KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hulk vs. Superman: Pure h2h fight.

Hulk vs. Superman: Pure h2h fight.
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Superman is stronger than Ruffalo Hulk, easily.
Nah, Hulk is stronger.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 04:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nevan
I'm giving you one more chance to admit that you're wrong, if you refuse it you can't pull the "I was only pretending" later.

From my estimates, Surtur was between 85m and 110m when Hulk struck him.. This is assuming Hulk is about 2.6m tall. Also it appears that Surtur doesn’t have the same density as a human. He appeared to be made of a lot of heat/flame stuff. So we can’t be sure to accurately estimate his mass based off unknown density.

Then we have real life humans able to punch another human to get the same effect. Only the striking human exerted significantly less force than the struck human’s weight.

But here’s the kicker. Hulk wasn’t able to budge Surtur with the next punches. That means Hulk’s downward (due to falling) momentum PLUS weight contributed majorly to the blow.

And if you think Superman can’t achieve the same feat then you are a fool.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 10th, 2018 07:58 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Superman from the Movies vs Hulk from the movies would most likely go like the PC Supes vs Hulk crossover. Hulk wouldn't be able to hurt supes and supes could break his neck or ko him like the Hulkbuster did.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:12 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman from the Movies vs Hulk from the movies would most likely go like the PC Supes vs Hulk crossover. Hulk wouldn't be able to hurt supes and supes could break his neck or ko him like the Hulkbuster did.
Fqlse, if you watch that films that’s a hilariously biased and wishful thinking theory you’d like us to agree with. Nah, he’s been hurt by far less strength in WW who was threatened by World War One soldiers. Hulk brutalizes him.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

Originally posted by h1a8
From my estimates, Surtur was between 85m and 110m when Hulk struck him.. This is assuming Hulk is about 2.6m tall. Also it appears that Surtur doesn’t have the same density as a human. He appeared to be made of a lot of heat/flame stuff. So we can’t be sure to accurately estimate his mass based off unknown density.

Then we have real life humans able to punch another human to get the same effect. Only the striking human exerted significantly less force than the struck human’s weight.

But here’s the kicker. Hulk wasn’t able to budge Surtur with the next punches. That means Hulk’s downward (due to falling) momentum PLUS weight contributed majorly to the blow.

And if you think Superman can’t achieve the same feat then you are a fool.

So are you going to ignore Surtur's officially stted size, even though it's consistent with his size relative to Asgard?

Why don't you try scaling him to the palace that dwarfs mountains?

Surtur is quite solid, we know he is made of molten slag from other interviews and that he has muscles, so even if you want to say he's only 100 meters tall that would still dwarf Superman's presented feats.

Hulk himself had to jump multiple KM to get to Surtur and to jump to Sokovia and he's much heavier than Superman or Zod, hos you think them being punched a shorter distance while weighting less is more impressive is beyond me.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 06:04 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by NemeBro
Not one of them would my friend. Superman is stronger than all of them combined and can take their best punches to the chin with a smile.

Stronger than them combined? Are you nuts?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 13th, 2018 04:56 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by FrothByte
Diana weighs about 120 lbs. Regardless of how strong she is, it's not that hard to get her off her feet.

Plus he flew up holding her, lifting her off the ground. Means she had zero leverage to resist being moved

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 13th, 2018 04:58 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

So are you going to ignore Surtur's officially stted size, even though it's consistent with his size relative to Asgard?

Why don't you try scaling him to the palace that dwarfs mountains?

Surtur is quite solid, we know he is made of molten slag from other interviews and that he has muscles, so even if you want to say he's only 100 meters tall that would still dwarf Superman's presented feats.

Hulk himself had to jump multiple KM to get to Surtur and to jump to Sokovia and he's much heavier than Superman or Zod, hos you think them being punched a shorter distance while weighting less is more impressive is beyond me.

I said WHEN HULK PUNCHED HIM.
Now if Surtur grew more after that then I don't care.
I painstakingly calculated his height at the time of the punch. His head was the length of 4-5 Hulk heights. Hulk is about 2.6 meters. Go with that.

Being made of molten rock is speculation. It look more like flame and ash to me.

After the first punch, each additional punch did absolutely nothing to move him. So that could mean Hulk's downward momentum along with Hulk's weight did most of the work.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 05:15 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

I said WHEN HULK PUNCHED HIM.
Now if Surtur grew more after that then I don't care.
I painstakingly calculated his height at the time of the punch. His head was the length of 4-5 Hulk heights. Hulk is about 2.6 meters. Go with that.

Being made of molten rock is speculation. It look more like flame and ash to me.

After the first punch, each additional punch did absolutely nothing to move him. So that could mean Hulk's downward momentum along with Hulk's weight did most of the work.

Mega Surtur was 800 meters tall when he first appeared, ergo before hulk punched him, the same quote I quoted states that 800 meters was his smallest size.

If you want to dismiss that you can't bring author intention or statements in other debates.

The vfx also state that he's made from magma, so you're also wrong on that.

Want to try to calculate how much a 100 meter giant made of molten rock would weight, even going by your scaling?

By the way you ignored how he compares to Asgard's structures, you can compare him to the palace since he first appears on Asgard.

quote:
Surtur is meant to be an imposing presence, filled with crusted magma flesh, 18-feet tall. Surtar was created entirely with keyframe animation. Method artists created the giant fiery beast by using geometry as a base, and by running textures through a muscle system to give directionality to the magma, which was then lightened for depth._

https://mobile.digitalartsonline.co...-thor-ragnarok/

Even the homepage of the Studio that did it states it.

https://www.methodstudios.com/en/fe...r-ragnarok/ ://

quote:
Method also provided concept art, fleshed out Surtur’s writhing and crusted magma flesh, and refined CG characters including the dragon, fire demons and E-Guard soldiers, as well as large-scale environments._

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:32 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Mega Surtur was 800 meters tall when he first appeared, ergo before hulk punched him, the same quote I quoted states that 800 meters was his smallest size.

If you want to dismiss that you can't bring author intention or statements in other debates.

The vfx also state that he's made from magma, so you're also wrong on that.

Want to try to calculate how much a 100 meter giant made of molten rock would weight, even going by your scaling?

By the way you ignored how he compares to Asgard's structures, you can compare him to the palace since he first appears on Asgard.

https://mobile.digitalartsonline.co...-thor-ragnarok/

Even the homepage of the Studio that did it states it.

https://www.methodstudios.com/en/fe...r-ragnarok/ ://

You are basically stating that writer's intented for Surtur to be 800m when Hulk struck him? Prove it. Because
1. Surtur was about 100m as shown.
2. Surtur was still growing after Hulk hit him.

And you are unreasonable to assume character's, in fiction, exert nearly the same force everytime. There are so many examples where this isn't true that I will be counting for days. Here is one of them:
Hulk punching Surtur and making him bend vs. punching him, IMMEDIATELY AFTER, and not making him budge.

Hulk is about half a ton. It was his weight and falling momentum that supplied the majority of the force. Otherwise, you can't explain away why his latter punches did absolutely nothing (since your stance is that character's use nearly the same force everytime).

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:12 AM
Silent Master

He has proven it, the company that provided the special effects for the movie have flat out stated that he was 800 meters tall at the beginning and grew to 4000 meters by the time he destroyed Asgard.

You're being your normal hypocritical self, IE over-analyzing a scene in order to lowball a character you're arguing against. However when it's a character you're for, you have gone on record as stating we should ignore what the movie shows and instead go with what you claim was the writer's intention.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman would have flash frozen magma man with his freeze breath. And shattered him.

Superman beats Hulk.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
Superman would have flash frozen magma man with his freeze breath. And shattered him.

Superman beats Hulk.
NAH, he can’t even do so to Batman. He lost. Hilarious.

laughing out loud

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:17 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
He has proven it, the company that provided the special effects for the movie have flat out stated that he was 800 meters tall at the beginning and grew to 4000 meters by the time he destroyed Asgard.

You're being your normal hypocritical self, IE over-analyzing a scene in order to lowball a character you're arguing against. However when it's a character you're for, you have gone on record as stating we should ignore what the movie shows and instead go with what you claim was the writer's intention.

It can not be. It is off by 700%.
Thats too LARGE of an error for an ON PURPOSE 800m in height.
No calculations were done on Surtur's height when making the film. Thus, it was a random number thrown out.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:06 PM
Silent Master

The people that did the special effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:09 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
The people that did the special effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Surtur wasn't 800m because they weren't thinking about his actual height in numbers when creating him. Otherwise, you wouldn't have such a large error. Making up a random number AFTER the fact does not hold any water.

And according to you, what's shown >>>>>interviews (which aren't allowed).

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:19 PM
Silent Master

The people that did the special effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:20 PM
Single-Cell

hulk will break superman neck.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:54 PM
Single-Cell is currently offline Click here to Send Single-Cell a Private Message Find more posts by Single-Cell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Hulk would beat the shit out of him.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:55 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I mathematically proved that the leviathan punch was under 200 tons of force. That's assuming the leviathan weighed 1000 tons.

For those who are not adept in physics, here you go.
Note: The Leviathan is probably somewhere between 200-500 tons. Let’s just say 1000 tons for the sake of argument. That way, no one should have a problem.

How much force does it take to stop a 1000ton object moving at 20m/s in 10 seconds?
Force = change in momentum/ change in time
= (1000ton * 20m/s) /(10s)
= (907185kg * 20m/s) /(10s)
= 1.81e6 N
= 204 tons of force

So assuming Hulk wasn’t bracing (allowing the concrete to supply the pushing or stopping force) then its a 204 ton feat at the most.

But the reality is that the concrete was supplying the majority of the stopping force as Hulk’s arm was extended through the majority of the feat (he did give a little push here and there though). So the feat is significantly less than 204 tons.

This is a complete oversimplification of what occurred in the Leviathan punch and you are missing a very important factor in your computations.

The deceleration wasn't a constant in that scenario. It wasn't a slow constant push, but a sudden deceleration (via a punch), spreading it over a constant within 10 seconds is factually wrong.

The sudden deceleration occured exactly 1:17-1:18 wheras the Leviathan was moving at 20 m/s (your numbers not mine) and suddenly slowed to (based on Hulk's starting distance and distance traveled from 1:18-1:28) around 1 m/s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzvSM5nTi0s

Old Post May 27th, 2018 05:22 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote