KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Shuri vs. Tony Stark

Shuri vs. Tony Stark
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Tony's suits defy the laws of physics lol. Given how/from where we've seen the armour pop out, collapse, fold, how it forms around him etc. there is absolutely no way it could hold all the weapons it does while maintaining all the functionality and protection it does.

Though, TBF, it's not like Wakandan tech is particularly realistic.

True, but they have a Deus Ex machina in vibranium to explain how their tech works, with Tony the explanation is just he's really smart.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 04:06 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

if what ive heard is true then shuri hooks tony up with the tech to make the bleeding edge armour so id say she's better with inventions

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:27 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Tony takes this.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 05:48 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by relentless1
if what ive heard is true then shuri hooks tony up with the tech to make the bleeding edge armour so id say she's better with inventions

Even if that is true, no, it doesn't, considering we don't know that Tony couldn't have achieved it on his own with the same resources that she did. And no, their resources are not the same. Having money and a company that, at the time, was producing mostly conventional weaponry <<< having a country's worth of resources and plot-device materials to work with, and literally hundreds, if not thousands, of years of research etc. to fall back on.

Stark was literally able to make himself an expert in nuclear astrophysics overnight, as mentioned in the first Avengers film.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:22 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by relentless1
]

Hmmm, I think it would be more of her assessing with her knowledge on Vibranium for the suit.

I mean, i think the suit is made of Vibranium, and clearly Shuri's the smartest person when Vibranium is concerned (Just like Banner is the smartest dude when Gamma radiation is concerned).

But i don't think the suit's actual tech would be derived from Shuri.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 02:50 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, admittedly, the suit does seem to be nano-tech (there is a close-up in the one trailer where you see his new armor forming around him), and looks to be the MCU version of Bleeding Edge.

https://static0.srcdn.com/wp-conten...00&fit=crop

But Stark might just have invented his own version of nano-tech in the interim between films. IIRC, during the one Infinity Wars behind the scenes video, the people working on the films claimed that Tony had basically been prepping for something big ever since he had that apocalyptic vision in Age of Ultron. But we'll know for sure once the film comes out.

And based on some concept art, it might have other shapeshifting abilities as well:

(please log in to view the image)

As someone else pointed out on the one site, it's actually very similar to modern incarnations of the Blue Beetle.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 04:15 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm gonna say Tony. He has been doing it a bit longer than Shuri.. Although after seeing Infinity War my mind might change

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 09:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by FrothByte
Stark. Shuri had the advantage of having generations of Wakandan scientists already developing their technology and helping her out. Plus a lot of her inventions were dependent on vibranium.

Stark created his first suit w/ scrap materials in a cave while held captive.

thumb up

Old Post May 4th, 2018 11:24 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

So doesn't Tony own after IW?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 4th, 2018 11:56 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Stark, EASILY. He built his first suit from a Cave full of scraps. He also has a nano-suit that is far superior than anything Shuri has ever dreamed of.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 4th, 2018 12:41 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think its been said that Shuri is the smartest person in the MCU.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 03:56 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Nephthys

Not the smartest but the one with more knowledge. Remember Wakanda is the most advanced civilization on Earth. Shuri had a hell of a better education and of-course as daughter to the king, she had unlimited knowledge and resources at her disposal.

Iron Man on the other hand, was able to built the most advanced suit on earth, and many other marvels without such knowledge. Nor with Vibranium.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 03:59 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Obviously Stark.

Not only are his inventions far more impressive but he built them in a less advanced society.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 04:02 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Nephthys
It's one thing to say or want something to be the case..it's another thing entirely to put it into action and PROVE it. Right now, Shuri hasn't done anything more impressive than Stark. In fact, Stark's tech frankly blows her stuff away. Iron Man (especially nano-suit) ain't losing to Black Panther in a fight. Also, Stark has created renewable energy, and many many other things (including both of Spider-man's tech heavy suits). He's just proven to be the smartest mind in the MCU thus far, including Shuri. She needs more feats to back up the claim, if that has even been said.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 4th, 2018 04:06 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Tony's suits defy the laws of physics lol.

Thought that was Caps Shield stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2018 04:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote