KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Monica vs Superman (Battlezone discussion)

Monica vs Superman (Battlezone discussion)
Started by: Baziemarc123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 36 37 [38]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob

It was a real Photon vs Sentry fight that got stopped before both stopped holding back. Baz can channel energy from anywhere, and Leo can shunt it from anywhere. Great battle by two old masters.
Bwahaha laughing

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 09:27 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by beatboks
This isnt true. Leo put up scans of Supermans internal durability to show this wouldnt work.

DS Dont read below

The problem for me both sides effectively imho countered all attacks presented by their opponent. Neither side made an argument for an attack that wasnt effectively and completely dismantled. The only thing between the two arguments was speed. Most on KMC follow the belief speed kills but honestly if i were judging (not that Baz would have ever accepted me) I'd be hard pressed to actually choose a winner.

My 2 cents

how did he counter being stunned then cancelled...? confused unless you simply say you don't think an EMP would work which would be...an odd pov to have because we saw clear proof an EMP can at LEAST stagger her so not sure how he countered. she would at least have taken hard light form, in which case we saw no counter for her getting hit by an attack that would end up with her at the sun. we also have no clue if she could even have countered my cancellation IF you believe she would have had the opportunity. she couldn't cancel the shield frequency, so why would we give her the benefit of the doubt that she could cancel an attack aimed at her soul? nor do i see how she could have actually escaped the EM field i could have trapped her in. /shrug

lol but, different strokes and that will be my last word on this topic--not that it was asked for. big grin

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 10:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

This isnt true. Leo put up scans of Supermans internal durability to show this wouldnt work.

DS Dont read below

The problem for me both sides effectively imho countered all attacks presented by their opponent. Neither side made an argument for an attack that wasnt effectively and completely dismantled. The only thing between the two arguments was speed. Most on KMC follow the belief speed kills but honestly if i were judging (not that Baz would have ever accepted me) I'd be hard pressed to actually choose a winner.

My 2 cents

What? Did you read all three posts from each user?

Baz’s entire argument was that
1. Monica can get inside Superman
2. Once inside, she would defeat him.

He also made some mention of another scenario about CA and weakness.

Baz never established how CA would help Monica beyond possibly find a weakness. He never mention why her form of attack would harm Superman, nor provided any back up of her early doing this. As Leo pointed out, the scan he provided showed that she was unable to use her CA effectively
More importantly, Baz never explained why his scenario would work on Superman. He showed a random robot exploding. Somehow, we have to assume that it works on Superman? That’s equivalent to me showing a scan of heat vision hurting a random robot to argue that it would hurt Odin.

Leo on the other hand actually went the limit to break down baz’s argument;
1. Why EMP would be effective
2. Why red sun and Kryptonian isn’t an instant loss
3. How Superman's heat vision would work on Monica
4. Why attacking her freq would be effective
5. Why getting inside Superman would work easily

The point of the BZ is for you to let go of what you know of thess characters. You shouldn’t be using our knowledge to completely derive the argument for the poster. It’s unfair for the other contestant.

While we can argue on how we fee about each argument, you can’t give credit to baz when he didn’t do much of what was in your post.

Nothing against Baz but he didn’t present a good argument. He kinda threw wet papers hoping it sticks. I actually was hyped about this BZ as I didn’t know too much about monica.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:10 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

@leo #xljxking

Yes leo dismantled internal attack and CA and weakness explotation (to a degree). I dont see red sun working but I dont buy krytonite not however the CA was called into question and there is the whole thing of different k not working (which wasnt oresented)

However Baz also showed it wasnt EMP. Something close but nit exactly so as all Supes was shown doing was EMP it doesnt necessarily translate. Also je showed it didnt do much. Stuned ues but not a win. Thats how I read it.

As i see it all we have is supes greater speed and reflex qhich qould mean no attack of Spectrum will hit and gives him more options. Its simply a very tight call IMHO.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 02:01 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

@leo #xljxking

Yes leo dismantled internal attack and CA and weakness explotation (to a degree). I dont see red sun working but I dont buy krytonite not however the CA was called into question and there is the whole thing of different k not working (which wasnt oresented)

However Baz also showed it wasnt EMP. Something close but nit exactly so as all Supes was shown doing was EMP it doesnt necessarily translate. Also je showed it didnt do much. Stuned ues but not a win. Thats how I read it.

As i see it all we have is supes greater speed and reflex qhich qould mean no attack of Spectrum will hit and gives him more options. Its simply a very tight call IMHO.

I hope you don’t think I’m personally attacking you here

Baz is suppose to make a claim that Kryptonite would work effectively, not us. Leo mentioned that Kryptonite and Red sun light are not a automatic loses for Supermans. He made the claim with decent proof

The point of the BZ is to kinda judge who made the better argument.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 02:39 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote:
Baz is suppose to make a claim that Kryptonite would work effectively, not us. Leo mentioned that Kryptonite and Red sun light are not a automatic loses for Supermans. He made the claim with decent proof

The point of the BZ is to kinda judge who made the better argument.

Again Darksaint dont read until you vote

I understand the point, and I'm not saying I would rule agaimst Leo due to Kryptonite. I agree that he undermined those and internal attack (i.e that he left Baz with no viable attack that would allow Baz to win the fight). IMO though there are better counters to K because there are a lot more scans of it affecting quick than not. Others habe tried to create Kryptonite who know it and habe created things that amp Kal-el.

I just see it as Baz doing the same. He showed Monica doesnt have a physical body to be "pushed back into that can be koed". That it wasnt an actual emp (and remember we were only shown Supes creating an emp not other effects). That it didnt do any major damage.

Based on the BZ as I read it Leo has the speed advamtage and can dodge all day and attack probably uncountered. He can certainly stun Monica, but this wouldnt present as a win. If I was judging I would give it to Leo as he had the edge in the end. All I'm saying is neither actually presented a non dismantled win scenario. The options for an outright win by either were denied.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 10:43 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote