KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Tenebrous and the Galaxy Unbalancing feat

Darth Tenebrous and the Galaxy Unbalancing feat
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Intrpd
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Which one?

he creates a barrier that withstands the heat comparable to the outer layers of a star iirc. forgot which book tho.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Intrpd a Private Message Find more posts by Intrpd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Intrpd
he creates a barrier that withstands the heat comparable to the outer layers of a star iirc. forgot which book tho.
Nope, it was just him tanking re-entry heats while falling into earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near star level heats.

I'm guessing a massive gas explosion is hotter than re-entry.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:03 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by ILS
Nope, it was just him tanking re-entry heats while falling into earth's atmosphere. Nowhere near star level heats.

I'm guessing a massive gas explosion is hotter than re-entry.

Nah the passage says it's heats on the order of the outer layers of a star.

That's not exactly the best barrier feat though.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:07 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Arcann's barrier feat is also insane.

Given that Vader can do that I suppose this proves Vader > anyone in TOR not named Valkorion. thumb up

The actual barrier isn't the point, I don't think. 'Thor does the same thing against the First Son essentially. AP's argument is that its Spirit Valk's power boost that enables the Outlander to create barriers powerful enough to withstand Arcann and Vaylin. Naturally Valkorion's full strength would be significantly greater than the Outlanders in this regard.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah the passage says it's heats on the order of the outer layers of a star.

That's not exactly the best barrier feat though.
He needed to maintain the Force shield against the sort of heat he might find in the outer layers of a star.

Eh, I'm not clued up enough on physics to know how hot re-entry heats get, but I'm guessing it's not as hot as the outer layers of a star, hence the "might."

And again, he was only shielding himself from the heat, whereas Tenebrous was bottlenecking the whole explosion, so I'd say Tenebrous' is better. Granted Galen then went on to destroy half a frigate at the same time.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:11 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Az, I'm impressed with what you've acccomplished for Nome here. Innocuous details most of us would have (and did) overlook. For such a minor character, Tenebrous is obviously extremely powerful. I suppose between Banite scaling, his cosmically significant esoteric powers, and his standing relative to Plagueis, a credible argument can indeed be made that he's much more powerful than Failkorion.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:14 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrpd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS
He needed to maintain the Force shield against the sort of heat he might find in the outer layers of a star.

Eh, I'm not clued up enough on physics to know how hot re-entry heats get, but I'm guessing it's not as hot as the outer layers of a star, hence the "might."

And again, he was only shielding himself from the heat, whereas Tenebrous was bottlenecking the whole explosion, so I'd say Tenebrous' is better. Granted Galen then went on to destroy half a frigate at the same time.

in any case, both are very impressive. arguing which one is better is probably borderline impossible

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Intrpd a Private Message Find more posts by Intrpd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by ILS

tbh though it hurts Starkiller to say this, a lot of explosions would generate higher temperatures anyway.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:22 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Az, I'm impressed with what you've acccomplished for Nome here. Innocuous details most of us would have (and did) overlook. For such a minor character, Tenebrous is obviously extremely powerful. I suppose between Banite scaling, his cosmically significant esoteric powers, and his standing relative to Plagueis, a credible argument can indeed be made that he's much more powerful than Failkorion.

I am honored one as far above us mortals as yourself has descended down from Sheev's heaven to not only acknowledge, but to give praise to such a lowly cretin as I. I am forever your servant, Master, and will not rest until Failkorion lies in the dirt. Right now, it seems Tenebrous has surpassed him. The notion will be cemented in the coming weeks, I assure you.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

in any case, both are very impressive. arguing which one is better is probably borderline impossible
Not really. Galen putting a shield over himself so the explosion passes over him, versus Tenebrous holding back a cathedral-sized cavern's worth of explosive energy is a clear win for Tenebrous.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 03:41 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

The explosion was also powerful enough to knock Plagueis to the ground, for whatever that may be worth.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrpd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS
Not really. Galen putting a shield over himself so the explosion passes over him, versus Tenebrous holding back a cathedral-sized cavern's worth of explosive energy is a clear win for Tenebrous.

tenebrous contained the fireball that emerged from the explosion of cathedral sized caverns.

starkiller contained air hotter than ordinary flame (metal rungs had turned red from heat) that would have fried him if not for his barrier, then maintaining the shield against heat comparable to outer layers of a star and raindrops that hit with the force of thermal detonators while simultaneously holding the ship together and then practically disintegrating what remained of the frigate.

how is tenebrous' barrier superior lol.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:47 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

mareks barrier feat is a bit better iirc

prolly tbh

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:49 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because I see little evidence outside of flowery descriptions that SK was dealing with anything hotter than atmospheric re-entry.

His use of TK obviously makes the feat way more impressive I agree, but the use of Force Barrier itself was more impressive on Tenebrous' part.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:50 PM
Intrpd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
prolly tbh

i told ant to greet you from me, did he?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 04:51 PM
Intrpd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS
Because I see little evidence outside of flowery descriptions that SK was dealing with anything hotter than atmospheric re-entry.

His use of TK obviously makes the feat way more impressive I agree, but the use of Force Barrier itself was more impressive on Tenebrous' part.

but he simultaneously devoted energy to presumably using the force to ground himself to the ship and using the force to keep the ship from falling apart, then tk'ing the ship. and still his barrier was resisting raindrops of energy compared to thermal detonators and outer-star-layer heat. this barrier would almost certainly have needed more concentration to pull off than ''simply'' contain the fireball from the cave explosion that tenebrous did, in my opinion. but unless you have any way to reliably quantify heat levels or similar of each event, then it is impossible to justify our opinions other than ''i feel like...''. arguing subjective interpretations is a waste of time

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 05:06 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fine by me ningen.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 05:10 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

2015 ils would be ashamed of this filthy weebshit coming out of your mouth, 2018 ils.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 05:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
2015 ils would be ashamed of this filthy weebshit coming out of your mouth, 2018 ils.
I blame you, personally.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 05:24 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by ILS
I blame you, personally.

Fair.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2018 08:11 PM