KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars is worthless.

This series sucksthumb up

Rouge one and Solo are only good movies.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 11:51 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I surprisingly ended up liking Solo the most out of what we got tbh, though it was poorly timed and thusly failed.

Ep 9... I dont know how to feel about yet still.

Solo was surprisingly fun. Not great, but I'd much rather have an anthology movie over another "Saga" episode with characters that I don't care about. Solo was a film where the behind the scenes drama overwhelmed the general audience impression of it to its detriment.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 12:09 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I will also give a shout-out to Solo. I enjoyed it more than most of the other new "Star Wars related" films. Not that it was flawless, but it had a bit more grounded adventure and fun in it.

The Force Awakens - cringe worthy bad after the first half
The Last Jedi - visually fun with nice practical gags and creatures etc, and I actually liked what they did with Skywalker, but also had some seriously stupid shit
Rogue One - boring nostalgia grab

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 12:21 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I agree. I don't know why people rate Rogue One the best of the new films. It's characters were all wooden planks. I've said before, when the only character you care about dying is the robot then you've got a serious problem connecting with the audience.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 12:31 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Because "i dont have an emotional connection to the characters" is a criticism that applies to 7 out of the 10 star wars movies released thus far.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 01:02 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I had an emotional connection to the Rogue One characters. Jyn Erso was a good character that I related to. Same for the others.

People don't like that it's an actual war movie and not a space fantasy.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 01:37 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Jyn Erso needed more fire in her if she was suppose to spark the Rebellion, Just came off bland.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 01:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talon Fang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I will also give a shout-out to Solo. I enjoyed it more than most of the other new "Star Wars related" films. Not that it was flawless, but it had a bit more grounded adventure and fun in it.

The Force Awakens - cringe worthy bad after the first half
The Last Jedi - visually fun with nice practical gags and creatures etc, and I actually liked what they did with Skywalker, but also had some seriously stupid shit
Rogue One - boring nostalgia grab

I agree with this.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 05:05 AM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I just want it to be over so they can move away from the new trilogy cast and start something completely unrelated

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 05:31 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I just want it to be over so they can move away from the new trilogy cast and start something completely unrelated

Which they are

that other trilogy from the two guys who were involved with the GoT show.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 05:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Jesus Christ. What absolute trash. Bringing back Sidious is not only desperate and pathetic but it completely invalidates RotJ's ending, Vader's sacrifice and the whole chosen one prophecy. And wow. Another desert planet, another snow planet and the death star again. How original. Everyone involved in these movies is a hack.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 08:36 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ It is desperate. Because they were in a desperate state after Solo flopped and The Last Jedi pretty universally disappointed people.

So it is a desperate move, but perhaps a necessary and smart move for them.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Which they are

that other trilogy from the two guys who were involved with the GoT show.

Bob Iger announced this is the last one for a while:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...s-series-hiatus

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 13th, 2019 at 08:52 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 08:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Well they're going to get onto that trilogy after Games of Thrones is finished up.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 09:41 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rey looks haf in the trailer.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 11:34 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

^ It is desperate. Because they were in a desperate state after Solo flopped and The Last Jedi pretty universally disappointed people.

TLJ was the 2nd highest grossing SW film ever and the 9th highest grossing film of all time, Ep 9 will likely break even more box office records and Star Wars is set to be continually profitable for decades to come. Solo "flopped" because of bad marketing and a lack of interest in seeing a Solo movie without Han Solo.

Why hardcore SW fan/haters continue to propagate the myth that their opinions matter I have no idea, lmao.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 12:44 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
TLJ was the 2nd highest grossing SW film ever and the 9th highest grossing film of all time, Ep 9 will likely break even more box office records and Star Wars is set to be continually profitable for decades to come. Solo "flopped" because of bad marketing and a lack of interest in seeing a Solo movie without Han Solo.

Why hardcore SW fan/haters continue to propagate the myth that their opinions matter I have no idea, lmao.

Oh wow Butthurt Beni action.

TFA to TLJ was the worst drop in box office for a Star Wars Episodic sequel of all time. It dropped by 700MILLION or 35%. TLJ also had the lowest box office multiplier of any Star Wars film ever save Solo.

You put that together with Solo flopping (make all the excuses you want for that), and on top of the increasing hate for Disney Star Wars, and it was quite apparent to Disney that they had to rethink the way they were going about this.

And LMAO at 2nd highest grossing SW film of all time? You comparing it to Star Wars films from 15 to 30 years back? Hey guess what Phantom Menace made more than ANH and was the HIGHEST grossing Star Wars film of all time until TFA, so must have been Universally praises right Beni?

Try looking at the facts objectively, instead of spinning them completely out of context. Even Disney realised they had to revamp shit.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 13th, 2019 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 01:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Because "i dont have an emotional connection to the characters" is a criticism that applies to 7 out of the 10 star wars movies released thus far.

None of the characters in Rogue One were remotely likeable. They were all practically the same. Miserable, jaded and boring with the sole exception of the robot. At least TFA and TLJ had Han, Poe and even Finn with a bit of charisma. It's only redeeming part was Vader's massacre at the end.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 02:04 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just saw the trailer. Lol. It all seems so generic now. There is also no point in bringing back Sidious and if you want to do it...you should have kept it secret.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 02:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Oh wow Butthurt Beni action.
Butthurt is refusing to cut the cord on a something you clearly despise, bitching about it on the internet for the better part of a year like a abused whore. eek!

Be honest, you are going to watch Ep 9 on opening weekend just so you can come here and complain about it. sick

And what a ****ing daft comparison, TFA was the only film to ever breach $2B alongside Avatar and The Titanic, it was the first Star Wars film in a decade, everyone and their mother went to see that movie. It was an event. Of course TLJ didn't compare. Only Infinity War has since. Lmfao.

TLJ also still ranks well above the prequels save TPM when adjusted for inflation, and yes, TPM was a huge financial success, despite butthurt fans.

But sure, one of Disney's most profitable films of the decade was a misfire and they are now desperate, based of a 2-minute teaser.

You are a silly man. sad

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 03:07 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

It's not smart though. They already took a dump on the OT by making Luke a failure. Now they're going to ruin Vader's sacrifice and the prophecy too. These people have absolutely no respect for Star Wars or its fanbase, which is why I skipped TLJ and Solo in theaters and it looks like I'll skip IX too.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 03:26 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote