KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Sidious (RotJ) vs. SoR Revan (Sabers)

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Revan 5 35.71%
Darth Sidious 9 64.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Sidious (RotJ) vs. SoR Revan (Sabers)
Started by: Geistalt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan doesn't have any feats or scaling to suggest he could essentially blitz Maul.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:12 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

We've got the fact he scales laughably from the likes of Leneer and Satele and essentially every ****er in the entire TOR era, except for like Vaylin, Valk and Outlander.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:15 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

We do? Pretty sure I just saw Satele caving off a piece of Revan's head, sans his uber immortality. There can't be that much of a difference in their speed.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:18 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
We do? Pretty sure I just saw Satele caving off a piece of Revan's head, sans his uber immortality. There can't be that much of a difference in their speed.

Revan was fast enough to fight the Hero of Tython (above Shan), Darth Marr (equal to Shan), Satele Shan, Lana Beniko, and an assload of gunslingers with grenades, blasters, rockets, etc. simultaneously. Even if you don't recognize the game-mechanics, it's apparent in the dialogue files:

"He is strong with the Force! . . . I will see you break! . . . It is over for you, Revan!"
Source: Darth Marr, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Grant me strength! . . . Revan, don't be a fool! . . . Press the attack!"
Source: Satele Shan, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"The Force is my servant! . . . Be strong! . . . So much power!"
Source: Lana Beniko, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Tough sucker! . . . Have some more! . . . Love a good scrap!"
Source: Shae Vizla , Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Don't let up! . . . I won't let you win, Revan! . . . Let's go, people!"
Source: Theron Shan, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Make him bleed! . . . Get him, Jakarro! . . . Hit him with everything!"
Source: C2-D4, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

-- that's even despite The Old Republic having non-Force sensitives always move as fast as Force users.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(That's not to say he can speedblitz Maul, which he can't. I'm just addressing the idea Shan and Revan are equal speed.)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:37 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Ant: Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it. No can do I'm afraid.

Revan doesn't need to be capable of wtfblitzing Satele in order to put up a fight against that team, especially given his vaunted durability, Force power, teleportation etc. And since we are using a gameplay snippet from a trailer as canon evidence, then Satele successfully cut Revan's face in a one versus one fight.

Sidious rekts. But we all know that.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:38 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
(That's not to say he can speedblitz Maul, which he can't. I'm just addressing the idea Shan and Revan are equal speed.)
Well I'm certainly glad you agree.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:38 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ILS
Revan doesn't need to be capable of wtfblitzing Satele in order to put up a fight against that team.

When on Earth did I claim that, lmfao?

I just claimed Revan's obviously faster, unless you think Revan's Force powers alone purely compensate for constant barrages of Jedi Temple walkway-destroying missiles, XS stock light freighter fire, grenades, other explosives, blaster fire, Force lightning, etc., while also dueling the others.

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 10th, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:40 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
When on Earth did I claim that, lmfao?

I just claimed Revan's obviously faster, unless you think Revan's Force powers alone purely compensate for constant barrages of missiles that destroy Jedi Temple walkways, aerial fire from smuggler ships, tons of grenades, explosives, blaster-fire, Force lightning, etc.
I said "there can't be that much (speedblitz) of a difference in speed," and you directly replied to the point with evidence. What exactly did you want to get across?

Anyway, you're the one that posted a gif of Satele having Revan dead to rights.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:43 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Your post never suggested "that much" meant "speedblitz," lawl.

Revan's not really obligated to defend that attack if he can block it anyway. Similar to Darth Bane with orbalisks, it's reasonable to assume Revan's going to devote his powers to other traits, focus on more pressing priorities, and perhaps conserve his power given the other opponents on the battlefield. If this is KotOR / Reborn Revan, it's fair to assume his Star Forge Malak-crushing powers will guide him to blocking that strike.

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 10th, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:47 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes it did, because that's the point AP was trying to prove and the one directly replied to. erm

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:49 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I interpreted AP's posts different than you, then. wink

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:51 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ILS
Revan doesn't have any feats or scaling to suggest he could essentially blitz Maul.
Originally posted by AncientPower
We've got

You can stop whenever you feel like it. smile

Old Post May 10th, 2018 12:56 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I took that as an unrelated point backing his previous point, rather than in direct response to your point, tbh.

Try me. smile

Last edited by Jaggarath on May 10th, 2018 at 01:11 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:06 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Open concession to Sheev. I suppose it will have to do. evil face

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:09 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Was that another point unrelated to the previous point? smile

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:10 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

While that would follow the precedent set by you and AP, Sheev can be considered relevant in all discussions, seeing as his majesty is woven into the very essence of Star Wars and dare I say it, KMC itself. smile

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:18 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ILS
Open concession to Sheev. I suppose it will have to do. evil face

Originally posted by ILS
Sheev can be considered relevant in all discussions, seeing as his majesty is woven into the very essence of Star Wars and dare I say it, KMC itself. smile

I love you right now.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Meh. Why cannot Revan blitz Maul? Is it because of that 'camera' feat?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 10th, 2018 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by ILS

Except there can be and is. Revan's on the defensive here, not the offensive. He's concerned with far more than Satele.

But this is all very far from the point. Sheev's absolutely not winning via augmentation here.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:43 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote