KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

The reveal event just ended. Multiplayer is boots on the ground with a new weapons building system and unique operators with different abilities, zombies is going to launch with three maps (about time they didn't skimp on this), and they announced Blackout which is a battle royal mode (lol) bringing back all the older characters, streaks, and abilities from previous games and zombie iterations in a map that's apparently over 1500 times bigger than Nuketown and includes land/sea/air vehicles.

They're actually launching this iteration with a ton of content. It looks like they actually put in effort. IDK if its enough to buy it (I'm usually onboard with Treyarch games), but so far so good. Also the PC version is launching on Blizzards Battlenet. I don't really use that but it's apparently a good thing.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 17th, 2018 at 06:13 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2018 06:05 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Probably won't play this, looks meh.

That said, I will be following it to see how popular the battle royale mode ends up being. Will be interesting to see if it can dethrone pubg or Fortnight.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 08:46 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks pretty good.. just wanna kill people lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 18th, 2018 02:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So why do they call this Black Ops 4? The number would imply a story following the events of the previous game and the first three Black Ops definitely had campaign stories. Why didn't this get called Open Field Warfare instead if it's going the battle royale route?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 02:09 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Hey guys, you may want to hold off for CoD 2019. A huge chunk of the OG Infinity Ward members have transferred back to IW from Respawn, which means the MW2 team is back together. On top of that, the same guy who's leaked prior CoDs has already leaked that IW is working on Modern Warfare 4. The OG IW team working on a completely modern game? Sign me up.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So why do they call this Black Ops 4? The number would imply a story following the events of the previous game and the first three Black Ops definitely had campaign stories. Why didn't this get called Open Field Warfare instead if it's going the battle royale route?
Yeah it doesn't make sense outside of reusing the operators for multiplayer. They should have just started something new and let BO be its own trilogy. I feel like they're riding pretty heavily off the name since the BO games were always good.

PWNT

Old Post May 20th, 2018 02:59 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

How come I'm not allowed to have a Call of Duty game that's set in a near-future where technology has allowed the US to initiate a full-scale invasion of Hell?

The sequel could be about Hell's counter-offensive in major cities across the world and your campaign to hop from war zone to war zone shutting down their warp gates.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:57 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Hey guys, you may want to hold off for CoD 2019. A huge chunk of the OG Infinity Ward members have transferred back to IW from Respawn, which means the MW2 team is back together. On top of that, the same guy who's leaked prior CoDs has already leaked that IW is working on Modern Warfare 4. The OG IW team working on a completely modern game? Sign me up.

Wow. That's very cool. Hopefully they don't forgo a campaign as well, I love the campaigns in MW 1 and 2.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 02:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The videos I’ve seen of the Battle Royale “Blackout” mode are f*cking phenomenal. I take back every negative thing I said about this game. Now I just need to decide if I buy this for my PS4 or One S.

In its 9.5/10 review, Game Informer wrote: "Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 makes a sacrifice that's sure to be off-putting to some with the lack of a campaign, but the surrender of tradition comes with sweeping and significant benefits. Blackout is the best battle-royale experience available today, zombies offers crazy customizable co-op, and multiplayer keeps things grounded for those looking for the classic core."

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 05:56 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Agreed. This is already the most fun I've had in a CoD game since MW2. Treyarch knocked it out of the park, and trading the single player for blackout, two extra zombies maps, and more multiplayer maps than usual was well worth it IMO. Fking incredible.

On the flip side, this years Battlefield looks to be the first entry I'll skip since I started playing at Bad Company 1. It's unreal. I never thought there would be a year I prefered CoD to BF.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 07:20 PM
BackFire

I wish I had more interest in battle royale games, seems the one here is very good.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 07:57 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Agreed. This is already the most fun I've had in a CoD game since MW2. Treyarch knocked it out of the park, and trading the single player for blackout, two extra zombies maps, and more multiplayer maps than usual was well worth it IMO. Fking incredible.

On the flip side, this years Battlefield looks to be the first entry I'll skip since I started playing at Bad Company 1. It's unreal. I never thought there would be a year I prefered CoD to BF.

Agreed with everything you said, including Battlefield. I've always been a Battlefield guy, and I'm skipping on this one and am super glad I got BOps4.

This game is awesome.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2018 10:23 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

been watching youtube vids of this, upon further review im gonna pass

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 02:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

- open up a random twitch stream of the game to check it out
- watch a guy with a silenced SMG sprint around the map in a circle shooting people in the back for about three minutes
-close the stream

I just can't do it dude. I dumped so many hundreds of hours into CoD between MW1, Black Ops and MW2 that I just can't look at this derivative gameplay and feel anything other then weariness.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 06:58 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
been watching youtube vids of this, upon further review im gonna pass

Same here

i'm over CoD in general.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 07:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I find it a bit strange that people criticize other companies for ****ing over consumers but have no problem with Activision doing the same with this version of Call of Duty.

Oh it's OK to remove a huge portion of the game for a few more maps and 1 mode.

Last edited by Smasandian on Oct 14th, 2018 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2018 09:01 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
I find it a bit strange that people criticize other companies for ****ing over consumers but have no problem with Activision doing the same with this version of Call of Duty.

You definitely have every right to be peeved about the lack of single player, but that doesn't apply to everyone man.

IMO the CoD single player has almost always been abysmal and wasted resources that would be better put to use in multiplayer options. As a trade off, I got 15 PvP maps instead of WW2's 10, the best Battle Royal mode to date, and three zombies maps at launch as opposed to the usual single. IMO we came out of this way ahead, and they made the right choice. People who are angry about the lack of single player act like we got cheated with less content than usual, when that's not true. The content we did get added way more longevity to the game.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 09:19 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ok, I do not agree at the slightest when its competitor is releasing a single player campaign, it's regular modes, and added battle royale for the same price.

Do you honestly believe Activision decided to scrap SP for its Battle Royale mode? Sure ****ing chance. This game started in development in 2015 (most likely?) while battle royale didn't become uber popular until late last year. There is no ****ing way Blackout was a thought in Activision's mind until early this year. So.....I take it's not too difficult to shoehorn a Battle Royale mode into an existant multiplayer structure.

In the end, 5 more maps in MP, a shoehorned mode (even if its good) and 2 more shitty zombie maps does not equal the same type of content SP offers. Especially when other games are offering more content for same price.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 09:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Smasandian

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 09:51 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I didn't choose this. I loved COD SP. It's on the reasons why I used to buy it.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 09:53 PM
Jmanghan

You definitely have every right to be peeved about the lack of single player, but that doesn't apply to everyone man.

IMO the CoD single player has almost always been abysmal and wasted resources that would be better put to use in multiplayer options. As a trade off, I got 15 PvP maps instead of WW2's 10, the best Battle Royal mode to date, and three zombies maps at launch as opposed to the usual single. IMO we came out of this way ahead, and they made the right choice. People who are angry about the lack of single player act like we got cheated with less content than usual, when that's not true. The content we did get added way more longevity to the game.
Thats bull, modern warfare had excellent campaigns, and CoD Classic had a pretty awesome campaign as well.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 15th, 2018 09:56 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote