kuurth was getting hurt, and Colossus was all sorts of stuff.
You yourself I believe have argued that Thor only took away his shield, which means Thor can hurt him, and put him to sleep.

Even Juggernaut's far away best durability feat could be argued that the Godblast was fighting three enchantments. His invulnerability, his field, and his unstoppable movement. An example of how momentum and a field upping the ante is Cannonball's whole career. And the Godblast still managed to stop him and iirc hurt him as well. In that arc a hammer throw managed to "push" his field back and warp in on itself though still sapping momentum. Sure it hit like a child, but it still went in.
His shield has been overloaded by a fan on another of the few times that it's been used, and left him stunned. Naturally we use his best feat as the average there. I'm sure Superman fans would hate to contrast the highs of Superman and Juggernaut...

That being said, I don't think Superman one shots him, nor do I think quite a few people should. But I do think it is entirely in the realm of Superman's power to hurt him with a shot. One leads to another and another and I believe Superman can and should be able to knock him out. Might take a while, but that's irrelevant. And I don't think Superman needs to turn Juggernaut into a statue to do it, mind you we could use a high feat of his in his last fight against Doomsday to show you just how bad he could run circles around him and lay into his shitbox.

I think if they brawl heads up, either can eventually knock the other out. I don't care who it shifts towards in that instance. Once Superman starts doing anything else at all it shifts heavily in his favor. If he fights like against Doomsday (who was like ****ing Mangog level), Juggernaut just turns into a limp dick trying to flop his way into an unsatisfied anus.

LMAO. I see what you did there.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

How in the **** does everything you say have to do with crossovers? It's basically fan canon at that point. The only thing semi close to canon had Superman winning. Firestorm also beat Molecule Man in that crossover. I'm sure crossovers are a great source of information.

Not to mention it being against the rules.

==

That rule about bashing? It's not a suggestion. Don't do it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

I didn't bring up superman tanking hulks blows or superman catching thors hammer did I??? Guess it's ok to use crossovers when it's used to say superman wins. So-calledTanking hulks blows and catching that hammer happened in a crossover.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:19 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JBL
I didn't bring up superman ranking hulks blows or superman catching thors hammer did I??? Guess it's ok to use crossovers when it's used to say superman wins. So-calledTanking hulks blows and catching that hammer happened in a crossover.

No it isn't, so cut that shit out.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL

In the crossovers, Superman dropped Juggernaut and made him cry in pain(sucker punch or not), beat the ****ing **** out of Hulk like a redheaded step child (crying about fan voted in 3, 2--), beat Jean, caught a charged Mjolnir from a disadvantaged position before KTFO Thor from the same disadvantaged position, beat Jean Grey, Superman Blue beat both the founding lineups of the JLA and Avengers simultaneously (energy powers, but hey he was weaker than his normal powers), and more. But yes, let's focus on him doing poorly against Venom because your argument falls apart otherwise.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Not to mention it being against the rules.

The OP posted Superman/Juggernaut from the crossover and said it continues from there. So how much do the rules apply in this situation? Just the crossovers that were canon? Just the DC VS MARVEL related ones? Just that one series?

Originally posted by JBL
I didn't bring up superman tanking hulks blows or superman catching thors hammer did I??? Guess it's ok to use crossovers when it's used to say superman wins. So-calledTanking hulks blows and catching that hammer happened in a crossover.

Quit playing the victim. If I were "just using crossovers where Superman wins" I'd be using SUPERMAN VS INCREDIBLE HULK or whatever the name was. Hulk looks good in the initial fight when Superman didn't know what to expect, but then gets embarrassed twice. But everything about that says not canon, unlike the examples I cited which range from plausible canon to were confirmed (at least for their time).

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 03:32 AM
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
(please log in to view the image)

Superman doesn't need to match Thor using Mjolnir, when he can easily no-sell him, even as Thor exploits his weakness to magic.

Superman would smash the shields with a single punch, and end up accidentally batting his head off like Superboy Prime did to Pantha.

Thor > Jugg's, and Superman >>> Thor
Sign!! Superman could not even bust through that force field in that same book. He was hitting it as hard as he could but was doing NOTHING!! It took thors hammer to bust through. Juggernaut shield took a full power hammer swing and it didn't even tickle juggernaut. Really simple to understand.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 04:39 AM