KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kurse vs. Wonder Woman

Kurse vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
If one thinks Diana wins, how do you think she wins? Do you think she is much stronger than Thor? Her skill wins it? Super speed?

DS85 has a decent point, and that's that the extreme potency of Power Pack collapsing that building on Kurse COULD have been partly or even mostly due to the iron of that framework more than the weight and concussion of falling debris.

A bare examination of the feat itself DOES suggest Wonder Woman is stronger than either Kurse or Thor DURING THIS PARTICULAR TIME otherwise.

The fact that Kurse could be out maneuvered by Mass Master (the Power Pack kid with control of gravity) suggests he was more or less human level in terms of movement rate, so Wonder Woman DOES have a size able speed advantage over Kurse as well.

For that matter, if iron and steel affect this guy, Wonder Woman's tiara and bracers could drop Kurse in a literal second. At least 2 versions of Wonder Woman in the last 10 years have direct access and control over Zeus' lighting, iirc, besides that, so if that's what took Kurse out in Thor 363 ...

However, the likeliest and most plausible in-character conclusion to this fight has Kurse subdued via Wondy's lasso.

For there's no way an in-character Diana could fail to understand that, like Supergirl and Superman shown earlier, THIS poor soul is confused, has no idea what they're doing, and really needs some help:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Sources: Power Pack #18, Thor #363, and Justice League #47

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 02:01 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It's not all or any metals that affect him.

It's specifically iron, for magical reasons. A piece of copper won't affect him the same way, for example.

So unless Diana's bracers and sword are made of iron (which they're not, certainly not her bracers), that's not applicable either.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 02:14 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Has the lasso ever failed once she connects with it?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 03:41 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Facee
Has the lasso ever failed once she connects with it?

Yes...though its rare

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 04:11 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yes...though its rare

This article got me thinking if the lasso would work on someone like Kurse.

https://marvelcinematicuniversetheo....com/tag/kurse/

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 04:56 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Facee
This article got me thinking if the lasso would work on someone like Kurse.

https://marvelcinematicuniversetheo....com/tag/kurse/

I cant recall Kurse not having a soul though. Good find

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 06:40 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
If one thinks Diana wins, how do you think she wins? Do you think she is much stronger than Thor? Her skill wins it? Super speed?

1. Being stronger doesn’t mean you can’t be damaged or koed by a weaker. Assuming Diana is weaker then she is strong enough to hurt Kurse.

2. Her perception speed would force Kurse to be a statue.

This is why WW wins.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 07:59 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote