KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mexican presidential candidate calls for people to flee the country

Mexican presidential candidate calls for people to flee the country
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
No. REALLY!! The guy tells people to leave His Crappy Country and Sneak into the BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! Guess which one that is...

Its Official. Mexico is a Shit Hole. They attempt to Self Flush!

Last edited by Eternal Idol on Jun 25th, 2018 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:23 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol

It's certainly correct he didn't use the word shithole.

Why tell people to leave a prosperous non-shithole country though? Like in your mind...what is the reason?

Why is leaving Mexico a "human right"? Is it cuz it's a shithole and people should have the right to leave? That's my interpretation.

But I'm very curious to see how you interpreted it.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:00 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Surtur

Why tell people to leave a prosperous non-shithole country though? Like in your mind...what is the reason?

Why is leaving Mexico a "human right"? Is it cuz it's a shithole and people should have the right to leave? That's my interpretation.

From what I understand it's a human right to leave, well, any country, but it's also not a human right to violate another country's borders.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:25 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

No no justification. I'm just saying its interesting how countries evolve and how people change over time, in a hundred years from now do you think people will care about Mexico? No, why because people would have mixed so much that fight for the right for who owns this land or who owns that land. Even now the English we use is changing, we know more Spanish then ever before. What is a taco? What is an empanada? We use more Spanish then ever before.

Last edited by rudester on Jun 25th, 2018 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:39 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

He's not telling people to leave the country.

He is condemning the treatment of detained immigrants in the U.S., and advocating for better treatment of immigrants throughout the American continents, and everywhere else, for that matter. He's asking for host countries for a show of empathy for those exercising their human right to leave behind whatever hardships they faced their homelands to survive and prosper elsewhere.

It's a positive message.

Last edited by Eternal Idol on Jun 25th, 2018 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 11:51 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's not telling people to leave the country.

He is condemning the treatment of detained immigrants in the U.S., and advocating for better treatment of immigrants throughout the American continents, and everywhere else, for that matter. He's asking for host countries for a show of empathy for those exercising their human right to leave behind whatever hardships they faced their homelands to survive and prosper elsewhere.

It's a positive message.

Yes he is.

"And soon, very soon — after the victory of our movement — we will defend all the migrants in the American continent and all the migrants in the world," Obrador said on Tuesday while calling on people to "leave their towns and find a life in the United States."

Anything else?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 04:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 06:10 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm still confused how "leave and find a life in the United States" isn't telling people to leave.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 07:54 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I'm still confused how "leave and find a life in the United States" isn't telling people to leave.

I'll explain after work.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 12:45 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't bother. I think you're projecting, no offense.

There is absolutely no way he's not downplaying the standards of living of his own country.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 12:59 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by cdtm
Don't bother. I think you're projecting, no offense.

There is absolutely no way he's not downplaying the standards of living of his own country.

Projecting?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 01:16 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Projecting?

Well, nothing he said implies more then what he said.

You can argue he had a deeper message, but the fact is you really don't want to hint that the country your running isn't really worth staying in. It sends a bad message.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 01:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Well, nothing he said implies more then what he said.

You can argue he had a deeper message, but the fact is you really don't want to hint that the country your running isn't really worth staying in. It sends a bad message.

The only way I can see this being spun is for someone to try to say the guy didn't really want people to leave...he just wanted to draw attention to how shitty Mexico is.

But nah, you can do that in other ways besides "leave". He told them to leave. I'd love to see how they are going to spin this.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 03:34 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

This post is taking me a lot longer to complete than I thought. I'll post it when it's ready though. I've got to get some sleep in before it's time to go back to work again, and I still have to go drop off my ballot.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 01:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does it have anything to do with trying to excuse it via "he was trying to draw attention to how shitty this place is" ?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 02:30 PM
Flyattractor

Probably more that is harder for him to string enough shitpost
threads together to make his narrative NOT look like the big LIE it really is.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Does it have anything to do with trying to excuse it via "he was trying to draw attention to how shitty this place is" ?

No, because he isn't telling people to mass migrate out of Mexico and into the U.S., nor is he painting Mexico as either a shithole or a utopia. I should be able to wrap it up after work tonight.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 07:16 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Probably more that is harder for him to string enough shitpost
threads together to make his narrative NOT look like the big LIE it really is.

This, coming from you? Priceless. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 07:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm expecting some houdini level shit to go down here.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 09:25 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I'm expecting some houdini level shit to go down here.

laughing out loud

I'm not writing a book about it. Just something I think would better clarify his position. He's not encouraging a mass exodus and telling people to leave Mexico. Fly's article is foaming at the mouth retarded for no reason.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 09:39 PM