KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rogol Zaar vs Doomsday

Rogol Zaar vs Doomsday
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Rogol Zaar vs Doomsday

All out battle to the death.

1. DOS Doomsday
2. Gog Wars Doomsday
3. Hunter Prey Doomsday

No BFR

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 09:40 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Hard to tell

For the most part, Superman hasn't really been fighting Rogol Zaar. We know this because as Superman said, the collateral damage to the city would have been bad had Superman and Rogol kept on figting.

However, in Man of Steel 5, Superman actually does get beat. In fact, like he does state, he wont win the his strength. It's hinting that Superman will need to throw him into Phantom Zone.

Yet, the last we saw of DD, Superman also had to resort to throwing DD to the Phantom Zone.

With all that said, I'm still leaning towards Doomsday winning ever fight. My reasoning is that we saw ever DD version you have listed Stoic, beating the JLA. Each one technically defeated Superman in more occasions.

We have yet to see the upper limits on Rogol. Yes, this is his debut, it wouldn't make sense that Superman automatically defeat him. It's obvious this guy is going to be used later by Bendis hence he needs to feel like a threat. I'm quite sure in the future, Superman will beat him physically.

All version of DD listed here defeat Rogol

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 10:40 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

RZ’s just too new a character to get this win.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 09:52 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hard to tell

For the most part, Superman hasn't really been fighting Rogol Zaar. We know this because as Superman said, the collateral damage to the city would have been bad had Superman and Rogol kept on figting.

However, in Man of Steel 5, Superman actually does get beat. In fact, like he does state, he wont win the his strength. It's hinting that Superman will need to throw him into Phantom Zone.

Yet, the last we saw of DD, Superman also had to resort to throwing DD to the Phantom Zone.

With all that said, I'm still leaning towards Doomsday winning ever fight. My reasoning is that we saw ever DD version you have listed Stoic, beating the JLA. Each one technically defeated Superman in more occasions.

We have yet to see the upper limits on Rogol. Yes, this is his debut, it wouldn't make sense that Superman automatically defeat him. It's obvious this guy is going to be used later by Bendis hence he needs to feel like a threat. I'm quite sure in the future, Superman will beat him physically.

All version of DD listed here defeat Rogol

I'm in general agreement. We also don't know whether Rogol's gear is especially effective against Kryptonians. It's not even clear whether Superman's inner monologue really means he doesn't feel he could win in a straight punch up, or whether he was alluding to the fact that he felt something more was going on and he needed to do more than just fight. I don't really know.

Finally, Superman is famous for not really knowing his limits, so even when he doesn't think he is powerful enough to win a fight, often it turns out he is.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 10:01 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I'm in general agreement. We also don't know whether Rogol's gear is especially effective against Kryptonians. It's not even clear whether Superman's inner monologue really means he doesn't feel he could win in a straight punch up, or whether he was alluding to the fact that he felt something more was going on and he needed to do more than just fight. I don't really know.

Finally, Superman is famous for not really knowing his limits, so even when he doesn't think he is powerful enough to win a fight, often it turns out he is.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 12:14 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Despite Supermans claims to the contrary, he was holding his own with Rogol right up to the end.

Rogol had the upper hand, but it wasn't exactly a stomp.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 03:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Based on preview, Rogol is about to fight the whole Phantom Zone....including Doomsday.

You can see Doomsday in the left corner here:

(please log in to view the image)

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 04:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

@ Philo
I forget but aren’t some beings depowered in the PZ

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 04:37 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If time is stopped inside the PZ (like Mon Els poisoning or whatever)....does that mean DD cannot evolve whilst there?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 05:03 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

@ Philo
I forget but aren’t some beings depowered in the PZ
Technically, all of them. Even Dominus (who was more powerful than Kismet [i.e. Eternity]) was trapped there helpless.

But Superboy Prime [and Doomsday] are special cases, who can literally punch their way out of it.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
If time is stopped inside the PZ (like Mon Els poisoning or whatever)....does that mean DD cannot evolve whilst there?
DD can evolve to evolve in time stop confirmed.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 05:21 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Not sure if I read it correctly, but did Rogol trap the entire Earth in the Phantom Zone? He is slated to reappear very soon.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 11:47 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Stoic
Not sure if I read it correctly, but did Rogol trap the entire Earth in the Phantom Zone? He is slated to reappear very soon.

Apparently earth is in the PZ. Not sure why.. I don't think Rogal had much to do with it.... I don't see how.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 11:53 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Apparently earth is in the PZ. Not sure why.. I don't think Rogal had much to do with it.... I don't see how.

He may have had the ability to extend the effects of the Phantom Zone projector. Well that's the impression that I got the moment that I read it.

I have a feeling that Supergirl is going to either be severely hurt, or perhaps even killed Mortal Combat style.

Rogol is basically Jason Voorhees to Kal. It's like he's declared that there will be no escape from him, without saying much about it. Superman's attacks had no effect on Rogol imo.

Last edited by Stoic on Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:05 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 12:01 AM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Stoic
He may have had the ability to extend the effects of the Phantom Zone projector. Well that's the impression that I got the moment that I read it.

I have a feeling that Supergirl is going to either be severely hurt, or perhaps even killed Mortal Combat style.

Rogol is basically Jason Voorhees to Kal. It's like he's declared that there will be no escape from him, without saying much about it. Superman's attacks had no effect on Rogol imo.

Maybe he has some weird ability. I’m curious to see because I don’t notice any hint. Unless Superman is under some kind of illusion/mind trick and he never really send Rogol to ththe PZ; instead Superman sent the entire earth to prevent Rogol from destroying it

Also, Supergirl is safe. She has her solo coming. She is going to be investigating Rogol and his staff outside of earth.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 12:45 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Maybe he has some weird ability. I’m curious to see because I don’t notice any hint. Unless Superman is under some kind of illusion/mind trick and he never really send Rogol to ththe PZ; instead Superman sent the entire earth to prevent Rogol from destroying it

Also, Supergirl is safe. She has her solo coming. She is going to be investigating Rogol and his staff outside of earth.

Not sure about that theory, because I think that it was Supergirl that used the projector?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 01:18 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

**** Rogol. I didn't think Bendis' pet character would be his gay OC character.

I know he's going to beat Doomsday, but he shouldn't based on anything shown so far.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 03:55 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by One Big Mob

I know he's going to beat Doomsday, but he shouldn't based on anything shown so far.
I didn't expect this to start so soon.

Hopefully Doomsday just stands there and doesn't get involved....

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 07:10 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

thumb up

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 07:23 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by One Big Mob

I don't mind Rogol as a villain. He is a standard comic book alien character.

I thought Bendis would have created something truly atrocious from his experience at Hyper-Prog Marvel.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 06:09 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They didn't fight, and doesn't look like they will. Doomsday was taken out of the Phantom Zone by Jor-El anyways.

I say Doomsday can beat him. Rogol is only "as" tough as Superman, while Doomsday is a half step above normally, and will eventually adapt up as the fight goes on.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 09:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote