KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Immortal Hulk Vs. Mangog

Immortal Hulk Vs. Mangog
Started by: celeyhyga17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Yeah, no

As for the rest, that's already been answered. Your last post almost pretty much moved away from other feats besides Thor's skull... hence me focusing on it. laughing out loud

With that said however, do you need me to explain the difference in Jane Thor and Aaron Jane Thor?

First off, Aaron Thor can be explained as high end Thor, and every other showing can be normal Thor - because I'm not going to call it low end because Aaron wrote her with his boner.

Let's explain the disparity with one contrasting showing:
Normal Jane Thor can't stop a flaming meteor.
Aaron Thor can stop a shooting star... a literal sun being used as a projectile.

And this goes along throughout the entire life of Jane Thor. Yes she has some lows under Aaron, but those lows would be highs for Normal Jane. They were basically two different characters. They were not written the same.

You're doing the same thing as the Thor skull crack here. In that you're moving the range to Hulk's level and making people compare to it and hope they come out well. The difference is, I don't have a showing for Jane in the same vein - as Mangog crushing things - that would compare favorably because anything would just fall under Hulk. She did this but she didn't do THAT to Hulk, look how tough he is, etc.

So we go back to Aaron Thor being written above the norm. You're contrasting her best feat of power with a complete inability to do something. Again, you can simply slide this along to everything she failed to do:
Can't move a meteor but she can beat up Mangog.

We take something you said earlier in her beating up Mangog and compare that to Hulk. She could hurt Mangog but she couldn't make Hulk flinch. That was before Hulk got the double amp. If we take this as absolute then this makes Current Hulk so far beyond everything in Asgard that it's not even a match with all of Asgard vs Hulk. To recap what level Jane was operating at here, she did something that Asgard - the Destroyer Armor (who was previously above Jane and a team of everyone), Odin and Thor (she stalemated both of them), everything War Thor could do (who she stalemated), and Serpent/Sif/Warriors and the Thunder Guard - couldn't do. She was portrayed as beyond everyone and everything in Asgard. What you're doing by that 1 to 1 comparison is ignoring the surrounding context that Mangog was operating at and pretending that Jane was operating at the same level, when it was heavily implied that she was Hercules level. For that matter, even Hercules did better than her against Hulk. According to the Carver scale:

Devil Hulk >> Immortal Hulk > Hercules > Jane > everything in Asgard or any two people in Asgard.

Imagine the beatdown Hercules would have put on Mangog? Woah!

But anyway, I'm not saying Jane could beat up Hulk in raw power, because what it does accomplish is proof that Hulk is certainly above her in raw power if they fought. I can't change that. What I can't do however, is apply all of her best feats to Hulk or pretend she was operating at the same level. There's a reason terms exist like "high feats" afterall.
Not too long ago Thor/Hype were hacking away Beyonders. Imagine the sheer dishonesty required to try and apply that in anyway to another character they fought? I'm not speaking of mentioning high feats in a thread either because that will never change, I'm saying that ChinaHulk > Odinson > Beyonders, and therefore Odinson was operating at those levels against Cho. That's essentially what you're saying here.

To reiterate though, without looking at surrounding context, Hulk cracking Thor's skull > Mangog not. Jane hurting Mangog < not hurting Hulk. I'm not saying the feats don't look better. I'm saying you have to actually look at the context surrounding these feats as it's not that simple. Otherwise you've just solved every fight ever in comics and there is no such thing as high feats, or heroes operating above their norm.

And if you're solely looking at those showings as the deciding factor, you're ignoring that Mangog has beaten tougher foes, and destroyed more durable objects. You're setting aside lots of things to come to those comparisons.

As for Mangog vs Immortal Hulk? 2erly2tell. Hulk hasn't done enough to put him above Mangog, and despite what I've said here, the Thor fights do factor in enough to put Hulk above the Thors by a bit. There's a balance here that isn't quite so cut and dry, but I don't care enough to try and even it out to make sense to me. This isn't a fight where one guy can survive a sun and the other couldn't afterall.

We will have to agree to disagree. Also, I said if "anyone else" said Hulk would win, the fts are there. My arguement didnt change... I still think Hulk bends him over for the majority.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 09:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Hey Carver, would you suck Mark Ruffalo off if he gave you a part in the next Avengers?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 10:14 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 10:50 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I... just... dont... know... what... to say. I'm done.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 10:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

What if his penis wasn't even big though, and he colored it with key lime flavored jelly?
Let's say Mark has a short thin penis that you have to give just a little suckle on until he bursts. You'd do it right?

Oh yeah, he introduces you to a respected comic book writer who lets you dictate how a canon comic book arc goes too. Even a crossover. 6 issues, anything you want.

Surely you'd give him a suck, right? Small penis, your mouth. Yes?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 11:31 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 11:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote