KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Current Wonder Woman Vs Gladiator

Current Wonder Woman Vs Gladiator
Started by: Baziemarc123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

maybe. but he has 100s upon 100s more that would keep him in the 'comic book human' category too. and of course it's not just me saying it--i'm sure we could post dozens of comic characters referring to bats as only human. i once had a very lengthy debate against....huh. rage maybe? someone using cap where we compared feats. i was surprised that bats' feats weren't actually HIGHER. by and large, for the most part, he does stay in the 'peak human' (by comic standards) tier. but yeah, of course he has superhuman feats. as does daredevil (ignoring his senses) and jason todd and daimian and on and on. i think you have to look at their general portrayal. if we stick to spcific portrayals, as ds said--alfred is also superhuman.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
maybe. but he has 100s upon 100s more that would keep him in the 'comic book human' category too. and of course it's not just me saying it--i'm sure we could post dozens of comic characters referring to bats as only human. i once had a very lengthy debate against....huh. rage maybe? someone using cap where we compared feats. i was surprised that bats' feats weren't actually HIGHER. by and large, for the most part, he does stay in the 'peak human' (by comic standards) tier. but yeah, of course he has superhuman feats. as does daredevil (ignoring his senses) and jason todd and daimian and on and on. i think you have to look at their general portrayal. if we stick to spcific portrayals, as ds said--alfred is also superhuman.

link to the debate?

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:41 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

if i can't even remember WHO i debated, you think i can remember what thread it was? laughing out loud maybe whoever i debated will stop by and remember. i'm pretty sure it was rage. it happened a couple years ago maybe? we showed a large number of scans comparing cap and bats.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

we showed a large number of pics comparing his and mine.

You're sure you can't find the link? Sounds pretty good.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 11:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

There's a lot wrong with your post here Leo.

First off, you expect me to buy this when you say you were debating Rage on a non Thor related topic? Come on, you already caused me to mistrust you. Rage has never posted outside a Thor related topic and if he has, he was doing heroin at the time. Luckily he cleaned himself up so we never have to suffer through that. It was probably Darthboogers.

Second, why would you compare dick sizes with Cap? He's like the only one who has a quarter inch girth advantage over Batman. Why would you be surprised? It'd be like going into a Donkey show and getting upset that the donkey was inside 3 holes. You knew it was going to be something wrong.

Third. 'Comic book human' ranges from Carver level beings to Insane Titan level beings. And that's just the thugs. Then you have trained from birth handninjas who can kill a Carver with a thumbnail and do triple backflips through a brick wall. Then you have people like Daredevil, who can turn 30 handninjas into paste at the same time. Then you have Captain America, who can knock out the Hulk on average. It's quite a wide range, and kind of faulty.

Forth. If we turn back to contrasting with our world, all you have to ask yourself is if any human on this planet outside David Blaine can do it? If they start piling up feats on this level, that's a pretty fair reason to not be peak human. I know you hate the real world humans and everyone who lives here, but the people in comics are called human to relate back to us.

Fifth. Does Batman have 100s of feats limiting his abilities, or does he have 100s of feats doing only enough to get by? And are these 100s of feats "limiting his abilities" simply under things that Cap has done? A guy with the girthiest dick in comics?

Sixth. I don't even think Rage has read a Marvel comic without Thor related paraphernalia. He's read more DC comics than the zero Marvel comics he's read that had nothing to do with Thor.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 11:55 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh. you make a compelling case about...something. like i said, i'm not SURE it was rage, but for some reason.... anyway, i agree. thumb up

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:15 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I found it. Batman vs Cap no gadgets. It was Rage. But it was also 2013, which was a heavy dope year for Rage.

The guy was in and out of rehab every 2 months as a result of a terrible 2012 for Thor. He needed something to get the edge off and luckily Old Uncle Smackey was nearby.

He went by Myarmisfull of Junk that year. Totally different guy.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 23rd, 2018 at 12:23 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:20 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

yeah i just found it too. i was sort of arguing against the STOMP idea--namely that cap STOMPS bats because he HAS, many times, displayed superhuman feats. i'm not sure what that means exactly here but yeah, that was the thread. 5 years ago though?? goddamnit! lol

i argued for like 12 pages from somewhere around 205ish to the end of the thread that bats could take like...3/10 from cap. that's a lot of work to try and prove so little. wth was i thinking? fun though. i think that thread served to highlight a lot of bats' higher level showings and none really got beyond cap--at their best. the rest i think can be said to fall pretty well within comic book human levels. you don't agree, obviously, but hopefully you at least smell what this rock is cooking. thumb up

anyhow, for interested parties:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;pagenumber=218

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:37 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Even someone like Tony Stark is so crazily beyond what the most powerful living human can accomplish

The guy was taking however many ton stone pillars being broken off his back recently and was yelling at Death's Head while he was doing it. And both are far beyond Tony.

This whole conceived notion of peak humans is silly. Tony would be a superhuman here. Cap and Batman would be super weapons. It basically means nothing

Also

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Batman's lowest feat ever in comics

I wish the doctors never artificially inseminated your mother with pig semen to create you

I didn't mind 2013 bran tbh

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:53 AM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

just one example:

Etrigan is able to trade blows with Supes, and batman tanks his hits fine
https://postimg.cc/image/o6fn4h62j/018cc1b0/

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:30 AM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud I remember that.

Bran, I think all that poutine has rotted your brain. When I actually use to read comics, I spent a lot more time discussing other characters instead of Thor. Mostly Wally West and Kyle Rayner. There was a time I was labeled as a "DC guy" on the old Marvel boards for standing up for Superman and Flash against the rampant bias...

But that was before a cow gave birth to a crack baby in the dung fields of New Delhi.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:47 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

India Trump has really darkened this once great forum. Phil is his own personal Sean Hannity.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud I remember that.

Bran, I think all that poutine has rotted your brain. When I actually use to read comics, I spent a lot more time discussing other characters instead of Thor. Mostly Wally West and Kyle Rayner. There was a time I was labeled as a "DC guy" on the old Marvel boards for standing up for Superman and Flash against the rampant bias...

But that was before a cow gave birth to a crack baby in the dung fields of New Delhi.
I've heard worse stories tbh. Not by much, but worse nonetheless
Originally posted by armandovalles
actually buddy im 19, and even tho that's still pretty young, i can still guarantee ive been thru more sh*t in my life already than u ever will be....lemme ask u....u ever had ur heart stop? u ever had a temp of 107? u ever been shot close-range by a 44? u ever had ur whole_chest_cut open by a Ka-Bar?......I HAVE!!!!..........like i said, compared to me, u dont know the meaning of life....
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I run a company. I just had dinner with the govenor. I just did an interview on a local station at the last minute. I've sang in front of the president. I've fought Thugs in the hood. argued with racist teachers for better grades. Been openly gay in school, work, the hood, and even str8 bars and you tell me I"m a coward. I've got spades of courage. You are nothing. Less than actually to me. You know nothing of real courage. Look a racist cop in the face while driving a luxury car and then you'll know something about courage. Bytch.

Now that I think of it, same guy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:30 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I've heard worse stories tbh. Not by much, but worse nonetheless

Now that I think of it, same guy.
Definitely.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

He sang in front of the president. no expression

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:34 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

laughing out loud

That used to be my favorite thing he said, but that "fought thugs in the hood" is really doing it for me today.

****ing Armando. I'm pretty sure he's still kicking aroundo this valley

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:41 AM
Stoic
Avenger

laughing out loud

That used to be my favorite thing he said, but that "fought thugs in the hood" is really doing it for me today.

Clever.

Lovin it brother, you're a star

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:54 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Facee
He sang in front of the president. no expression
He goes by Fangirl on herochat and pretends he’s a girl these days. Still mocked and as regarded as ever reppin’ Wonderwoman.

ICT FAQs, because fangirl is objectively a ****ing moron

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=17724.0

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:56 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by quanchi112
He goes by Fangirl on herochat and pretends he’s a girl these days. Still mocked and as regarded as ever reppin’ Wonderwoman.

ICT FAQs, because fangirl is objectively a ****ing moron

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=17724.0
He still goes by that persona? Dedication.
I remember when he denied it here and then got banned for it. Then he made all those David Richards/Extant/comic character accounts with respect threads.
I'm sure if I thought of it I could point him out here. It's probably deeper down the rabbit hole than that though.

Stoic kind of weirded me out. I'll probably just accuse him tbh.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 03:06 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

laughing out loud

I wonder what he sang? Probably " Stand by me".

He still goes by that persona? Dedication.
I remember when he denied it here and then got banned for it. Then he made all those David Richards/Extant/comic character accounts with respect threads.
I'm sure if I thought of it I could point him out here. It's probably deeper down the rabbit hole than that though.

Stoic kind of weirded me out. I'll probably just accuse him tbh.

He's going by the name " Sin I Am".

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 03:21 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote