KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Youtube Ranters turn the world into relative TV

Youtube Ranters turn the world into relative TV
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Youtube Ranters turn the world into relative TV

Annoying right and left-wing pundits with hilariously stupid agendas are almost certainly triggering youtube fans who post their videos. Rather than actually provide real discourse they rant and throw a few figures in which they then skew to the narrative to fit what they want. but the kids lap it up, they have disagreements with each other but rarely actually debate with each other for fear of losing face. And the kids lap it up, funny stuff! Thoughts?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:09 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:25 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just move this to the triggered thread.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Youtube Ranters turn the world into relative TV

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Annoying right and left-wing pundits with hilariously stupid agendas are almost certainly triggering youtube fans who post their videos. Rather than actually provide real discourse they rant and throw a few figures in which they then skew to the narrative to fit what they want. but the kids lap it up, they have disagreements with each other but rarely actually debate with each other for fear of losing face. And the kids lap it up, funny stuff! Thoughts?

Using KMC as a micro-example, you’ll see just how many of these kiddos rely on having a YouTube ranter (usually a white male w/ edge) tell them what they should think on any given subject.

The thought of reading the subject matter themselves without biased commentary being pissed into their ears seems anathema to them.

These facts will not sit well.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^Still butthurt Steven Crowder knows more about guns than him. Hilarious.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Independent thought is going extinct yeah. See above. sad

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:35 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I love how Surtur goes on to prove my point nigh immediately after I made it. Thanks?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I love how Surtur goes on to prove my point nigh immediately after I made it. Thanks?

If you need a pretend win that bad I'll allow it Rob.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Ironing

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ironing

Lol swing and a miss.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:46 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like you may enjoy the Intellectual Dark Web.

This one with Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro is a good intro.

It's interesting that the progressives are trying so hard to vilify them, because I hear little to be offended by. Disagree with, sure, but try and censure or marginalized?

Fox News, they are not.

And, the right hates them, too.

If you've pissed off the right and the left by simply making off party arguments, you must be doing something right.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by cdtm
Sounds like you may enjoy the Intellectual Dark Web.

This one with Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro is a good intro.

It's interesting that the progressives are trying so hard to vilify them, because I hear little to be offended by. Disagree with, sure, but try and censure or marginalized?

Fox News, they are not.

And, the right hates them, too.

If you've pissed off the right and the left by simply making off party arguments, you must be doing something right.

No you don't understand, Shapiro is one of these youtube ranters in their view.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:39 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Beniboybling

Prime Examples.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:41 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb

Harris, too?

Ben's funny in this one: "I need bodyguards at lectures now. From the right. I don't understand the rights problem with me. I'm basically a straight conservative!"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

`

Funny thing is people like Ben and Steven Crowder aren't just youtube ranters. Hell youtube is becoming less and less able to be counted on by people like them for a steady income. Ben has a show that he uploads to youtube. You can get his show at a lot of places. Steven Crowder does the same thing. Both have other sources of income besides youtube.

They mainly use youtube to build a fanbase and make any money they can off videos that don't get demonetized.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:15 PM
dadudemon

Re: Youtube Ranters turn the world into relative TV

The problem is, we have 1000 left-wing people with very large and influential soap-boxes but hardly any right-wing people with those same soapboxes. So they take to YouTube and get marginal voices. It's not a 50-50 split. The left has far too much of a voice in the US.

As time goes on, much more honest and balanced information will be put out there. People will pay less and less attention to the horribly biased MSM sources and seek out information from places like YouTube.

Thankfully, the research that says people will seek out media that confirms their biases is not all or nothing. Meaning, there will still be quite a large number of people with an opposing view that will consume something from a place like YouTube, see the other side, and see the error of their thinking. This is great and wonderful. This is what we want. If your only sources are always the biased MSM, you won't get a true "opposing" view that hasn't be curated in a specific way to make you believe this or that.

I hope I make sense. I hope MSM dies out in the next 20 years.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Beniboybling

I'd posit that it's becoming more and more common, actually. As actual knowledge and truth is becoming more and more accessible and less and less lies and propaganda are able to be gotten away with, independent thought is becoming more and more common.

This is a good thing. Hooray for the Information Age: it's quite sexy.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

To Bad that Corporations like Youtube are doing everything they can to Stomp Out said Independent Thought...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I disagree with some of his positions and I would actually like to debate him in a public forum on some of the things I disagree with.

However, an extreme "right-winger" he is not. I find his presentation of the arguments to be rather factual and honest. Which is why there's not much room for debate on many of his points.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:22 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah honestly this topic comes more across as "let's attack the credibility of the people we disagree with instead of arguing against their points of principle!"

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:23 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote