KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How to fix America's ghettos?

How to fix America's ghettos?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kill the black people.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:23 AM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Emperordmb
That depends on two things.

The first is the age of the children. I don't think prepubescent kids in elementary school need to be learning about sex positions for example.

Secondly it depends on the aim and nature of the sex ed. I think they should learn the knowledge they need to be equipped with for their own safety and well being, how to use birth control, avoid STDs, unwanted pregnancy, etc. but I don't think the place of sex ed is moral propaganda. I don't think the people doing sex ed should delve into a moral treatise on why homosexuality is moral or that there are twenty billion genders even though I agree with the former of the two, just as I wouldn't want the promulgation of a moralistic obsession with abstinence only.

As far as I'm aware condoms aren't particularly expensive. I do get a little dicey on the suggestion that the government should appropriate money from the taxpayers to provide a service to people not relating to the protection of their rights though.

Hmm, your answer makes me wonder what sex ed is actually like now. When I had it it was pretty by the numbers and straight forward, I don't think they even really mentioned homosexuality or anything about morality. And the idea of many genders wasn't even in existence back then. I would agree with you, I'd prefer if they keep it about the things that are necessary to learning how to avoid STD's/unwanted pregnancies. Though I imagine these days including some lessons about homosexuality at the least is going to happen. I also agree on the age, I think probably somewhere between the ages of 10-12 would be a good point in time to learn about some of this stuff. Probably closer to 12.

Condoms aren't particularly expensive, but there's the embarrassment factor to consider. Lot of people are too embarrassed to go buy condoms in public for various reasons. Those reasons increase if the person is young, maybe they're afraid someone at the store might recognize them or be a friend of the parents, stuff like that. Also what you and I consider not expensive might be different from a 15 year old kid who gets an allowance.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by BackFire
Hmm, your answer makes me wonder what sex ed is actually like now. When I had it it was pretty by the numbers and straight forward, I don't think they even really mentioned homosexuality or anything about morality. And the idea of many genders wasn't even in existence back then. I would agree with you, I'd prefer if they keep it about the things that are necessary to learning how to avoid STD's/unwanted pregnancies.

Well I remember my sex ed being pretty straight forward and objective as well, but now apparently elementary schoolers are being taught this type of ideology not even related to sex ed.

Though I imagine these days including some lessons about homosexuality at the least is going to happen.

And I think that's a good thing, but I think it should be a morally detached teaching.

I also agree on the age, I think probably somewhere between the ages of 10-12 would be a good point in time to learn about some of this stuff. Probably closer to 12.

Yeah that sounds good to me.

Condoms aren't particularly expensive, but there's the embarrassment factor to consider. Lot of people are too embarrassed to go buy condoms in public for various reasons. Those reasons increase if the person is young, maybe they're afraid someone at the store might recognize them or be a friend of the parents, stuff like that. Also what you and I consider not expensive might be different from a 15 year old kid who gets an allowance.

I'm curious as to how there wouldn't be the similar factor of embarrassment in going to the free condom pickup place

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:56 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Also what you and I consider not expensive might be different from a 15 year old kid who gets an allowance.
I have my doubts that a kid from a broken home in the hood typically gets an allowance.

Phuck, I didn't even get an allowance, and my situation was not nearly that bad.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:19 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well the free condom could be given out in a private place, like maybe the school nurse's office or something.

Also Neme makes a good point. Condoms may very well be prohibitively expensive for a kid from a broken home.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:22 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

DMB what should be done about the opiods?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:58 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

End the drug war, actually allow the second A to be the second A and legalise hookers.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:13 PM
JMANGO is currently offline Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
I have my doubts that a kid from a broken home in the hood typically gets an allowance.

Phuck, I didn't even get an allowance, and my situation was not nearly that bad.

I agree.

I also have my doubts a 15 year old would give two flips about safe sex, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have that option.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Solve poverty.

How is that done?

It will never be solved by the federal govt. We know it is not done at the top of our govt, so where do we assign value and attribute personal, business and govt values to assist in fixing said problems?

Old Post May 12th, 2018 12:50 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by snowdragon
How is that done?

It will never be solved by the federal govt. We know it is not done at the top of our govt, so where do we assign value and attribute personal, business and govt values to assist in fixing said problems?

NB4 some strawman about how you don't actually think the federal government would be ineffective, you just hate poor people and want them to suffer.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:22 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
NB4 some strawman about how you don't actually think the federal government would be ineffective, you just hate poor people and want them to suffer.

I know the solution isn't devised from the top but its best received and delivered from where it's from. Offering assistance doesn't resolve issues in areas that define themselves with their local culture.

Do you believe otherwise?

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:38 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

DMB avoiding my question about the opioid crisis demonstrates the fallacy that is his position on drugs.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:39 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by snowdragon
I know the solution isn't devised from the top but its best received and delivered from where it's from. Offering assistance doesn't resolve issues in areas that define themselves with their local culture.

Do you believe otherwise?

No I agree with you completely, I'm just preemptively calling out something AdamPOE could be reasonably expected to say, given his history of assuming the absolute worst about his opponent's motivations and then using that as a character attack, such as how whenever he debates abortion he falls back on "You don't really care about the sanctity of life! You just want women to suffer for having sex!"

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:43 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Kurk
DMB avoiding my question about the opioid crisis demonstrates the fallacy that is his position on drugs.

To be honest I'm not sure.

To me though the answer isn't criminalizing the people who get hooked on opiates. You just end up destroying people's lives even more.

Also there's another catch, when you criminalize certain drugs, chemists will tweak chemical formula's to get an analogue to the illegal drug that is not yet illegal itself, and often times those analogues end up being more dangerous.

Take LSD for example, it's a relatively safe substance, no addiction, virtually no chance of overdosing, but it got criminalized, so people started experimenting with chemicals to create something similar that the government wasn't yet familiar enough with to criminalize and people turned to the much less safe alternative, some of which could **** up your brain after one use.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:49 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where I live people caught by the police are given X amount of days to enter a rehab program to avoid prosecution. Some of them do, others don't. And yes, analogues are a problem.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 01:58 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Kurk
Where I live people caught by the police are given X amount of days to enter a rehab program to avoid prosecution. Some of them do, others don't. And yes, analogues are a problem.

If the drug doesn't cause any externalities then I see no reason for it to be banned. There are drugs that can make someone super violent and aggressive, those should remain illegal or heavily regulated. Opioids, I believe, don't do anything like that. The government shouldn't have any say of what you do to yourself. It's not their job to protect you from yourself.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 07:29 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Reinstate the draft, young men need to have a purpose. Also, legalize, or at least decriminalize all drugs.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 12th, 2018 07:45 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Reinstate the draft, young men need to have a purpose. Also, legalize, or at least decriminalize all drugs.

What are you reinstating the draft for? Not really given them a purpose outside of forced military service which won't help

Old Post May 12th, 2018 07:49 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JMANGO
End the drug war, actually allow the second A to be the second A and legalise hookers.

Best solution without spending a dime. FedGov money is like pouring water into a bucket with holes.

Second prize goes to Nemebro

Old Post May 12th, 2018 07:52 PM
JMANGO is currently offline Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Solve poverty.
Bingo!

Old Post May 12th, 2018 08:06 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote